IGNORED

Is This The End

BS3_RED

Remember playing Brighton at the Withdean last November? Miller and Roberts both started as Peacock was injured. Best partnership we had up front all season, played off each other really well.

Only for peacock to come back and one of them be dropped!!!

Note - Oh yeah we won 4-1 that game, without Peacock, and Miller scored and was unfit as he was coming back from a foot injury himself!!!

Remember playing Brighton at the Withdean last November? Miller and Roberts both started as Peacock was injured. Best partnership we had up front all season, played off each other really well.

Only for peacock to come back and one of them be dropped!!!

Note - Oh yeah we won 4-1 that game, without Peacock, and Miller scored and was unfit as he was coming back from a foot injury himself!!!

I remember Brighton well; great performance. I am a big fan of a Roberts and a Miller partnership.

BUT, I am fed up with the constant slating of Peacock too.

Remember the Millennium when Peacock wasn't fit. Didn't Miller and Roberts do well when it really mattered?

This best partnership didn't even muster a shot at goal. Would this been the case if Peacock was up-front; very doubtful I would have thought.

Fair point Neo, but the whole side played badly at the Millenium and its difficult for Miller or Roberts to do anything when theres no real service.

Unlike some however, I wouldn't however keep using the Brighton away game as the 100% proof that Miller/Roberts is the ideal front line because it came off that well once - its like saying if we'd played Roberts/Beadle up front all the season before last because of how they did at Port Vale away we'd have gone up

One strikers going to have to go though... If we get one more then we're left with

Heffernan (just in)

New Signing (ditto)

Miller

Lita

Gillespie

Roberts

...and 5 into 2 don't go. At the risk of sounding unpopular I'd guess it may be Roberts. I can't see us playing two fairly small front men (though I remember Neville and Riley!), and with Heffernan started, Tinnion already saying Leroy'll get his chance, Miller being the biggest (and best technically) of the lot and Gillespie just in that just leaves one odd man out...

I hope not , i would have thought miller would be perfect for heffernan or our other nippy strikers , he's a very good target man and plays well with a small quick striker. Tinns should give him a fair crack though , lets hope tinns isnt as stuborn a manager as wilson.

If they didn't want Roberts, the club wouldn't have activated the extra year in his contract.

they had the option to dump him in close season,but chose not to.

I must admit i find Tinmans comments bewildering!

:D

Wrong!!! Wilson decided who to offer new contracts to not Tinnion so effectively nobody knows whether Tinman wants Roberts at the club

Guest Champagne Football
If they didn't want Roberts, the club wouldn't have activated the extra year in his contract.

they had the option to dump him in close season,but chose not to.

I must admit i find Tinmans comments bewildering!

:D

Maybe Tinnion sees Roberts as his left winger if Brown departs? I will admit that he played very well out on the left, maybe not so much out on the right. That would then leave 5 strikers, 2 being young, primarily, bench warmers who can provide some good competition.

I see where Tins is coming from, for me it depends on the Brown situation and whether Tins actually rates Roberts and Miller at all? I have my suspicions that he doesn't rate either of them enough to maintain a regular first team place.

not everyones favourite paper i know,

but a couple of quotes from tinnion in yesterdays evening post when talking about a possible new target man

"we have Lee Miller already here and i'm expecting him to go from strength to strength after a tough first season with us"

"whether we can try for more than just the one additional player will depend on whether the likes of Aaron Brown or Joe Burnell leave the club and loosen the purse strings"

She sure does - check out pretty much any post related to Miller (but ironically not this one) and look for her tag - GrannyJoy. Allegedly his brother comes on here as well.

Also one of his mates - whitey.

Pretty much a forum sensation this Miller bloke - none of the other players get involved in the forum AFAIK apart from the odd Tinman comment and Miller's got an entire mob!

Sorry guys, I was taking a bit of a break, and to be honest although I read every post, I tend not to chip in unless it is something I know the facts on. I have learned over the years never to speculate, especially about Football.

I would like to think I contribute to other topics apart from Lee, although as I have stated before the only reason I came on the Forum was to keep track of his career so far from home.

Lee is up here at the moment, and although with so many people to see I have not had much opportinity to feed him, he is eating as healthily and heartily as he always does. Many of the fans concerned about his physique, would be surprised at the amount of food he consumes. and the hours he puts in at the gym. Whats the expression:- " You can't fatten a thoroughbred". :D

I have no inside info regarding this forthcoming seasons team, all I will say is that Brian Tinnion has been tottally up front with the players in telling them that its up to them how they perform pre-season, whether or not they will be starting. What I will say though is that, from what I can make out, Brians team will be more all out attack, and less of the play that frustrated us all last season.

Lee does not read the Forum, and I am very selective as to which threads I tell him about ( for obvious reasons), but I am delighted that his friends and his brother take the time to show an interest in his career by contributing , if only to correct untruths. I'm also sure there are other players who have representatives on the forum who would rather remain un detected.

I for one, can't wait for the season to get underway, and look forward to the exciting entertaining football that I know Bristol City are capable of.

Sorry guys, I was taking a bit of a break, and to be honest although I read every post, I tend not to chip in unless it is something I know the facts on. I have learned over the years never to speculate, especially about Football.

I would like to think I contribute to other topics apart from Lee, although as I have stated before the only reason I came on the Forum was to keep track of his career so far from home.

Lee is up here at the moment, and although with so many people to see I have not had much opportinity to feed him, he is eating as healthily and heartily as he always does. Many of the fans concerned about his physique, would be surprised at the amount of food he consumes. and the hours he puts in at the gym. Whats the expression:- " You can't fatten a thoroughbred". :D

I have no inside info regarding this forthcoming seasons team, all I will say is that Brian Tinnion has been tottally up front with the players in telling them that its up to them how they perform pre-season, whether or not they will be starting. What I will say though is that, from what I can make out, Brians team will be more all out attack, and less of the play that frustrated us all last season.

Lee does not read the Forum, and I am very selective as to which threads I tell him about ( for obvious reasons), but I am delighted that his friends and his brother take the time to show an interest in his career by contributing , if only to correct untruths. I'm also sure there are other players who have representatives on the forum who would rather remain un detected.

I for one, can't wait for the season to get underway, and look forward to the exciting entertaining football that I know Bristol City are capable of.

Make sure you dont feed him too much , we dont want him getting fat do we!! :P

How is lee feeling about tinns being the new manager?? I hope his confidence wasnt knocked by wilson last season and him not being played because peacock (god knows why?!) was the main striker. Would you tell him that we all wish him good luck and we have faith in him to become a bristol city legend and a great striker.(well i do anyway) :laugh:

Blimey, it is true then. Fair play to you, GrannyJoy and Lee's mates.

Fat or thin I'm sure we all hope Lee has a cracking season.

P.S. Tell your "thoroughbred" he needs to lay off the nose bag when he hits 30 though or he'll end up a "carthorse". That's what happened to me anyway. :D

Miller will NOT be going this season, that i'm pretty much sure of.

I reckon he will be slotting in the 5-man midfield, playing as the link up man between midfield and striker. I think Whitey03 came on the other day an said that he used to play this way for many years, before Falkirk(?) turned him into a striker.

I honestly think this is where he'll find his best years, much like Leapy (although someone's actually gotta tell the latter this and stop him from becoming the next George Best).

Roll on the next season, i'm really, REALLY excited about it! :D

Archived