IGNORED

Is This The End

BS3_RED

Just looking on the main site and Tinman said he will be looking to bring in another striker to play up front with Heffernen. I feel a little worried for Miller if it happens as with the number of strikers already at the club, he will find it hard.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~535108,00.html

Edit. Meant to say as well, that i really like Miller and hope he can stake his claim for a starting place as i feel Wilson didnt really give him a chance. Probabley as he was in love with Peacock.

So we might have;

Hefferman, ??????, Miller, Roberts and Lita.

Who would he sell? I would expect him to keep Lita and Miller as they're young and have potential but i would also expect him to keep Roberts as he scored goals at the end of the season, he's fast and powerful.

So who would be leaving as surley we cannot have 5 strikers?

Guest Bristol_Babe

I think Heffy will be a pile of pants... Won't last a season...

Peacock is out...

Lita in reserves mainly...

Leaving Gillespie, Robbo and Miller in starting places...

Miller's year is 2005! Up the reds!

Guest RedHotCityPepper
Bristol_Babe Posted on Jun 25 2004, 06:15 PM

I think Heffy will be a pile of pants... Won't last a season...

Condemn the man before he's even played a game.

Lita, Roberts, Miller, Gillespie, Heffy & Another.

Presuming the 2 new ones start and presuming 2 make the bench, that is 2 strikers who won't even get in the squad every week.

There will be injuries and suspensions, but I think at least 1 has to go. Personally, I can see it being Lita on a season loan.

Still leaves somebody waiting for a suspension or injury just to get in the side. I would love to know what Tins has in store!

Do you think Tins was one of the players who didn't get on with Roberts? If so, perhaps he will be pushed out?

If we end up with 5 or 6 strikers on the books fair play.

If there all given a chance at some stage and a partnership of some combination starts banging in the goals, i for one dont care who gets loaned or sold.

The most important thing is PROMOTION and not worrying about players feelings.

We've all had our favourites over the past couple of seasons but the end result is we've lacked quality strikers.

A target of 15-20 goals a season for a main striker at this club and this division is not exceptable in my opinion.

How many on the present books do you think could top the the 20 goal mark?

Sadly not many. :D

It would be such a shame to not give Roberts a fair crack of the whip. He was pushed aside at the beginning of last season (remember the hype about the lee amigos) and put out of position. When he was finally put in the right place (Brighton and at the end of the season) he proved to be fantastic.

Why not give him a fair crack and a regular place?

If we've also got Roberts, Gillespie, Heff, Miller and Lita why do we need another?

Odd.

Miller's time will come especially when he puts a bit of weight on.

I think we do need an experienced striker along with the young ones. Shame Stewart seems to be out of the equation but someone of his experience would be ideal. These young 'uns need someone to learn off. Even getting Wayne Allison back for a season might not be worst idea ever. (I stop short of getting Torpey back though!)

Also Lita, Roberts, Heff (if he comes) and Gillespie are quick but small. Whilst I don't necessarily favour a big lump of a striker and the "hoof it up to the big man style of football" that kind of player can generate, there will be games/teams this year where we need a big man to take a battering off the centre-halves or if only to help defend late on in games (England at set pieces).

Is it just me, or if Miller does go (hope not - I think there's great potential there) I'll miss Grannyjoy just as much as the player himself?

How many forums have the mother of a player contributing?

If his mum does come onto the forum tell her to send down some supplies of porridge, haggis and deep fried mar bars to Lee.

If his mum does come onto the forum tell her to send down some supplies of porridge, haggis and deep fried mar bars to Lee.
She sure does - check out pretty much any post related to Miller (but ironically not this one) and look for her tag - GrannyJoy. Allegedly his brother comes on here as well.

Also one of his mates - whitey.

Pretty much a forum sensation this Miller bloke - none of the other players get involved in the forum AFAIK apart from the odd Tinman comment and Miller's got an entire mob!

Guest bristolbred

I'd like to see Miller play more from the midfield, rather than have him as an out and out striker!!!, ^_^

Less pressure on him, less critisism from the fans, then the goals will come!!, :sport19:

Everyones happy!!!, :laugh:

or maybe not!!??. :D

:laugh:

Edit. Meant to say as well, that i really like Miller and hope he can stake his claim for a starting place as i feel Wilson didnt really give him a chance. Probabley as he was in love with Peacock.

But he DID get a chance. It was just that he didnt take it. He played a large proportion of the season and he definatley had a chance. Lita WASNT given a chance where as Miller was, dont be so niave.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I can't see Miller going anywhere, he's the only target man at the club!

I can see Roberts going, much as I hate the thought. He just seems the one that doesn't fit in - God knows where I get that feeling from.

I'm glad Peacock is gone before him, I suppose he won most of the battles but Roberts has won the war.

But he DID get a chance. It was just that he didnt take it. He played a large proportion of the season and he definatley had a chance. Lita WASNT given a chance where as Miller was, dont be so niave.
I'm not being niave .

If you call being given a chance, having to play with Peacock and always being the one to be substituted even when Peacock was the worse player and never being given the chance to play with the other strikers, then i woulnt want you as my manager.

I dont consider that being given a chance.

Guest Bristol_Babe

Miller is a quality player... I've said it time and time again... Danny was in love with Leapy so Miller had no chance until Leapy was dropped at the final. Lee M's time will come and I'm sure he'll try his best under a new manager.

Peacock isn't up to playing for City anymore. I saw his final games and I reckon his heart isn't in the club anymore. Best of luck Leapy playing up norf...

Archived