IGNORED

If You're Disappointed With Today's Managerial Appointment

Xiled

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

After a while of it sinking in I'm really quite happy. He was part of a very good period in this clubs history and him coming back has reminded me of all those memories with a renewed hope that we can once again reproduce that.

Lansdown said many years ago he was fed up of constantly changing managers and their assistants and coaches when sacked and he wanted to create a structure where a manager would fit into the exisiting structure. 

It's took a few years to put that structure in place but I'm delighted we finally have it in place. It will give us long term stability.

I agree with this, I think the news on Friday had me feeling a little bit flat, but by the time Monday's press conference comes around it would have sunk in and most fans will be feeling a little more positive.

It's good that Pembo will be staying and his knowledge of the first team squad will hopefully help Lee hit the ground running.

i feel let down at the moment by the clubs choice , but as a supporter of 35 years im surprised by nothing at BCFC , i want to get behind this decision and support the new manager with gusto , at this point and with all the knowledge of L.J's managerial history,  putting aside Cotts inability to change the formation and use substitutions as part of tactical management ,which I agree is fundamental to success at this level. (and what ultimately cost him his job). I ask you what does L.J have in his locker which we didn't already have under Cotts? , what will this appointment do to benefit the football club in the long run and I think that 3 and half years in football management is the long run. I would like the answers to be based purely on what we know about lee Johnson's managerial success and not hope and dreams that we would all like. i am struggling to find anything to back up this appointment. i need help from loyal BCFC fans who may know more about what quality's L.J has that has made him the new manager.

15 hours ago, Xiled said:

Have a look at the final list of prospective managers/coaches that Oddschecker was offering before Lee Johnson's appointment:

mana2.png.3d7b56ca172dd4e75510170946c860

Then discount the following:

• Manager's working at a lower league level or with less experience (Mark Cooper, Keith Curle, Paul Tisdale....)
  • Unrealistic targets who will probably get better/safer offers in the months ahead (Brendan Rogers, David Moyes, Martin Jul, Michael Laudrup....)
  • Ex-managers (Danny Wilson, Gary Johnson, Joe Jordan, Keith Millen....)
  • Old-timers who won't be looking for the challenge that is BCFC (Joe Jordan, Harry Redknapp....)
  • Managers with a history than includes one or two really bad managerial episodes (Paulo DiCanio, Uwe Rosler, Roy Keane, Malky Mackay, Lee Clarke....)

And realistically who are you left with?

From that list of 'possible' candidates, only Nigel Pearson or Gareth Southgate would have made it through for me.  Both of those would have definitely wanted their own coaching staff and this feels like a time when it would be sensible to hold onto John Pemberton, Wade Elliott etc.  With their brief but proven ability to get results with our squad, it is definitely right to appoint a head coach rather than a manager.  Plus, we also get a new set of eyes on the squad.  Say what you like about Lee Johnson but he hasn't taken an easy option yet with the jobs at Barnsley and Oldham.

If you're disappointed that Johnson was the board's choice, who was out there who would have definitely been a better appointment?

"Unrealistic targets"

There you have it. What is stopping us appointing a proven high profile candidate. When is the right time for a Club in the eighth largest city in England with a very wealthy owner to be brave and serious about taking a serious crack at the Premiership?

Little Lee's appointment confirms what some (?) may have concluded. The owner is against appointing any manager that he cannot easily control. He will not appoint someone who is forceful and knowledgeable enough to challenge what is a fundamentally flawed, feudal approach to running a football Club. A millionaire who is highly successful in his business sphere believes he must therefore also be knowledgeable about football. Which he isn't. He is seems to see it as a right that he can  to continue to interfere in the football side of the Club and Bristol City will remain a yo-yo League 1 to Championship Club until that situation changes. It's our Club as well but the scenario states "Steve Lansdowne is our divine benefactor, we must be grateful". However he is also our biggest obstacle to substantial progress..

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe SL has done a Harry Dolman and appointed an AD. I don't think we should have to wait a 100 years to find an Alan Dicks by chance.

CTID

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

"Unrealistic targets"

There you have it. What is stopping us appointing a proven high profile candidate. When is the right time for a Club in the eighth largest city in England with a very wealthy owner to be brave and serious about taking a serious crack at the Premiership?

