IGNORED

SPELLING - It's as easy as ABC...

WsM-Red

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Better still, why not keep the skin on thereby preserving the vitamins and minerals of the potato without farting around for ages in the kitchen.

Better still,use smash,no need for potato peelers or potato's for that matter,I mean it is 2016 after all.

In all fairness - and yes I know I'll get slated for taking this viewpoint - but the OP has a point.

One of the few important things away from football that seperates us from the gash inbreds is the ability to communicate in a proper fashion.

So if you're not sure how to spell Lansdown for example, learn how to.

51 minutes ago, freezer said:

In all fairness - and yes I know I'll get slated for taking this viewpoint - but the OP has a point.

One of the few important things away from football that seperates us from the gash inbreds is the ability to communicate in a proper fashion.

*separates

53 minutes ago, freezer said:

In a proper fashion? .... So my purple loon pants and platform shoes are a no-no then? :)

I'm with the OP - people come on here determined to get their views across and determined to be seen as more knowledgeable than others - but then we see:

Aston Gate

Landsdown

Lansdowne

Bistol City

Maciness

Lewis Carey (not that one, when referring to our record appearance holder)

Ateyeo

Ateyo

Coteril

Cottrill

Coterhill

Corey Smith

Pembleton

Albie (for Aaron Wilbraham!)

Abrahams (for Aaron Wilbraham!)

Wibs

etc etc.

In the grand scheme of things it's obviously not that important but most posters are emotional and demand to be taken seriously and demand that their knowledge is taken seriously. But if you can't spell the names of important people at our club, or the name of the stadium, or the name of the team correctly then why should your views be taken seriously?

I'm not the (cringey term!) grammar police, but it just bugs me and I just happen to agree with the OP. Apologies if that upsets some on here.

Apology accepted.

For me football forums are for discussion and the content is what matters; you're not writing a report to the Board.

As long as what they have written is understandable I do not care about grammar or spelling, even Aston Gate (though I've not seen that one!).

Picking people up on these is both petty (you've understood what they've written and you're not their English teacher) and can dissuade people who know that their written English isn't great from posting.

I have read at least one plea from some guy whose posts always got ripped apart to give him some slack because he had dyslexia.

Well you don't need to be dyslexic to have poor spelling and grammar, you will know you've got it and having the clever kids continually point it out is going you make you stop bothering to post. I'm sure some already have.

Stop being petty.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Apology accepted.

For me football forums are for discussion and the content is what matters; you're not writing a report to the Board.

As long as what they have written is understandable I do not care about grammar or spelling, even Aston Gate (though I've not seen that one!).

Picking people up on these is both petty (you've understood what they've written and you're not their English teacher) and can dissuade people who know that their written English isn't great from posting.

I have read at least one plea from some guy whose posts always got ripped apart to give him some slack because he had dyslexia.

Well you don't need to be dyslexic to have poor spelling and grammar, you will know you've got it and having the clever kids continually point it out is going you make you stop bothering to post. I'm sure some already have.

Stop being petty.

I'm dyslexic.  There seems to be a general assumption that dyslexia simply aquates to a person's inability to express themself adequately.  This isn't the case, it is multifaceted.  

I am particularly affected by dyslexia due to, what is known as, poor working memory.

I find the retainment and application of short term/newly learned information abnormally difficult.  My use of language is however, conversely, way above average.

One could argue that over-marijuana consumption in the earlier days is the responsible factor - but educational psychologists don't agree.

22 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm dyslexic.  There seems to be a general assumption that dyslexia simply aquates to a person's inability to express themself adequately.  This isn't the case, it is multifaceted.

I am particularly affected by dyslexia due to, what is known as, poor working memory.

I find the retainment and application of short term/newly learned information abnormally difficult.  My use of language is however, conversely, way above average.

One could argue that over-marijuana consumption in the earlier days is the responsible factor - but educational psychologists don't agree.

I don't think that - and I may be wrong in my assumption here - that the OP point is that posters are not basically using the correct lingo, or basic grammar skills when responding on this forum.

You, sure sound more than adequate in that department, as proved by your continued ability to converse adequately.

Dyslexic or not, you always post in a coherrent fashion.

As for your last statement, sorry, way above my head.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm with the OP - people come on here determined to get their views across and determined to be seen as more knowledgeable than others - but then we see:

Aston Gate

Landsdown

Lansdowne

Bistol City

Maciness

Ateyeo

Ateyo

Coteril

Cottrill

Coterhill

Corey Smith

Pembleton

Wibs

etc etc.

In the grand scheme of things it's obviously not that important but most posters are emotional and demand to be taken seriously and demand that their knowledge is taken seriously. But if you can't spell the names of important people at our club, or the name of the stadium, or the name of the team correctly then why should your views be taken seriously?

I'm not the (cringey term!) grammar police, but it just bugs me and I just happen to agree with the OP. Apologies if that upsets some on here.

With you 100%, B4 on Tor.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

13 hours ago, freezer said:

Some of us are dyslexic.

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

You always thought right ....sleeping is important. 

;)

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Aston Gate

Landsdown

Lansdowne

Bistol City

Maciness

Ateyeo

Ateyo

Coteril

Cottrill

Coterhill

Corey Smith

Pembleton

Wibs

etc etc.

Have you taken into account the fact that some of us are fighting foreign language predictive texte ?

Archived