IGNORED

New fans

sglosbcfc

Just a suggestion, why not make all League Cup and FA Cup fixtures (hopefully we won't be in the JPT) aside from glamorous Premier league opposition or a local derby, £5 quid for adults and £1 for kids and really push the matches in schools, clubs, pubs etc. We will have 20,000 plus seats available next season and it would be a great introduction to new fans to see a live game for a bargain price. It is then over to the team to ensure a healthy crowd don't see City exiting the League Cup in the first round with an embarrassing defeat to Exeter etc.

@sglosbcfc Not a bad idea but if we are playing lower league opposition I can't see the take up being that high. I'm also pretty sure that last season against Oxford in the League Cup (or whatever they call it these days) the tickets were cheaper and the gate was still pretty small. Maybe if they included a priority voucher to those attending should we get a big club in the next round it would be more popular?

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

depends if the club promote it , facebook, groupon, evening post offer ala the gas,  as mark ashton would say , we need increase our revenue streams !!   knowing city they want a couple of thousand paying full  price, than doubling the crowd paying less

Get the club to go into local schools, adult a fiver , child free. You may get an adult taking two kids or more. From personal experience, they want sweets , drinks etc you make the money back and may encourage them to come back 

if only we had someone at the club whos job it was to look at getting new supporters,  its all been debated on here before, we have a massive student population, we dont seem interested in, it seems like we are bristol  city ..you know where we are !  there was a stand at a freshers fayre but it was only half arsed , or a one off game was cheap, thats not going to get them to come every week though 

50 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Just a suggestion, why not make all League Cup and FA Cup fixtures (hopefully we won't be in the JPT) aside from glamorous Premier league opposition or a local derby, £5 quid for adults and £1 for kids and really push the matches in schools, clubs, pubs etc. We will have 20,000 plus seats available next season and it would be a great introduction to new fans to see a live game for a bargain price. It is then over to the team to ensure a healthy crowd don't see City exiting the League Cup in the first round with an embarrassing defeat to Exeter etc.

If the numbers add up for the opposition, they might. But unless the opponents agree, it's a non starter.

3 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Nice idea, but doesn't this have to be in agreement with whoever we are playing! 

I wouldn't imagine a small club say if we were to get a non league club in the FA cup being happy having a good wedge of any shared gate receipts given away so we get a better crowd.

Plus, IIRC, there are minimum ticket prices by round, and pretty sure the cheapest is not a fiver.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would say inviting potential new supporters to a first round league cup match against lower league opposition would be a very effective way of ensuring we never see them again.

Based on recent years, we certainly wouldn't need to worry about lower gate prices for subsequent rounds.

Up here when I was a student Manchester city offered a limited number of tickets for £5 each to every home league game which were on sale at the student union. I'm not sure if they still do it (the last time I got one Carlos tevez came of the bench for West ham...) but I know of at least two mates who are now season ticket holders there because of this.

It's definitely worth considering because (lets be realistic) we will struggle to fill the stadium unless we are being successful. 

Hard to say IMO regards the student market.

On paper its an excellent idea and given plenty stay on in Bristol post graduation that could add a whole new element to fanbase, they may bring friends, partners, kids along etc.

However on the other hand, if they are incoming, chances are they may well have a side.

Further to this, Bristol traditionally has quite a wealthy posh student base. Are they so likely to come to AG? Unless we reach PL I do wonder.

As an aside down the years I have known four or five who went to University of Bristol. Three were foreign and didn't support English sides, one seemed to have no view on football and one was from Hong Kong and supports Arsenal.

Its only five but not one had interest in either side in Bristol.

On balance it's worth a go, but I wouldn't hold out great hopes IMO.

The problem with  philosphy students attending football matches when a goal is scored you get the following comments

"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

(Monty Python )

Archived