IGNORED

Remaining games. How many points?

ciderup

I'm very bored so had a look at what games we have left and came up with the following points haul.

Bristol City v Brighton 3
Nottm Forest v Bristol City 1
Bristol City v Cardiff 1
Wolves v Bristol City 1
Fulham v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Bolton 3
Hull v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Rotherham 3
Bristol City v Sheff Wed 1
Brentford v Bristol City 1
Bristol City v Derby 1
Blackburn v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Huddersfield 3
QPR v Bristol City 1

Leaves us very comfortable on 53. I will probably be proven wrong by Tuesday but it's all in fun.

What do you reckon?

For the first time this season I'm confident of staying up now. Looking at the fixtures a month ago I couldn't see where the next win was coming from. 

Now it's unthinkable that we won't get at least 4 more wins from that list, which should be plenty. 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

For the first time this season I'm confident of staying up now. Looking at the fixtures a month ago I couldn't see where the next win was coming from. 

Now it's unthinkable that we won't get at least 4 more wins from that list, which should be plenty. 

I agree that 12 points plus the odd draw will be enough. Although having said that,  I can't see any of the bottom three getting to 40 points at this rate, bar possibly a resurgent Bolton, so we may have as little as two wins to secure our Championship status. 

A remarkable turnaround in the space of two weeks. 

1 minute ago, redfred said:

I agree that 12 points plus the odd draw will be enough. Although having said that,  I can't see any of the bottom three getting to 40 points at this rate, bar possibly a resurgent Bolton, so we may have as little as two wins to secure our Championship status. 

A remarkable turnaround in the space of two weeks. 

Yes, quite possibly. We won't know until nearer the end of the season what was needed but if we won another 4 games I'd be astounded if we went down. 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There are a lot of solid but not great teams in this league. Lose a few and I cannot see where the next win is coming. Win a few, and suddenly they all look winnable!

Our recent form has been good, but if I was playing devils advocate we have beaten (well) two relegation rivals and a team in Ipswich with a few injuries. Got a good gap now, but not secure just yet. Just needs any of the bottom three to get on any sort of run and it could all change very quickly. 

We just need to keep doing what we are doing now. Next three games are an excellent benchmark of our progress, would be very happy with four points. 

24 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I thought the sheep worriers looked decent to be fair Fordy.

How many points then?

I struggle with things like this. Because we're winning at the moment, I expect us to win every game. When we're losing I expect us to lose. So, I'll accept nothing less than 42. 

It's a tough one because the bottom 3 are so bad. Can they keep up being that bad? We were there and have found form so it can be done though different circumstances. It's hard seeing them hit 40. We are on 34 I believe. 3 wins and 2 draws puts us on 45 and that should be more than enough compared to those below us. That's points in 11 points from 42. I don't think we've been that poor all season so I feel like we are going to be ok. 

Id love for us to keep current form and push on to mid table to help summer recruitment. Say 21 from 42 would put us on 55 and probably at least 16th. Would be a good spot to push on as a club. 

21 hours ago, cityexile said:

There are a lot of solid but not great teams in this league. Lose a few and I cannot see where the next win is coming. Win a few, and suddenly they all look winnable!

Our recent form has been good, but if I was playing devils advocate we have beaten (well) two relegation rivals and a team in Ipswich with a few injuries. Got a good gap now, but not secure just yet. Just needs any of the bottom three to get on any sort of run and it could all change very quickly. 

We just need to keep doing what we are doing now. Next three games are an excellent benchmark of our progress, would be very happy with four points. 

I think we can be confident , they also beat those perenial strugglers Middlesboro and narrowly lost  to a full strength Prem side WBA.

21 hours ago, ciderup said:

I'm very bored so had a look at what games we have left and came up with the following points haul.

Bristol City v Brighton 3
Nottm Forest v Bristol City 1
Bristol City v Cardiff 1
Wolves v Bristol City 1
Fulham v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Bolton 3
Hull v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Rotherham 3
Bristol City v Sheff Wed 1
Brentford v Bristol City 1
Bristol City v Derby 1
Blackburn v Bristol City 0
Bristol City v Huddersfield 3
QPR v Bristol City 1

Leaves us very comfortable on 53. I will probably be proven wrong by Tuesday but it's all in fun.

What do you reckon?

Point a game over remaining fixtures will be enough.that gives us 48.....current form suggests a few more but who knows with City!

• Brighton (H) 1
  • Nottm Forest (A) 0
  • Cardiff (H) 3
  • Wolves (A) 1
  • Fulham (A) 0
  • Bolton (H) 1
  • Hull (A) 0
  • Rotherham (H) 3
  • Sheff Wed (H) 0
  • Brentford (A) 1
  • Derby (H) 0
  • Blackburn (A) 3
  • Huddersfield (H) 3
  • QPR (A) 1

I can see us getting 17 points in the remaining games which will see us finish on 51 points which I would've thought is more than enough for safety. It would mean that Rotherham (22nd) will need to double their current points tally to finish higher than us.

There is already a thread on this called "Run in results and Points prediction" dum, dum dummmmm

anyway my predictions from there because all the others are eliminated for failing at the first hurdle (beating MK Dons) yes, yes I am the winner after just one match !!!  :clapping:

MK Dons - Away = 3 points

Brighton - Home = 0 points

Forest - Away = 0 points

Cardiff - Home = 0 points

Wolves - Away = 3 points

Fulham - Away = 3 points

Bolton - Home = 3 points

Hull - Away = 0 points

Rotherham - Home = 1 point

Sheffield Wed - Home = 0 points

Brentford - Away = 3 points

Derby - Home = 1 point

Blackburn - Away = 3 points

Huddersfield - Home = 0 points

QPR - Away = 0 points

6 wins -  2 draws - 7 Defeats  =  20 points and another healthy total of 51 points

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think we can be confident , they also beat those perenial strugglers Middlesboro and narrowly lost  to a full strength Prem side WBA.

I am it should be said always in the negative camp on these things. I think Bolton will be this years Sheffield United for me to worry about!

On 20/02/2016 at 20:34, cityexile said:

There are a lot of solid but not great teams in this league. 

I agree with this and think we need to keep reminding ourselves: outside of the top five or six, there's a load of hit and miss, inconsistent sides, with problems behind the scenes, money problems and transfer embargoes, some fairly ordinary players (as well as the odd special one), disappointed grumbling fans, boardroom splits, unmet expectations, all sorts of problems and challenges.

We can compete in this league.

Go on, repeat after me: we can compete in this league.

Again: we can compete in this league. 

Keep saying this.

There's quality in this league, there's mediocrity in this league, and there's dross in this league, much like any other league. People employed at this club heard to say: "we can't compete" need to be shown the door and replacements found. 

We can compete in this league!

Again: we can compete in this league!

Again: we can...........

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still think this is the best Championship I've seen.  There is an abundance of talented players in this division, and don't forget we won League One at a canter, so we have good players too.

Hmm I'd debate that one. Seen many average sides at AG this season that we should be beating.
Last season was one of the weakest League 1 has been in my opinion, not trying to rain on our own parade but it was a poor league and this seasons is even worse at that level.
I remember under the Wilson years there were some genuinely good teams at that level.

41 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Hmm I'd debate that one. Seen many average sides at AG this season that we should be beating.
Last season was one of the weakest League 1 has been in my opinion, not trying to rain on our own parade but it was a poor league and this seasons is even worse at that level.
I remember under the Wilson years there were some genuinely good teams at that level.

Fair enough :shifty:

Archived