Little Lee's appointment confirms what some (?) may have concluded. The owner is against appointing any manager that he cannot easily control. He will not appoint someone who is forceful and knowledgeable enough to challenge what is a fundamentally flawed, feudal approach to running a football Club. A millionaire who is highly successful in his business sphere believes he must therefore also be knowledgeable about football. Which he isn't. He is seems to see it as a right that he can  to continue to interfere in the football side of the Club and Bristol City will remain a yo-yo League 1 to Championship Club until that situation changes. It's our Club as well but the scenario states "Steve Lansdowne is our divine benefactor, we must be grateful". However he is also our biggest obstacle to substantial progress..

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe SL has done a Harry Dolman and appointed an AD. I don't think we should have to wait a 100 years to find an Alan Dicks by chance.

CTID

Totally respect your position.

The question I asked my neighbour and fellow City supporter was "at the bottom of the Championship, give me an example of a team who has appointed a genuinely high profile manager"

It doesn't work like that at our end of the table.  A good number of 'average' managers/coaches get their teams to the top of the Championship and then get replaced.  A few are given the chance to take their teams into the Premier League.  But I can't think of a team in League 1 or the bottom six of the Championship that has done something that has made me sit up and think it was an ambitious and surprising appointment.  There is too much risk for an established manager with proven success to take us on at this point in this season.

My main issue with Lee Johnson's appointment is - why now?  The job done by WE and JP has given most of us the belief that we can make it through to the end of the season without being relegated (a little amount of hindsight is helping there with the result against Charlton).  But I would have given Johnson the chance to lead his team out at Wembley and make a move for him in May.  No disrespect to him but I don't think he would have been poached by another team before the summer.  It would have also allowed City the chance to condition our expectations.  Rightly or wrongly, the 'Premier League ambition' statement led some fans to believe we were targeting a big name.

Again, this isn't criticism of your views because we all see the situation differently but I personally disagree with:

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

It's our Club as well but the scenario states "Steve Lansdowne is our divine benefactor, we must be grateful". However he is also our biggest obstacle to substantial progress..

In the years I've supported City there has been little between us and Bristol Rovers during some of those decades.  At present, there is an enormous gulf (stadium, support, league position, squad value, growth potential, off-field income, recent success) and that's down to the difference between Stephen Lansdown and the board at Bristol City versus the calamitous stewardship of the blue few.

There but for the grace of god, go I.... 

17 hours ago, Xiled said:

Have a look at the final list of prospective managers/coaches that Oddschecker was offering before Lee Johnson's appointment:

mana2.png.3d7b56ca172dd4e75510170946c860

Then discount the following:

• Manager's working at a lower league level or with less experience (Mark Cooper, Keith Curle, Paul Tisdale....)
  • Unrealistic targets who will probably get better/safer offers in the months ahead (Brendan Rogers, David Moyes, Martin Jul, Michael Laudrup....)
  • Ex-managers (Danny Wilson, Gary Johnson, Joe Jordan, Keith Millen....)
  • Old-timers who won't be looking for the challenge that is BCFC (Joe Jordan, Harry Redknapp....)
  • Managers with a history than includes one or two really bad managerial episodes (Paulo DiCanio, Uwe Rosler, Roy Keane, Malky Mackay, Lee Clarke....)

And realistically who are you left with?

From that list of 'possible' candidates, only Nigel Pearson or Gareth Southgate would have made it through for me.  Both of those would have definitely wanted their own coaching staff and this feels like a time when it would be sensible to hold onto John Pemberton, Wade Elliott etc.  With their brief but proven ability to get results with our squad, it is definitely right to appoint a head coach rather than a manager.  Plus, we also get a new set of eyes on the squad.  Say what you like about Lee Johnson but he hasn't taken an easy option yet with the jobs at Barnsley and Oldham.

If you're disappointed that Johnson was the board's choice, who was out there who would have definitely been a better appointment?

Most of the "experienced" managers on that list have been sacked for failing at least once. No one can guarantee success. Lee will be dismissed or leave sometime in the future, it goes with the job, but maybe, just maybe, he can get us some success here first.

It would be great to hear the logic behind the appointment from the club itself at tomorrow's press conference…something which makes sense of LJ managing us being consistent with the two statements that attracted most attention during the search for a manager - namely that we'd be surprised by the people who'd applied (by which I understood that we be pleasantly surprised!) and that the plan was to aim for the Premiership.

I could construct an argument for LJ being the best available and someone who can build a team for the future….but it would be good for all of us to hear something convincing from the top.

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Paul Tisdale.

Vastly more experienced, fans always happy with him, success at two clubs without spending money.

