IGNORED

Dolman strip search

Mrdc

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

My recent experiences: away at West Brom, full body pat down, stomach, legs,etc coat pockets, hood, felt bag searched going into thir club shop, same again going into their Fan Zone and again before going into the turnstiles.

visit to London, Sunday morning, at the O2 Dome, just sightseeing. Had to put bags fully through an airport style scanner on entry.

our game against Birmingham I entered through Winterstoke Gates which I don't usually do. I had to unzip my coat and have my bag searched. I asked what they were hoping to find and was told 'bottles of wine!' 'Really?' I said 'you actually get people bringing in bottles of wine, full sized bottles?' 'Oh yes' they said 'you'd be surprised'

Go to the rugby again last night, not even a bag search. 

Today going in via my usual Raynes Rd enterance usual bag search, no request to unzip coat ( no I didn't have a bottle of Chateau whatever down my sleeve).

just a lack of consistency.

What, you watch both rugby and football?  

I hope @Fordy62 can see that you are a violent thug whilst watching the footie and a pussy cat whilst watching the rugby.  Otherwise, it sounds like he's being prejudiced....

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

I hope @Fordy62 can see that you are a violent thug whilst watching the footie and a pussy cat whilst watching the rugby.  Otherwise, it sounds like he's being prejudiced....

I think Fordy was talking about the few and not one of the very many civilised fans. 

15 minutes ago, Chivs said:

if you can explain to me why I'm being prejudiced then I'll gladly accept it. 

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We should never object to being searched in the world in which we live

I am all for it if just one person is kept safe.  

Football matches are an obvious soft target and we maybe at wrong end of Championship but Bristol is a large and well known city which would command as much headlines worldwide as Manchester, Liverpool, or Birmingham

Im not sure what world you live in? I live in a world where more people are killed by vending machines than terrorist attacks every year, anywhere in this country that has a terrorist attack gets worldwide headlines because it shocks people and the size of the population doesnt dictate the coverage, there are thousands of higher profile targets for terrorists that are considerably softer than a second tier football game.

I wonder where you would draw the line? If we all watched everything on TV and never left our houses then that would undoughtly save lives so should we ban all live attendance at anything?

IMO we should always object to being interrupted as we go about doing what we want and everyones freedom is worth my life. Dont let them win by changing our way of life.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

How would you consider the proportions of football fans versus rugby fans who are intent on causing trouble at the first opportunity? I'll wager for every bag rugby fan you'll find 100 bad football fans. There's your answer. 

Cheers @Fordy62 and your point is? If your argument is there's 100 times as many "bad" football fans as rugby, then what if there's zero "bad" rugby fans? Unlucky. How much football "badness" takes place inside the stadium? These checks - if required - should be applied as much to a football supporter as anyone else attending an event at AG. If you're suggesting that discretion is applied according to the "type" of event commensurate to the risk and relative to the effort expended in undertaking such a heavy handed and prejudiced approach then what profiling is undertaken? 

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

if you can explain to me why I'm being prejudiced then I'll gladly accept it. 

Stop being so faux naive.  Your original post on this thread was explicitly prejudiced against a group of people, some of whom are the same people you were praising. 

Football fans nasty; Rugby fans nice.  I'm a football fan and a rugby fan.  How am I supposed to act?

PS The police at one type of sport are nasty; the police at another type of sport are nice.  There's no connection though....

16 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Stop being so faux naive.  Your original post on this thread was explicitly prejudiced against a group of people, some of whom are the same people you were praising. 

Football fans nasty; Rugby fans nice.  I'm a football fan and a rugby fan.  How am I supposed to act?

PS The police at one type of sport are nasty; the police at another type of sport are nice.  There's no connection though....

Not really. I think you're being over sensitive here mate.

I merely suggested that a higher proportion of football fans were troublemakers than their rugby counterparts. That's why you're more likely to be searched at football fixtures than at rugby ones. 

I didn't say all football fans were bad. And I didn't say all rugby fans were nice. you don't tend to see violence and smoke bombs and the like at rugby games, just like you don't tend to see opposition supporters merrily mixing at football games. 

