IGNORED

Apologies for yet another Lee Johnson thread But

NickJ

23 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

He also took them off the bottom of Div 4, after a 17 point deduction, and no money to spend, and got promotion the following year, despite a transfer embargo.......but lets not let that get in the way of the EH / AFCB hate on here

Amazing job by EH, just not sure LJ can get us promoted to the PL without some "competitive" funds. No EH hate here, mate. I want them to stay up

41 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Amazing job by EH, just not sure LJ can get us promoted to the PL without some "competitive" funds. No EH hate here, mate. I want them to stay up

There is a lot of EH hate on here, presumed you were one of them, sorry!

At some point SL has to give 'competitive' funds, otherwise, what is the point? Without it we will forever be a yo-yo club. I don't want to start another debate about the in's and out's of the summer, the comment isn't a dig at SL, more of an observation

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

There is a lot of EH hate on here, presumed you were one of them, sorry!

At some point SL has to give 'competitive' funds, otherwise, what is the point? Without it we will forever be a yo-yo club. I don't want to start another debate about the in's and out's of the summer, the comment isn't a dig at SL, more of an observation

He does but my view is we need to walk before we can run. What AFC Bournemouth have done well is bought quality at the right level.  All their big money buys have been players making a step up to the club.  My concern is we spent too much time chasing players who would have seen it as a step down and thus either would have chose not to come, demanded more money or lacked the same motivation.  What I think we need to do in the Summer is spend but to spend on buys from abroad, the top end of League One and lower end of the Championship or even dropping down from the PL with potential who'll see a move here as a step forward for their career.

Archived