I was one of the ?three who voted for him in the poll, having dismissed the clearly better candidates of Moyes as unrealistic and Pearson as highly unlikely.

Which two clubs ? Been Exeter  manager since 2006, two promotions last in 2009, only other job Team Bath in the western and southern leagues, got quite a few promotions etc but really ?

14 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Totally respect your position.

The question I asked my neighbour and fellow City supporter was "at the bottom of the Championship, give me an example of a team who has appointed a genuinely high profile manager"

It doesn't work like that at our end of the table.  A good number of 'average' managers/coaches get their teams to the top of the Championship and then get replaced.  A few are given the chance to take their teams into the Premier League.  But I can't think of a team in League 1 or the bottom six of the Championship that has done something that has made me sit up and think it was an ambitious and surprising appointment.  There is too much risk for an established manager with proven success to take us on at this point in this season.

Respect mate. A couple of points. 

On a more general point, a "name" Club e.g.. Newcastle, are ruthless enough to ditch the poor sod (Hughton) who got them back to the Premiership and then appoint someone they think will be a better prospect, attracting better players etc, in the Premiership. (Of course it didn't work out for them that time with Pardew but that showed they were determined about the Premiership)

My point here is that SL will not use that ruthless streak in his Club-owning activity that he undoubtedly must have to become a millionaire in his Accountancy because it would involve him in the risk of losing control. "Let's keep it all cosy with Tinnion, Millen and now Little Lee". He mistakingly may think that the fans go for all that stuff. He's frightened to step out of his cosy football fantasy world.

If there was a problem already between SL and Cotterill already, which we suspect, the ideal ruthless time to get rid was when we had promotion to the Championship, in preparing for Premiership football. (Yeah I know. heavy isn't it?) 

As regards our position immediately post Cotterill and your doubts about a name manager coming to us at that point, I go back to Pearson's response on the Radio when Chappers asked him about the vacancy at Bristol City. He did not say "I'm not interested (in a relegation-threatened Club)" He said "Well, Bristol is a large city". This shows that Pearson is an educated man. Place this alongside his remarks elsewhere in the Radio show about going to a Club eventually that had the right fit for him, wouldn't you take that as an invitation to SL to take him on? 

This is what got me really interested. 'This time, at last, something big could happen at City"

No. Sadly we are back in the usual glue/glue fatalist "City will never amount to anything scene". Doing what Bristolians are best at. moaning "I told 'ee it ud never 'appen"

Here I go, I'm joining in on that one.

18 hours ago, bris red said:

This. People can Can dress it up all they like but LJ was the safe and cheap option.

And not needed!    They might as well have let Pembo who is a much more experienced coach than LJ, continue until the end of the season, then if all goes well and he keeps us up, which seems could have been possible, appoint him as the Head Coach.  If not then look for a new, experienced Head Coach and start again.  Why waste money on a Head Coach who has less experience with a 3 and a half year contract?

21 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Which two clubs ? Been Exeter  manager since 2006, two promotions last in 2009, only other job Team Bath in the western and southern leagues, got quite a few promotions etc but really ?

IMO.

I see him as the man able to replicate the Crewe / Dario Gradi model here. Steady improvement, bringing through youth players, but with the inbuilt advantage of our being much better supported than Crewe it would see us inexorably rise to the Premiership.

I don't think LJ has done anything of note and is a totally random punt on a novice manager who would not have even been shortlisted without having played for us.

I am hugely disappointed by what I see as a missed opportunity. I am not however stamping my foot and burning my memorabilia and will continue to support the club. 

27 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

On a more general point, a "name" Club e.g.. Newcastle, are ruthless enough to ditch the poor sod (Hughton) who got them back to the Premiership and then appoint someone they think will be a better prospect, attracting better players etc, in the Premiership. (Of course it didn't work out for them that time with Pardew but that showed they were determined about the Premiership)

Yep, that happens and although it backfired for Newcastle, I can see the logic.  But that's the other end of the table and we're a million miles away from challenging at the top at present.  However I would certainly agree that we are unlikely to be that ruthless in circumstances where Lee Johnson does get us challenging for promotion or actually into the Premier League.  It isn't in Steve Lansdown's character because he clearly wants to reward the man who finally gets it right for City.  After Gary Johnson got us within a couple of goals of promotion to the Premier League there wasn't a single voice calling for him to be replaced by a big name manager.  Arguably that was our opportunity to land someone with a reputation.

