IGNORED

Kodjia

Londoner

13 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I'm really pleased for him - he has looked like losing confidence over the last couple of months and I think this will be a big boost for him.

12 goals in this league at the end of the season for any striker is average to pretty good.

As a general rule it's said it can take a season or so for players to adapt to the English game, so more to come from him next year maybe?

30 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

His second was a great finish. He looked up for it today.

Might just be me...but was he watching the line more today for the ball though...may well have been offside in previous weeks. Might be reading far to much in to it, but a bit of coaching?

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Might just be me...but was he watching the line more today for the ball though...may well have been offside in previous weeks. Might be reading far to much in to it, but a bit of coaching?

Literally have just been having this convo on the way back in the car mate. He looked like he was watching the line a lot more and the time of his runs were so much better. I honestly believe LJ would have done a bit of work with him for sure.

12 goals in 34 appearances for us; taking into account the lad has moved from another country, has limited language skills and has played under two different gaffers, ignoring the interim period.

£2 million spent on a striker at this level isn't really top echelon money, so I think we've got excellent value.

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

All these boys really are exactly what you want to see - they ******* care as much as we do!

Compare it to going down last time when half the team couldn`t give a shit.

Absolutely, despite everything they've always looked united and committed, something that couldn't be levelled at previous City teams in similar situations. You can see why LJ said that he's reluctant to bring in more loanees and risk disrupting that.

I've been a supporter of Kodjia all season.

Of course he'll have off days.  He now 7th top league scorer in the Championship, pretty impressive for a struggling side who haven't scored many overall.

For those saying rest him in over the last week, I suggested that his 'encounter' with the stray elbows and cynical play of McFadzean at Ashton Gate might be the incentive for him today.  Not saying that was the reason, and to be honest, when I saw on Twitbook that he'd got a yellow card after 10 minutes, I worried he may have put himself at risk.

From reading the various Twitbook posts, it looks like McFadzean was (again) very lucky to stay on the pitch.

Really pleased for Jimmy Dangers.

I did say play him today, rest him v Brighton......but I suspect he will start now.  Haven't seen the goals yet (teasing myself), but it seems they were both good finishes.

For those Twitbook followers, perhaps MKD's idea to put a barn door in place of the goal was a bad idea!

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

The highlights definitely suggest so. Look like the JB of last season, quick and comfortable with the ball. 

Lets hope so. 

Joe B was outstanding today. Better than a new signing...cos...EE's one of our own !!:clap:

Archived