IGNORED

Top keeper

CityCiderEd

Thought our keeper was brilliant today and has been excellent in all his appearances so far.The back four seem so much more confident with him as well and we look so much more solid.The saves he made today were class as well and also his command of the area is something we've missed with Frankie.Catches almost everything and rarely punches or flaps at the ball and is very vocal with the defenders.One of the best signings we've made.

When is Frankie's contract due to expire? Can't see us selling him and would imagine he is one of the higher earners.

Frankie is a great shot stopper but that's about it. He can't kick, can't command his area and has those moments of pure stupidity. O'Donnell is leaps above in every department and a massive reason to why our defence has improved so much.

Mad Frankie is still a very good goalkeeper. And a very good goalkeeper is exactly what we've been crying out for on the bench. He's unlucky that Rod has come in and done so well, but what a really good situation for us to be in.  At least if we lose Rod for a game or two we're not worried about back up.

28 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

When is Frankie's contract due to expire? Can't see us selling him and would imagine he is one of the higher earners.

Frankie is a great shot stopper but that's about it. He can't kick, can't command his area and has those moments of pure stupidity. O'Donnell is leaps above in every department and a massive reason to why our defence has improved so much.

The club recently gave à four year contract i believe . 

Nice work .

Good lad is Frankie but i prefer ROD .

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I really like Frankie, but RO'D has been so good coming in, I have no idea how he was 3rd choice at Wigan.

He wasn't.

He started the season as first choice but lost form (and his place) to Jusskelainen,  he was in front of the other keeper (Nicholls, who has been on loan to the blue few) until the last few games before he joined us.

My guess is that they wanted to move him on, so left him out of the squad to do so.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He wasn't.

He started the season as first choice but lost form (and his place) to Jusskelainen,  he was in front of the other keeper (Nicholls, who has been on loan to the blue few) until the last few games before he joined us.

My guess is that they wanted to move him on, so left him out of the squad to do so.

Surely that means he WAS third choice then. Out of their three keepers they wanted to retain the other two instead of him....seems you've disproved your own point there GC. :)

Either way, their loss is our massive gain.

I don't think that is what @GrahamC is saying.  I very much suspect O'Donnell had value in the transfer window, and didn't want to risk him getting injured.

Its a bit like us making Frank available for transfer and putting Max on the bench.  Max wouldn't be second choice, just stopping something falling through if he got injured.

• The title was changed to Top keeper
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think that is what @GrahamC is saying.  I very much suspect O'Donnell had value in the transfer window, and didn't want to risk him getting injured.

Its a bit like us making Frank available for transfer and putting Max on the bench.  Max wouldn't be second choice, just stopping something falling through if he got injured.

By all account we signed him on a free with possible fees should we get promoted.

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

By all account we signed him on a free with possible fees should we get promoted.

Yeah, heard that too, but wasn't sure of my facts.  He will have freed up their wage bill though....which may have been significantly more than the youngster who's been sat on bench.

Archived