If there was a problem already between SL and Cotterill already, which we suspect, the ideal ruthless time to get rid was when we had promotion to the Championship, in preparing for Premiership football. (Yeah I know. heavy isn't it?) 

99.9% of fans would have said that getting rid of Cotterill last summer would have been madness.  Even if there were problems, they wouldn't have been aired publically and we would have accused Lansdown of losing his mind.  It's easy to look back now and see issues but until the start of August (and our evident failure to sign the right players), nobody knew there was an issue with Cotterill.  At that point, the season had already begun.

As regards our position immediately post Cotterill and your doubts about a name manager coming to us at that point, I go back to Pearson's response on the Radio when Chappers asked him about the vacancy at Bristol City. He did not say "I'm not interested (in a relegation-threatened Club)" He said "Well, Bristol is a large city". This shows that Pearson is an educated man. Place this alongside his remarks elsewhere in the Radio show about going to a Club eventually that had the right fit for him, wouldn't you take that as an invitation to SL to take him on?

I've got nothing more to go on than discussion with other City fans but it is alleged that Pearson was contacted, discussions took place but he wanted his own backroom staff.  At this difficult stage of the season with JP and WE doing an excellent job, it would have been very risky to reward them with the sack.  Don't forget that Pearson hasn't dealt with pressure particularly well in the past.  That said, if he would have been prepared to work with Pemberton and Elliott then I would have taken him on.

No. Sadly we are back in the usual glue/glue fatalist "City will never amount to anything scene".

Well, maybe.  But I personally think the head coach model is the way forward for us in current circumstances (and should ensure that Pemberton gets to give his views on formation and selection).  Cotterill as 'manager' worked brilliantly in League One but we need to widen the number of people who can contribute to the success of the first team.  Lee Johnson can hopefully add to an already winning formula!

I really hope I'm not eating my words by May!!

6 minutes ago, Xiled said:

After Gary Johnson got us within a couple of goals of promotion to the Premier League there wasn't a single voice calling for him to be replaced by a big name manager. 

99.9% of fans would have said that getting rid of Cotterill last summer would have been madness.

I was on both occasions. This is a business world, these tough decisions need to be made to progress. It was evidently clear both GJ and SC were out of their league and wouldn't be able to take us much further. Ok GJ took us to within touching distance of the premier but that really was a one off (like Leicester this season) and he couldn't replicate that success and we slowly started to revert to our natural position. Sometimes I think SL is too loyal when really he needs to be ruthless for the greater good of BCFC.

Just now, Just Red said:

I was on both occasions. This is a business world, these tough decisions need to be made to progress. It was evidently clear both GJ and SC were out of their league and wouldn't be able to take us much further. Ok GJ took us to within touching distance of the premier but that really was a one off (like Leicester this season) and he couldn't replicate that success and we slowly started to revert to our natural position. Sometimes I think SL is too loyal when really he needs to be ruthless for the greater good of BCFC.

Seriously?  You would have got rid of Johnson after the play-off final and Cotterill last July?

It's no good saying that your evidence is that Gary Johnson was unable to replicate his own success and "we slowly started to revert to our natural position" because that was only evident some months after we lost to Hull.  I was gutted at Wembley but I wouldn't have had the kahunas to sack Gary Johnson after that match.

If you would have sacked both managers after our two most successful seasons in the last 40 years then credit to you for being in that 0.1% group!

17 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Seriously?  You would have got rid of Johnson after the play-off final and Cotterill last July?

It's no good saying that your evidence is that Gary Johnson was unable to replicate his own success and "we slowly started to revert to our natural position" because that was only evident some months after we lost to Hull.  I was gutted at Wembley but I wouldn't have had the kahunas to sack Gary Johnson after that match.

If you would have sacked both managers after our two most successful seasons in the last 40 years then credit to you for being in that 0.1% group!

And to add force to the argument for giving GJ longer we so very nearly made the play-offs in 2008/9. Shame we conceded a late equaliser in the home match with Cardiff. The time to have got rid of him would have been after that…not that I would myself. 

What I think is missing in all of the discussion is any reflection on how bruised SL must have been after the Coppell fiasco. I imagine that played a factor in the appointments he's made since. 

21 minutes ago, Xiled said:

There were several others saying that we should have replaced SC after gaining promotion.  I wasn't.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

I've got nothing more to go on than discussion with other City fans but it is alleged that Pearson was contacted, discussions took place but he wanted his own backroom staff.  At this difficult stage of the season with JP and WE doing an excellent job, it would have been very risky to reward them with the sack. 

