IGNORED

Pemberton - New Contract

The Original OTIB

Amidst the hysteria in the stands and the forum(s), the pillars, piffle and the platitudes from on high, Monday morning should signal the announcement of a contract extension for Mr John Pemberton. The epitome of a safe pair of hands (cliche alert) but much more than that, a damn fine coach (not "head" coach). Should we fail in this regard, I forsee his departure and that would be very sad indeed. No contract extension = no real plan for continuity. If our board and executives preach it, then let's see it or else all is bluff, bluster and, frankly, b.s.

I too would like him to stay - certainly a rescuer, popular and committed to the club,  no nonsense strategist.

But - reading between the lines I think lj may be bringing in his own man. Ashton said at the end of last week we would be hearing early this week of scouting restructure and I think other staff changes on the playing / coaching side.

1 hour ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Just seen archive highlights on BBC OS of Palace in 1990 FA Cup: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36124640

Check out Pembo in the Semi-Final vs. Liverpool - a quality surging run from about 0:32 onwards!

Anyone notice a former City player being substituted in the 1990 final?

21 minutes ago, extonsred said:

I too would like him to stay - certainly a rescuer, popular and committed to the club,  no nonsense strategist.

But - reading between the lines I think lj may be bringing in his own man. Ashton said at the end of last week we would be hearing early this week of scouting restructure and I think other staff changes on the playing / coaching side.

I thought the reason we had Ashton was to make sure that every time a manager changed we didn't have to change the backroom staff.

On 06/02/2016 at 19:13, The Original OTIB said:

Amidst the hysteria in the stands and the forum(s), the pillars, piffle and the platitudes from on high, Monday morning should signal the announcement of a contract extension for Mr John Pemberton. The epitome of a safe pair of hands (cliche alert) but much more than that, a damn fine coach (not "head" coach). Should we fail in this regard, I forsee his departure and that would be very sad indeed. No contract extension = no real plan for continuity. If our board and executives preach it, then let's see it or else all is bluff, bluster and, frankly, b.s.

Completely agree....good aliteration too!

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 19:13, The Original OTIB said:

So if he's not offered a contract extension, it's all BS from the club?...and no extension means no plan for continuity?

Why do you forsee his departure? Only on the weekend LJ was praising his input.

If he were to leave, perhaps he is offered a job elsewhere that suits him. If he stays perhaps it's because it suits him and he's appreciated here.

Frankly, as much as I like Pembo and understand your appreciation of him, I find your reasoning of the Club and what it may or may not do, slightly strange to say the least.

Archived