IGNORED

Paul Clement Sacked

Nomad

Ridiculous. He might have spent a lot, but that shouldn't instantly put you up for the chop if you don't get immediate results.

I'm guessing he'll be back with Ancelotti at Bayern Munich. It's a shame this didn't happen a week ago, as I reckon Lansdown would've jumped at the chance to have Clement.

Just now, EnderMB said:

Ridiculous. He might have spent a lot, but that shouldn't instantly put you up for the chop if you don't get immediate results.

I'm guessing he'll be back with Ancelotti at Bayern Munich. It's a shame this didn't happen a week ago, as I reckon Lansdown would've jumped at the chance to have Clement.

Clement hasn't really shown much as a gaffer; lots of fanfare, a LOT of money spent for this level, but didn't last out the season.

Some people are managers/head coaches, some are assistants; agree with you he'll head back to what he does best at Bayen - not the worst outcome for him.

16 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Well considering he spent over 30 million in the championship and only got derby to 5th maybe he's not all that??

My understanding is he was at Barnsley. Doing a shite job, according to Barnsley fans

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Sacked partly due to results and partly due to style of play. They will probably want a Head Coach so I reckon that rules Moyes out.  

And Pearson, apparently. They might pluck a head coach from L1, you never know

Archived