Thing is mate if that is true then City are effectively saying "We don't want to do it your way (even though you know more than us, which is what they should be thinking)" The so-called new regime excuse is an instrument of control.

So you are supporting my point - SL/BCFC like to stay in a comfort zone. Really parochial.

If Pearson took the job on he would have believed he could have kept us from relegation, then really begin to make the wholesale changes that I believe are necessary next season.

If you accept the view that City are in some kind of football no mans land, In an area of England without a great density of Football Clubs, that we are not taken totally seriously (which is the image we seem to have with the pundits)  then we will always have to do more than other Clubs might to achieve success.

You wouldn't challenge what Red Adair and Richard Rogers said they needed for a successful result.

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thing is mate if that is true then City are effectively saying "We don't want to do it your way (even though you know more than us, which is what they should be thinking)" The so-called new regime excuse is an instrument of control.

So you are supporting my point - SL/BCFC like to stay in a comfort zone. Really parochial.

If Pearson took the job on he would have believed he could have kept us from relegation, then really begin to make the wholesale changes that I believe are necessary next season.

If you accept the view that City are in some kind of football no mans land, In an area of England without a great density of Football Clubs, that we are not taken totally seriously (which is the image we seem to have with the pundits)  then we will always have to do more than other Clubs might to achieve success.

You wouldn't challenge what Red Adair and Richard Rogers said they needed for a successful result.

Nothing against Pearson and I think he would do a job for us.  When Cotterill left, I thought he was exactly what we needed.  I've said throughout this thread that he would have been one of few proven managers we could have realistically got to the club.

But, it wasn't my decision.  And very few (if any) of us have any idea what happened in the lead up to Lee Johnson's appointment.

There is nothing about appointing Lee Johnson that is comfort zone.  He might be a slightly cheaper option but this is not a 'safe' decision.  Both Johnson and Lansdown know that if it starts to go wrong, it could go wrong very quickly and with more venom from the fans than was thrown at Cotterill, O'Driscoll, McInnes, Johnson Snr.

If you're correct in your assumption that Stephen Lansdown wants to appoint someone he can get on with then that's his prerogative.  I've worked for 25 years and the best times have been when I've worked with people I could get on with.  I've worked with some total dicks and I can't remember that bringing a lot of success for anyone.

If City aren't taken seriously by the media and pundits, that's a reflection of where we are in the league.  Sky are the absolute masters of backing the better team.  I've lost count of the times we've been verbally trashed before a live match because we dared to turn up against the mighty Cardiff, Wolves, Forest, etc.  But funnily enough, when we were up there with the best of them in 2008 and beating teams consistently we were afforded a lot more respect.

Red Adair and Richard Rogers - you'll need to spell that out for me as I can't see the link.

I've seen a lot of managers come and go over the years.  Very few have stayed for any length of time.  Truth be told, I don't think Lee Johnson will be the answer to all our prayers but I'm prepared to give him at least three games (joke) before I chuck the towel in!!  What p*sses me off more than anything is the anger and indignation that is expressed by some of our fans when they have absolutely zero experience of running a football club but feel they have the authority to lecture a self-made billionaire about running a business!  Life isn't perfect, football isn't perfect but it looks a lot worse for a host of teams above and below us in the league.  Charlton are only 4 points below us but have a look at this if you want to see fans dealing with a club in crisis!

They`ve still got a lot of time for Waggy. Just goes to show how well liked the bloke is.

7 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Nothing against Pearson and I think he would do a job for us.  When Cotterill left, I thought he was exactly what we needed.  I've said throughout this thread that he would have been one of few proven managers we could have realistically got to the club.

But, it wasn't my decision.  And very few (if any) of us have any idea what happened in the lead up to Lee Johnson's appointment.

There is nothing about appointing Lee Johnson that is comfort zone.  He might be a slightly cheaper option but this is not a 'safe' decision.  Both Johnson and Lansdown know that if it starts to go wrong, it could go wrong very quickly and with more venom from the fans than was thrown at Cotterill, O'Driscoll, McInnes, Johnson Snr.

If you're correct in your assumption that Stephen Lansdown wants to appoint someone he can get on with then that's his prerogative.  I've worked for 25 years and the best times have been when I've worked with people I could get on with.  I've worked with some total dicks and I can't remember that bringing a lot of success for anyone.

