IGNORED

Which time suits you best for Evening games?

Ian M

Evening Kick Offs  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Course, if they City/First/ABus were able to provide a better transport infrastructure, there would be fewer cars and for some folk, a chance to get home from work, drop the car off and then get back without the need for their own chariot.

As it stands, it's either a straight from work exercise or a try and finish early to get the car back and then down to the Gate.

On 13 February 2016 at 09:16, redsquirrel said:

i cant make my mind up.quick coffee after work and do a runner into town. having said that,im flippin famished by the time i get home but plenty of time to grab a chinky.wednesdays would be better tho,as one of the chinkys shuts tuesdays here.

can we throw in change the day instead?

definately wouldnt want 7.30 tho

Grab a what?! Haven't heard that for years ;)

I'm easy. Any evening game is a pig to get to and from. But hey ho, that's evening football for you.

If you could fit it around my shift pattern , that would be great.

I wouldn't want it later when I'm on an early as I'm up at 5am. On the other hand, on late's I have to have 1/2 a day or miss a game depending on what holidays I have left. Either way it's a pain. Have to be there by 6 to park, then can't drink !!

On 12/02/2016 at 23:04, allyolly said:

Last train back to London at 2235 is just about doable with a 1945 KO. Would prevent a lot of fans who get that service attending if it was any later. Please don't change it!

Was going to say this.

When I'm not up the smoke, the later the game the more chance of fog/ice over the Mendips o  the way back. And the less chance of getting a pint in at the local! :cool:

Having given this a bit more thought, I suggest the following.

Keep kickoff at 7.45, but we approach every game with a golden goal rule.

First to score wins, and if there are no goals after 20 minutes the game is declared a draw and we can all go home for dinner or back to the pub for more booze.

Loads of people wouldn't bother, which would help the traffic congestion.

Confusion in the Dolman as no one would know how early to leave.

The club could make a fortune #DMS as with all this extra free time people will stay for a sheep burger and pint.

Those who have to get a train back will have ample time to get to the station.

And! We would never lose to a 90th minute goal.

Archived