IGNORED

Liverpool ticket protests have worked

lenred

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

......but have increased the price of pies to £24 and the price of a pint to £43

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Despite taking in tons more cash from the TV deal they've justified keeping prices the same...

All the big clubs run along business lines - in other words it's about making as much profit as possible. 

Cutting tickets prices simply wouldn't occur to them despite a massive increase in TV money.

Greedy b@@@ards, they are killing the game. They are trying to make as much money as possible not giving a f@@k about anyone but themselves. Always coming up with different ways they can flease the average fan out of his money.

Look at Arsenal the ticket prices are a joke why would anyone pay £100+ a game it's plain fu@@ing crazy. I hope it all goes tits up soon and we can go back to watching football of years gone by not all this namby pamby sh@@ we get served up in the top flight.

Fair play to the Liverpool fans though at least the Liverpool board listened to them. Even with all the money floating around football in this country is nothing without the fans.

You have to wonder if this was their plan all along. Stage a hike in ticket pricing, let the fans moan about it. Reach a settlement saying ticket prices are to remain the same. Fans are happy, they feel they have got one over the board. But, at the same time the board have no reason to drop their ticket prices also, seems a win win situation from the clubs perspective.

A remarkable statistic of the new TV deal is that Premier League clubs could afford to let in every single supporter free, to every single game, and still have as much money as they do under the current deal. So there really is no excuse for it.

Fair play to the Liverpool fans, and a small amount of credit to their board for listening at least.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

All due respect to the fans that walked out, 10,000 that's a serious amount and made the club take notice. It is just a start , but it is also a statement of intent. :clap:

The people of Liverpool have proved that they will stick together against injustice,you only have to see how  the whole city has boycotted that horrible ( so called ) newspaper for nearly 30 years now.

Liverpool FC would have known that the fans wouldn't have backed down on these ticket price protests, so the club have made a wise decision to not fight with the fans.

Personally I think that all fan groups should get together, pick a weekend during the season and boycott every game over that weekend. The TVs companies would shxt themselves, something has to change re ticket prices in this country, and it's time for fans to stand up and be counted.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

All the big clubs run along business lines - in other words it's about making as much profit as possible. 

Cutting tickets prices simply wouldn't occur to them despite a massive increase in TV money.

It occurs to the Germans. They run things along business lines too

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Personally I think that all fan groups should get together, pick a weekend during the season and boycott every game over that weekend. The TVs companies would shxt themselves, something has to change re ticket prices in this country, and it's time for fans to stand up and be counted.

The FSF is trying to organise this.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and the local scallies will now demand £50 to 'look after yer car mate?'

Sounds like you ran into the same little scrotes as I did there in Jan 1994.

I would quite like to see a return of the Schoolboys' Enclosure. I found 50p for top flight games against the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal to be quite resonable at the time!

• Admin
33 minutes ago, shelts said:

Fair play the fans the board at Lfc listened. Prices at Ashton gate have crept up on the sly since we got promoted. £37 for pay on the day for the Dolman......robbing bastards!!!

Clearly something our club needs to take note of..... 

IMG_20160210_230004.jpg

IMG_20160210_225953.jpg

• SC&T Board Members

What I find most welcome about this backdown by the LFC owners is the grace with which it has been made. The wording of this letter should be held up to all other clubs, ours included, as the way to admit that you got it wrong whenever you have misjudged the mood of your supporters.

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

Whole reason we tarted up Ashton Gate was to charge more to create more revenue, so getting rid of the cheap working class fan so the club gets the prawn sandwich brigade!

Utter nonsense. With 27,000 seats there is room for both types of fan. The club is looking to expand its fan base, not replace it.

Trying to attract a more affluent fan. This season we have charged £37 for pay on the day for the Dolman, Bournmouths dearest seat is £32. We need to make watching City cheaper not dearer and stop making excuses. It's the people's game. Hopefully when we are up to capacity we will see a difference. 

6 hours ago, shelts said:

Trying to attract a more affluent fan. This season we have charged £37 for pay on the day for the Dolman, Bournmouths dearest seat is £32. We need to make watching City cheaper not dearer and stop making excuses. It's the people's game. Hopefully when we are up to capacity we will see a difference. 

I don't disagree that the top Dolman price is too expensive, but you also have to recognise that Atyeo tickets are available for as little as £20 and South Stand £24, with a membership that pays back in four games. £25/£29 without a membership.

Not to mention the fact that our bottom-end season ticket prices are generally agreed to be good value.

You can't use the highest price ticket in the entire ground as the sole barometer of what sort of fan the club is trying to attract. Like I said, there is room for both types of supporter.

That is not to say that football isn't overpriced altogether - it is. But I fully expect to see more competitive prices next season, once demand has stopped outstripping supply.

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't disagree that the top Dolman price is too expensive, but you also have to recognise that Atyeo tickets are available for as little as £20 and South Stand £24, with a membership that pays back in four games. £25/£29 without a membership.

Not to mention the fact that our bottom-end season ticket prices are generally agreed to be good value.

You can't use the highest price ticket in the entire ground as the sole barometer of what sort of fan the club is trying to attract. Like I said, there is room for both types of supporter.

That is not to say that football isn't overpriced altogether - it is. But I fully expect to see more competitive prices next season, once demand has stopped outstripping supply.

That's a fair point. £22 is the cheapest ticket at Leicester. Our cheapest Saturday £20 in the Ayteo. Needs to be a balance . 

9 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The people of Liverpool have proved that they will stick together against injustice,you only have to see how  the whole city has boycotted that horrible ( so called ) newspaper for nearly 30 years now.

Liverpool FC would have known that the fans wouldn't have backed down on these ticket price protests, so the club have made a wise decision to not fight with the fans.

While we're at it. Have every household cancel their SKY and BT subscriptions. That would be better.

Archived