There was no prejudice there. Just fact borne out of history. 

The daft thing about this approach?

It causes people to bunch up and creates a target.

What would they do if someone had a funny vest on? Sorry mate, you're not allowed in here with that on :blink:

It's what they call security theatre.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I merely suggested that a higher proportion of football fans were troublemakers than their rugby counterparts. That's why you're more likely to be searched at football fixtures than at rugby ones. 

I didn't say all football fans were bad. And I didn't say all rugby fans were nice. you don't tend to see violence and smoke bombs and the like at rugby games, just like you don't tend to see opposition supporters merrily mixing at football games. 

I presume that these searches are all about stopping people taking things they can throw, into the ground? I've been going to football for 40+ years. In the last 20 of them I could count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a missile thrown, it's far from a common occurrence.

These searches are a token gesture and pee more people off than do any good, if anyone really wants to get something into the ground they can, it's that easy. 

7 hours ago, Goatersfloater said:

Was I the only one to get a full, ungloved, breach and clear, rectal cavity search? 

Subject to market research and public demand - This service may be introduced and available in the Dolman Market Street in the near future, it'll make an occasional change from the usual half-time pie and pint. 

Speaking of the security conscious nature of our stewards, I only got to AG at halftime (in a taxi) after some poor lady decided to destroy herself by jumping in front of my train at Slough, resulting in a two hour wait while they cleaned up all the pieces. If that wasn't an ordeal, you'd think trying to enter a game at half time was unheard of, they close the shutters on the Dolman and you have to negotiate with someone at a side door, who then has to get a supervisor to eyeball your season ticket and ask you questions about your motives for coming to a game at half time, before you'll be allowed in.

Why with a season card we couldn't have some technology on hand to continue to allow access to the game I don't know, but to be fair they never asked me to open my jacket so if you are going to mount a terrorist attack, get down the Gate at half time with your rocket launcher and as long as you can be bothered to wait patiently at a side entrance and make it through the inquisition from the chief steward, you'll be all set.

My friend let's say wasn't the happiest to open up three lots of clothing

When he asked what if I don't the stewards mobbed up and said you won't be coming in!

Some rather choice words were exchanged resulting in the head Stewart asking my mate to apologise

That was never going to happen  

At the same time two oldish I guess pensioners walked through not asked to open their coats

The same for a rather well wrapped up man in a wheelchair and the friend pushing him?

Surely one for all,all for one?

Sometimes the place just aint enjoyable anymore 

9 minutes ago, The New Gate said:

My friend let's say wasn't the happiest to open up three lots of clothing

When he asked what if I don't the stewards mobbed up and said you won't be coming in!

Some rather choice words were exchanged resulting in the head Stewart asking my mate to apologise

That was never going to happen  

At the same time two oldish I guess pensioners walked through not asked to open their coats

The same for a rather well wrapped up man in a wheelchair and the friend pushing him?

Surely one for all,all for one?

Sometimes the place just aint enjoyable anymore 

Here' s the answer...dress up as an OAP next game !! :clapping:

• Admin
On 2/13/2016 at 18:45, Simez said:

I asked whilst undoing my coat what exactly they were looking for, the response was 'weapons'. Cos if I was bringing in a weapon a coat would be where I stashed it!

Interesting because when I asked, I was told they were checking for alcohol - said I'd prefer not to open coat on cold day, so they did a "pat down" instead

Not honestly sure they know what they are looking for, and maybe more of a deterrent than anything else?

• Admin
On 2/13/2016 at 23:46, Fordy62 said:

Interesting report here http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-launch-scathing-attack-middle-10891543

Superintendent Andrew Morgan, of the British Transport Police, said rugby fans could be more difficult to deal with than football fans, who pushed boundaries but generally listened to police officers and kept to a routine.

“Football fans come in large numbers. They can be a problem, but we know where they are,” he said.

“Football fans will push the boundaries, but they will listen.”

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

He would like to confront them with video evidence ?,what rather than kick their doors in at 5 o'clock in the morning and confront them with video evidence at the local Nick.Double standards.

Archived