If City aren't taken seriously by the media and pundits, that's a reflection of where we are in the league.  Sky are the absolute masters of backing the better team.  I've lost count of the times we've been verbally trashed before a live match because we dared to turn up against the mighty Cardiff, Wolves, Forest, etc.  But funnily enough, when we were up there with the best of them in 2008 and beating teams consistently we were afforded a lot more respect.

Red Adair and Richard Rogers - you'll need to spell that out for me as I can't see the link.

I've seen a lot of managers come and go over the years.  Very few have stayed for any length of time.  Truth be told, I don't think Lee Johnson will be the answer to all our prayers but I'm prepared to give him at least three games (joke) before I chuck the towel in!!  What p*sses me off more than anything is the anger and indignation that is expressed by some of our fans when they have absolutely zero experience of running a football club but feel they have the authority to lecture a self-made billionaire about running a business!  Life isn't perfect, football isn't perfect but it looks a lot worse for a host of teams above and below us in the league.  Charlton are only 4 points below us but have a look at this if you want to see fans dealing with a club in crisis!

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

They`ve still got a lot of time for Waggy. Just goes to show how well liked the bloke is.

Yeah, I was surprised at that.  Glad to see him back in our matchday line-up - another Cotterill mystery unless injury was the actual issue.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Yeah, I was surprised at that.  Glad to see him back in our matchday line-up - another Cotterill mystery unless injury was the actual issue.

More likely Waggy was a political pawn. SC's way of telling the board my squad isn't big/good enough and you let me down in the summer. 

22 hours ago, UncleAlbert said:

Neil warnock, love him or hate him. He's an experienced manager and knows the championship. More importantly I think we have the squad to stay up but Lj is an uninspired choice, lansdown claiming he's the man we need. It's easy for him to say that when he's not a season ticket holder and spends most games down in Jersey. Personally now the appointment is made we shouldn't dispute it but you can't argue the fact that Lee Johnson has no championship experience and represents a massive gamble for the club. His managerial record is average and he's very young. The only real positive I can see is that he will put his heart and soul into the job. If he does take us up the championship then expect him to move on to a bigger club. I agree with you on pearson and Southgate but I could only imagine Southgate would be interested. All in all Lee is the less experienced version of his father and I couldn't see many wanting Gary back let alone a weaker version.

You suggest that LJ is an uninspired choice……….yet you put forward Warlock, who is quite probably the most unoriginal, uninspiring Manager on the list.  I think LJ is going to surprise a few people, we need fresh blood and new ideas, personally I think we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

What p*sses me off more than anything is the anger and indignation that is expressed by some of our fans when they have absolutely zero experience of running a football club but feel they have the authority to lecture a self-made billionaire about running a business!  

If you've got a problem with a fire at an oil rig (relegation) get Adair. If you want the best architect to build something amazing (Premiership) get Rogers. Don't pretend you know as much as them about their specialism, Give them the resources, trust them to do the job without interfering or asking them if they can do their job with your existing employees. Instead of that get on with what you are good at - making pots of money in Accountancy and spend most of your time promoting BCFC nationally so that potential players, managers as well as other Football Clubs and Football pundits take us seriously.

Good luck to you mate.

3 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

If you've got a problem with a fire at an oil rig (relegation) get Adair. If you want the best architect to build something amazing (Premiership) get Rogers. Don't pretend you know as much as them about their specialism, Trust both of them to do the job without interfering or asking them if they can do their job with your existing employees. Instead of that get on with what you are good at - making pots of money in Accountancy and spend most of your time promoting BCFC nationally so that potential players, managers as well as other Football Clubs and Football pundits take us seriously.

Good luck to you mate.

I get you.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!  Cheers southville.

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

Yep, in all honesty we really should have gone up automatically, he failed to strengthen in the January window, choosing to remain loyal to those who had got us that far. He also failed to use the loan market, Hull and Stoke brought in key players whilst we didn't. For me that showed GJ's limitations. Had we signed a Frazer Campell or a Ameobi we would have gone straight up. As it was LJ got injured and our automatic hopes slipped away. As an owner I wouldn't have felt comfortable that even if we did get into that position again GJ could see us across the line.

Today we are struggling to sign any players permanently whilst Stoke have just signed someone for 18 million.

On 06/02/2016 at 22:45, bris red said:

This. People can Can dress it up all they like but LJ was the safe and cheap option.

I'm not seeing 'safe...in our still perilous position,with staying up being,to understate,very important I think its a very risky appointment indeed and quite possibly not the horse for this particular course.and with the Barnsley pay off also not that cheep.

Archived