IGNORED

Meiers E-mail Address

Keepers Ball

Guest dez_gimred
children should be educated pre-school by their parents

well studies have suggested children who remain at home pre school are less sociable and less intelligent than those who attend 'play schools'

:D

The players lost the game - not the referee.
You are spot on mate, I am sick and tired of all these txxxs blaming refs. Get it in your thick heads....... WE ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH . 66 was down to a russian linesman, but that decision went in our favour so i guess that was ok then. :laugh:

Honestly :D , we spent 85 mins HOOFING the ball up to 2 midgets ( Owen and Vassel ) and peple have the gall to blame the ref. ^_^:D:laugh::laugh:

Actually, that was a correct decision.

According to the laws of the game:

Laws of the Game - The Players Equipment

Basic equipment

The basic compulsory equipment of a player is:

a jersey or shirt

shorts - if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main colour as the shorts

stockings

shinguards

footwear

Rooney continued to play whilst not wearing one of his boots (part of the compulsory equipment for any player). Once he did that, the referee had no choice but to stop the game and give an indirect freekick to Portugal.

Having said that, a penalty to England for standing on Rooney's foot in the penalty area would have been nice (as long as Beckham didn't take it).

Edson, the only time you can give a free kick is after an infringement towards another player - such as a foul.

For an equipment issue - such as missing shinpads, boots or having on dangerous jewellery - the game is stopped, the player told to leave and rectify it and the game restarted with a drop ball.

Normally most refs let the ball go out of play first so as to not interupt play.

My only suggestion is that Urs blew for a push of some sort. After all, he reckons that the goal wasn't given because the way Sol played wasn't 'the European way' :D

Anyway, that was always my interpretation of the start and restart of play laws, and the way it was always taught to me during training. If someone can enlighten me differently, then I will by all means stand corrected (not before I defend my corner first, of course :laugh: )

My only suggestion is that Urs blew for a push of some sort. After all, he reckons that the goal wasn't given because the way Sol played wasn't 'the European way' :D
Would the 'European way' involve:

1. Clutching one's face when an opposition player attempts any sort of challenge, followed by at least 5 complete rolls on the floor.

2. Miming the brandishing of a card whenever a 'foul' is committed.

3. Leaving a trailing leg, so that it brushes the leg of the defender, at which point one should move to point 1.

4. Writhing about as though one has been shot when tackled, breaking off from the histrionics only to enact point 2.

Thought so.

On the issue of the free kick against Rooney, I thought I saw the ref pointing to the boot as an indication of why the kick had been given.

You may well be right, that it should have been a drop ball, but perhaps the ref didn't want to give one in that part of the field, as it may have led to a goal against the host nation. Which I believe is not allowed, if any ludicrous way of ruling it out can be found.

You people make me feel disgusted. If it had been Portuguese players scoring at the other end, and James had been blocked by their player, you would all be on here saying how the #### did the ref give the goal when it was a clear foul etc etc. Or what if it was gas players going up against Phillips?

You people make me feel disgusted. If it had been Portuguese players scoring at the other end, and James had been blocked by their player, you would all be on here saying how the #### did the ref give the goal when it was a clear foul etc etc. Or what if it was gas players going up against Phillips?
Dont think we would somehow...

Guest bristolbred
The good thing about being English is having the freedom to express ones views and opinions!!!, :o

And it was a goal!!!, :P

As for the Gas going up against Phillips??, i don't think so!!, :city:

:o

Sending abusive messages is really going to work isnt it... :city:

it would have been better if England had deservedly been beaten by a higher scoreline, then they may have looked at their own shortcomings rather then a decision that may or may not have been correct.

its all double standards anyway.. fair enough i know what its like to feel hard done by but what are you hoping to achieve??

if the ref had carried on when Ronney's boot had come off and he had then received a stamp on his already broken foot you would probably be on here now sending him offensive messages because he didnt stop the game!

if fortune favours the brave then Portugal got it, England were negative and cynical when they had no need to be. They had a team that could have run riot over the Portugese given the chance, yet Eriksson has been saved by the tinted-specs brigade blaming it all on a 'corrupt' ref, what a joke.

and i thought Celtic fans were paranoid...

oh and on a side note wasnt Terry offside when Campbells original header hit the bar (before he then interfered with the keeper) ? Therefore it could be said it might have been justice that although that was missed the goal was disallowed...

Had the goal been allowed England would have escaped with a fortunate victory, but once you all get over your conspiracy theories maybe you could look at the critical errors by the England team.

The end, though probably not of the anti-urs brigade. :o

Guest bcfcsols
Is it fair to assume you and bcfcsols go to play school together?

Well thats a conversation stopper if I ever heard one. I dont know how me and Red_Rat going to playschool together has anything to do with Urs Meieir disallowing Campbells goal.???? :D:)

You also talk about missing the intelligents on the forum. Well this is another place where you go wrong. Just by throwing in a cliche such as "Dont blame the referee its the players' fault" doesnt make you an intelligent. Maybe the fact that if the perfectly good goal had stood then we'd be in the semi final doesnt fit into your 'intelligence'.

PS. I dont know Red_Rat and hows four A grade A-levels for you?

Archived