IGNORED

Which time suits you best for Evening games?

Ian M

Evening Kick Offs  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

I see Drew Peacock has asked the question of Mark Kelly if the club has considered pushing kick offs back to 8pm on weekdays given how bad traffic is in Bristol. As a quick guide to how the OTIB public feel about this, please answer the poll above :)

26 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Last train back to London at 2235 is just about doable with a 1945 KO. Would prevent a lot of fans who get that service attending if it was any later. Please don't change it!

Co sign and I manage a drink while the traffic clears and then a Club Cars taxi that I send through ASDA carpark - best shortcut there is after games!

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

Co sign and I manage a drink while the traffic clears and then a Club Cars taxi that I send through ASDA carpark - best shortcut there is after games!

Sounds more civilised than legging it down coronation rd to squeeze a pint in the engineer in 5 mins before heading to platform 15!

9 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Last train is already too close for me. 7:30 would be ideal!!! 

I work in City centre and live in Yate.  Last train back is 22:10, so I'm with you here.  Unless there was a shuttle service directly back to BTM rather than a bus that hits the centre first then all well and good, but I end up having to leave evening games early if I don't have a lift home as it is, so 8 kick offs would probably see me knock evening games on the head.

i cant make my mind up.quick coffee after work and do a runner into town. having said that,im flippin famished by the time i get home but plenty of time to grab a chinky.wednesdays would be better tho,as one of the chinkys shuts tuesdays here.

can we throw in change the day instead?

definately wouldnt want 7.30 tho

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Is the clubs or the FA that determine the KO time?

Club/police.

There is a fixture questionnaire which is completed by the club in conjunction with the police and this offers the choice of preferred day and kick-off time.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/media/5568816/redacted-document.pdf

17 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Last train is already too close for me. 7:30 would be ideal!!! 

That time would also be more beneficial to younger supporters. Their parents wouldn't complain they're getting home too late on a school night etc. I'd also go back to just a ten minute interval and then you'ld be out of the ground by 9.15. Better for children and better for those exiles who've a long drive or train ride back home.

Damn! I forgot, 8.00pm KO with the second half starting at 9.00pm is much more convenient for TV programme schedule planners and satisfying their demands is what the game is all about these days.

slightly prefer 8 pm,  given bristols parking problems, would give people more time to park up and get to the game after finishing work, more drinking time !  also city would be able to make a small bit of money, after all we have a new ground with many food/drink outlets,

however i do feel, for people who have to catch a train, however i feel that is a very tiny minority, after all parson st is hardly bristol temple meads !!

Archived