IGNORED

TV Camera View

JM91

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone know what will happen to the TV cameras at Ashton Gate once the stadium rebuild is complete?

This seasons camera angle, understandably, is rubbish.  But next season will the view be from the Williams/West stand or from the Dolman stand?

Personally feel a switch to the Dolman would be better aesthetically but am no expert in Camera work so don't know how possible/plausible it is to have them moved across.

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

I heard all the players were going to be fitted with go pros before they step onto the pitch.

True story. Fact. End of. Etc etc

Caught part of a story that Refs may wear cameras so you can see their angle ! How true, who knows .

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Caught part of a story that Refs may wear cameras so you can see their angle ! How true, who knows .

Referees wear them for rugby - at least when the match is on TV. 

Im not sure football refs wearing them would be a good idea. Too controversial. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Bet they don't use mics! Filthy mouths on most players and argumentative Nancy-boys to boot.  (all while wearing Respect on their kit)  

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Right at the back? Are you sure? Surely camera gantries are normally hanging off the roof, further towards the front?

This is how it was shown in the plans originally however there have been a few tweeks and the tv platform can be seen clearly at the back of the top tier. This was confirmed in on one of the Bristol Sport videos recently.

8 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bet they don't use mics! Filthy mouths on most players and argumentative Nancy-boys to boot.  (all while wearing Respect on their kit)  

I remember a few years ago when David Elleray (?) was miked up for a documentary. The game was Chelsea v Arsenal and at one stage two players went in for a meaty 50/50 and both ended up writhing around on the floor. As Elleray was standing over them, Dennis Wise ambles by and  says `just send the ******* pair of them off ref and lets get on with it`. Classic.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I remember a few years ago when David Elleray (?) was miked up for a documentary. The game was Chelsea v Arsenal and at one stage two players went in for a meaty 50/50 and both ended up writhing around on the floor. As Elleray was standing over them, Dennis Wise ambles by and  says `just send the ******* pair of them off ref and lets get on with it`. Classic.

Indeed remember it well.

Here you go....

9 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The thing is the rugby boys don't use filthy language because they know they will get penalised and until they do that in football the players will try and push the boundaries. I know it's a working mans game but I'm sure most supporters want to see a bit of respect in the game 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Millwall v Arsenal. The Arsenal players were not aware he was mic'd up!

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Right. I suspect I thought it was Chelsea because of Wise.

There's a great moment post match where Grayham walks in to have a go at Ellery and sees the camera and walks back out 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm so in favour of miked up refs. 

1) Swear at the ref gets you a match ban

2) Calling him a cheat, three match ban.

It would all stop in weeks.

Appealing to the Ref for anything - immediate yellow. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Appealing to the Ref for anything - immediate yellow. 

Appealing is one thing and I'm fine with it. But as soon as the ref shakes his head or waves his arm the situation is over. Sometimes the ref misses things that a player can see. So often in rugby the 9 will be pointing at an infringement for the ref to see it and give him the penalty.

If however the ref gives/does not give something and a player follows up the decision in a rude way then maybe a yellow. 

Abusing the ref is the only situation I'd like to see a sin bin card for though. The fans would help the player to understand not to do it again I'm sure.  

46 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Appealing is one thing and I'm fine with it. But as soon as the ref shakes his head or waves his arm the situation is over. Sometimes the ref misses things that a player can see. So often in rugby the 9 will be pointing at an infringement for the ref to see it and give him the penalty.

If however the ref gives/does not give something and a player follows up the decision in a rude way then maybe a yellow. 

Abusing the ref is the only situation I'd like to see a sin bin card for though. The fans would help the player to understand not to do it again I'm sure.  

Diving? Simulation (cheating?). 

I'd like to see a minimum 5 mins off the pitch should a player need treatment. 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Referees wear them for rugby - at least when the match is on TV. 

Im not sure football refs wearing them would be a good idea. Too controversial. 

Disagree, it would firstly show what a bloody hard job the refs have.

Then secondly, lets have audio as well, so everyone can hear what these over payed, over hyped Premier League players are callng the refs.

These players would soon change!

22 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Diving? Simulation (cheating?). 

I'd like to see a minimum 5 mins off the pitch should a player need treatment. 

Obviously diving I'd like to see post match citing but I was just focusing on player/ref interactions. However I disagree with the last point as although it may stop players going down to slow the game/time waste, it will punish genuinely injured players who may need a bandage to stop bleeding. 

Archived