IGNORED

If you were the Leicester fan, would you cash the bet?

reddogkev

21 minutes ago, Selred said:

Personally don't agree with your first line. It's one thing loosing £10 at the start of the season, but they could take a guaranteed £3,000. That's actual money, big difference to just loosing the £10 now.

With bets I now normally set an amount of how much I'll cash out on, e.g. if the bet could win £700 from £10, but I could cash out at £110 I would. Stops me getting greedy or kicking myself it a late goal goes in and meaning I'd loose everything (which had in the past).

£3,000 pays for season tickets for the next few years. I'd take the money.

It a fair point, I guess it depends how confident you are that they will win it and therefore you win a load of cash.

My other thought is if they win the next couple of games their "cash out" value would be higher.

14 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

It a fair point, I guess it depends how confident you are that they will win it and therefore you win a load of cash.

My other thought is if they win the next couple of games their "cash out" value would be higher.

True, Norwich - West Brom - Watford are 3 very winnable games.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Call me crazy, heck call me a dreamer, but I'd fancy a big wedge on the same bet in the summer.

City to win promotion next season, got to be worth a punt.

And back to Leicester, was there a cabal of Leicester fans who felt quietly confident about their chances this season???

To win promotion from which division though:ph34r:

Assuming the guy who made the bet is a LCFC fan, then I reckon he'll let t ride.

The fact is gambling is stacked against the punter and as such these kind of bets are done by supporters rather than the blokes who follow the form and can calculate the odds of the odds, if you gt my drift. Thus I hope he hangs on to the ticket and Leicester go on and win it! 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Assuming the guy who made the bet is a LCFC fan, then I reckon he'll let t ride.

The fact is gambling is stacked against the punter and as such these kind of bets are done by supporters rather than the blokes who follow the form and can calculate the odds of the odds, if you gt my drift. Thus I hope he hangs on to the ticket and Leicester go on and win it! 

He's defo a Leicester fan, been in the local paper - he lives not far from me in Gloucester

One question though, the local rag pictured him in the bookies showing his slip, surely he can't cash out an over the counter bet - this is an invention for those of us who gamble online, presumably?

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

He's defo a Leicester fan, been in the local paper - he lives not far from me in Gloucester

One question though, the local rag pictured him in the bookies showing his slip, surely he can't cash out an over the counter bet - this is an invention for those of us who gamble online, presumably?

I haven't made a bet in England since Red Rum won the national Woodsy, however I guess your question will be answered by the punters on here!

Similar to TV's Tipping-Point delema ... Take the cash already won or gamble it on three chances to win Ten Grand by getting the jackpot token out...

The better the games gone up to that point the harder the decision, more cash to be gambled.

If I had a couple of grand in my pocket to be honest there's no way I'd have the bottle to put it across a bookies counter in the hope a certain horse in a four horse race would  turn my two grand into ten.  (If it was two quid for a tenner, I'd probably have a punt)

21 minutes ago, Craven arms said:

Cant he put another bet on Leicester not to win, kinda betting against your self but would return more than £3.500.

That is exactly what I would do. Bet against Leicester winning it to an amount I'm happy to win and that stake if lost chips away at the substantial win. 

Archived