IGNORED

SPELLING - It's as easy as ABC...

WsM-Red

5 hours ago, WsM-Red said:

It's amazing how many people write kodger, tomlinson or Golborn, it really doesn't look good if we can't spell our own players names!

KODJIA, TOMLIN, GOLBOURNE

Spelling,in this context,isn't important.not at all....its what you guys n' gals,Cityites,have to say that matters..the spelling,irrelevant. Even too much punctuation, its not important.full stop.           .   .

..its what you have to say,guys 'n gals that matters to us cityites...

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know you put 'i'll' deliberately....

Glad somebody got it, or more likely everyone did but thought it was poor. Based on an old joke I am afraid.

- shocked to hear the inventor of predictive text had died. I did not even realise they were I'll.

...Getting my coat right now...

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Glad somebody got it, or more likely everyone did but thought it was poor. Based on an old joke I am afraid.

- shocked to hear the inventor of predictive text had died. I did not even realise they were I'll.

...Getting my coat right now...

I thought the inventor of predictive text was Tomlin's son.....

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I didn't bother to learn how to spell Cotterill correctly (unless that is correct, I usually take a random guess) on the grounds that he wouldn't be here long.

Once we gained promotion I wondered if I should of done; but then a few games in realised that I was worrying unnecessarily.

Should HAVE done!

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm just glad that McIness is no longer manager. How often did we used to see an extra 'C' or even a mysterious 'K' jammed in there somewhere. 

And he was horse shit. I'm mostly glad he's gone because he was horse shit. 

Surely everyone knows it's an H in Hunt. :whistle:

13 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I managed to get a 3 at C.S.E  English without being able to spell,also a 5 in geography (is that how you spell it?)

My writing skills and grasp of grammar sometimes makes me feel so superior to most of the sages on here.

If anyone can find fault with my writing I would be stunned, feel free to take it apart.

By the way, :sub: if I say Marvin I mean Marlon!!!

5 hours ago, semblar said:

Since this is a "whinge" thread, I thought I would add a whinge for the rise of Americanisms... so I corrected it for you

Funnily enough I agree with you, cant stand so many of these 'Amercanisms' myself, and I'm not keen on the one in question that I used, was just for comic effect, even then it was a poor post... (sometimes we try to hard, and fail :( )

PS... meant 'too hard' btw.  

16 hours ago, Superjack said:

I prefer the Y shaped potato peelers to the knife shaped ones.

I'm so old fashioned and 'stuck in my ways'  I'd be lost without my old traditional peeler, much faster and easier to use for me than the modern Y types... (the good old ones seem to wear with the regvlar user and becomes almost a personalised kitchen tool) 

6 hours ago, semblar said:

Since this is a "whinge" thread, I thought I would add a whinge for the rise of Americanisms... so I corrected it for you

Have a nice day, y'all!

20 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Don't start me going on the mis-spelt words, the incorrect nouns (wear or where), the bad grammar with especially the use of the word of instead of have (I should of).

I save up the clangers on a daily basis from OTIB, Not606 and Bris Rugby forum and my wife and I have a good chuckle looking at them after dinner.

PS. Not intended to offend anyone. Perhaps I'm just fortunate that I never have a problem with spelling and know English grammar as it would have been impossible to learn four other languages without it.

Woteva turns ewe's on .. aint ya gotta telly oar sumfink;

20 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I'd vote for a speedy peeler.

18 hours ago, Superjack said:

I prefer the Y shaped potato peelers to the knife shaped ones.

18 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

After years of struggling with the knife peeler, the purchase of a Y-shaper revolutionised my roast dinner preparations.

You are of course all wrong.  A good quality knife style peeler is the choice of champions.

23 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

OTIB. Never shies away from the big issues of our time.

21 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Mods.

Surely this thread should be moved to 'Non Football Chat'.  It's about as far from 'Football Chat' as a discussion about which type of potato peeler is the best.

It's also ******* dull.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You are of course all wrong.  A good quality knife style peeler is the choice of champions.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh? :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Better still, why not keep the skin on thereby preserving the vitamins and minerals of the potato without farting around for ages in the kitchen.

Archived