IGNORED

Yesterday game

Healeyred96

First half we were great and the Tractor Boys were dire. Different second half. They obviously got a bollicking at half time and were much better but our 2 goal advantage was just enough. Both keepers had good games with several good saves.

LJ got a warm reception as you'd expect and I've no idea who was MoM but to me it was Pack.

Ratings from me.....cue lots of abuse!

O'Donnell 7 - two good saves, usual commanding performance.

Little 6 - worked hard, linked well with LF, especially first half...caught square for their goal. 

Golbourne 7 - not a foot out of place, and started to show flashes of what we can expect going forward.

Flint 10 - dominant, won everything, and of course two goals

Baker 8 - dominant, but didn't score two goals :P

Smith 8 - usual holding midfield masterclass, but with attacking option too.  Unlucky not to score (maybe two)

Pack 7 - steady defensively, but adding more going forward

Freeman 7 - busy, used the ball well.  Got 3 out of 4 corners on the money first half, 2 assists.  Listen to LJ on the radio re his set pieces.  He explains that it is hit and miss and therefore brave trying to whip the ball in the way he did yesterday.

Bryan 6 - decent enough, worked solidly with SG.  (Probably a six and a half!)

Tomlin / Tomlinson (:P) 7 - lovely touches and worked hard for 62 mins.  At the forefront of most good things.

Kodjia 6 - worked unselfishly, showed some nice touches, but little opportunity in front of goal.

Subs:

Agard 7 - looked as lively as v Wolves, good touches, ran them about really well...great sub option.

Wilbraham 6 - held up well, wasted time perfectly, sorted Berra put (as in don't you go roughing up my teammates!)

Wagstaff 10 - what attitude 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Freeman 7 - busy, used the ball well.  Got 3 out of 4 corners on the money first half, 2 assists.  Listen to LJ on the radio re his set pieces.  He explains that it is hit and miss and therefore brave trying to whip the ball in the way he did yesterday.

His corners were superb. Aside from that, for me, he was busy but not particularly effective. Out in that wide role, you really want to see someone taking on defenders and getting balls in the box, not just keeping the play moving. I can't remember him crossing in open play, 9 times out of 10 he seemed to cut back inside and play a backwards pass. 

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Little 6 - worked hard, linked well with LF, especially first half...caught square for their goal. 

Golbourne 7 - not a foot out of place, and started to show flashes of what we can expect going forward.

Smith 8 - usual holding midfield masterclass, but with attacking option too.  Unlucky not to score (maybe two)

Tomlin / Tomlinson (:P) 7 - lovely touches and worked hard for 62 mins.  At the forefront of most good things.

Kodjia 6 - worked unselfishly, showed some nice touches, but little opportunity in front of goal.

Subs:

Agard 7 - looked as lively as v Wolves, good touches, ran them about really well...great sub option.

Wilbraham 6 - held up well, wasted time perfectly, sorted Berra put (as in don't you go roughing up my teammates!)

That's a pretty fair assessment.  Probably wouldn't disagree with any of that.

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Subs:

I'd knock Wilbs up to a 7, fantastic play with Freeman to use up about 3 of the 5 added on minute. Quite often when players go into the corner it results in a throw or freekick to the defending team, but they worked together superbly to run down the clock.

Archived