IGNORED

So, what kinds of players...

Lack of Action Man

Players who will want to get in on the magic L:J will bring, he will need to sell the club to players, sell the ambition, if LJ is committed and believes in himself that will show and players will want to be a part of that.

Pep Guardiola doing OK, there are lots of young smart managers, LJ would have been fortunate enough to be passively learning from his Dad at an early age, not a bad teacher, and they are 99.9% the same person, and GJ had some world class traits.

We have never won any big trophies or played in the PL, Europe, but we are one of the biggest clubs in the world potentially I belive, who would not want to be a part of that potential, a first time FA cup, League cup, PL game, CL, EUROPA CUP? Think of the joy we have coming?!

Stoke just signed a £20m player and Leice are about to rek the PREM league so i say we can achieve anything

LJ was a top pro at the club when he was here, I expect to see us go in for Skuse if we stay up, we need those kind of players, pluck a few gems from the lower leages, no big time Charlies, unless its Charlie Austin or Charles N'zogbia of course ;p

get your money on LJ managing England at some point. 

Here's one our new French coach might have missed out on, signed for Lorient this week from Troyes who are currently bottom of ligue 1 and just watching his debut, Lorient down to 10 men but this guy looking just like another piece of well scouted gold dust, strong, full of tricks, a good football brain, a real handful only 21 and just scored an equaliser, can't find any mention of a fee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Cabot

There are clips of him on youtube.

20 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's one our new French coach might have missed out on, signed for Lorient this week from Troyes who are currently bottom of ligue 1 and just watching his debut, Lorient down to 10 men but this guy looking just like another piece of well scouted gold dust, strong, full of tricks, a good football brain, a real handful only 21 and just scored an equaliser, can't find any mention of a fee.

Es. Can you please PM me any French recommendations. Off the radar types. 

4 hours ago, CiderHider said:

Players who will want to get in on the magic L:J will bring, he will need to sell the club to players, sell the ambition, if LJ is committed and believes in himself that will show and players will want to be a part of that.

Pep Guardiola doing OK, there are lots of young smart managers, LJ would have been fortunate enough to be passively learning from his Dad at an early age, not a bad teacher, and they are 99.9% the same person, and GJ had some world class traits.

We have never won any big trophies or played in the PL, Europe, but we are one of the biggest clubs in the world potentially I belive, who would not want to be a part of that potential, a first time FA cup, League cup, PL game, CL, EUROPA CUP? Think of the joy we have coming?!

Stoke just signed a £20m player and Leice are about to rek the PREM league so i say we can achieve anything

LJ was a top pro at the club when he was here, I expect to see us go in for Skuse if we stay up, we need those kind of players, pluck a few gems from the lower leages, no big time Charlies, unless its Charlie Austin or Charles N'zogbia of course ;p

get your money on LJ managing England at some point. 

The most ludicrous sentence I have EVER read on OTIB. Lee Johnson to manage England??!!

Just now, Harry said:

Es. Can you please PM me any French recommendations. Off the radar types. 

of course. 

The game just ended, this guy was outstanding and the crowd have taken to him, in a week where Lorient have sold another 5mil + player to Sunderland this time, their unerring ability to unearth these diamonds beggars belief, I suspect there is another 50/60 mil of talent already on their books just ready for the big bids. When was the last time we had 1 player worth 5 mil?.

Having said that last week I went to their training and academy facility on the outskirts of Lorient it puts Failand to shame, this is a model of club BCFC should be aspiring to, the ground is great and set to be improved this summer the training facilities at the ground and  their academy are state of the art and this place is a tenth of the size of Bristol and have fractionally lower average crowds than us.

I would like to think that BCFC might actually spend time investigating the way this club is run and perhaps even start an association with them but won't be holding my breath any time soon.

I will email some photos of their academy/training facility later.

22 minutes ago, BabylonSisters said:

The most ludicrous sentence I have EVER read on OTIB. Lee Johnson to manage England??!!

Well Babylon, with only 6 posts to date- stick around a while...

I give you my word that we can offer you even more ludicrous sentences. Wait till you meet Robbored for starters .

Personally, I think that a young manager giving up the chance of walking a team out at Wembley to return to a club that he'd played almost 200 games for and took to within 90 mins of the premier league,  is a ringing endorsement of our club whilst selling the club to prospective new signings. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Shame this wasn't done a bit earlier in the window, we could have got Winnall!

Technically could we not loan him from Barnsley and agree a fee as part of the deal? Depends on whether or not LJ thinks he could do a job in the Championship and fit in here as well. We are after a striker, perhaps this is part of the grand plan. Winnal would you presume be more likely to say yes now his previous coach/manager is here....

A more likely scenario may be that the reason that Fulham have not sold Matt Smith is as an insurance policy in case they themselves get relegated and their main strikers might all have escape clauses for that eventuality, as we know his worth at league one level, so might still be available on loan until the end of the season.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounds good but can't imagine Barnsley will be queueing up to do us any favours! Would be a decent signing though I think if we could do something. 

Depends how our dealings with Barnsley have been really. If we`ve done everything by the book and agreed to pay the compensation they`ve asked for without quibbling they may see it as us doing them a favour in a way so no hard feelings. There don`t seem to have been any angry rumblings from their board about the situation so for once we may have done something right.

13 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Good Brizzle name that.

Looking at his height on wiki, he might be below the plimsoll line!

Archived