IGNORED

6 wins to safety?

MattWSM

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That said its the wins that'll be the problem with only 6 from 30 games so far

I prefer to look at it as 2 wins in 4 since we stopped using a ridiculous formation. I actually feel really optimistic that we will manage to pull ourselves out of the immediate sticky stuff. 1 league goal conceded in 4 games. Absolutely fantastic, from where we were.

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I'm convinced 46 points will be enough. Renewed hope now 

My guess is 48 points....and our tighter defence looks like defeats won't harm our poor goal difference.  Be nice to win the odd game by more than 1 goal (Forest 2-0).

7 minutes ago, iamsober said:

At no stage has it looked like we were a team that was bad enough to go down so don't know what all the panic is/was about. Drama queens

Disagree massively with this - Cotterill's last ten games, we looked like a rudderless ship with absolutely only one outcome. In one seven game spell we had a 0-3, 0-4 and another 0-4.

In the early phases of the season I couldn't believe that we weren't getting more from games. But we were absolutely sleepwalking to relegation unless something changed. 

I think we've a great chance of staying up as long as we do what's needed. For me the difference between this season and 2013 there are five or six poor teams in this division, including us so far, so we just need to do better than three of them.  If we can't get more points than Rotherham and MK Dons between now and May we will deserve relegation but I don't believe that will be the case.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

7 wins from 16 games plus 2 or 3 draws should take us into mid-table. 

That said its the wins that'll be the problem with only 6 from 30 games so far. Lest hope the "new manager effect"  will get us maybe 2 or 3 of the wins required.

Or 2 wins and a draw in the last 4 games. Current form is far more relevant right now. 

I think it's hard to guess how many we will need. The most important thing is getting results against those around us. Can't lose to MK, need to atone ourselves against Rotherham, and beat Bolton. The win yesterday was quite important as it will be hard to come by a point against Ipswich who will be looking to get back on track after losing yesterday. 

Archived