IGNORED

Johnson Had A Dream

BCFC J

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I thought Yeovil use it too? It was but its 100% part of Bristol City along with I am a cider drinker. Continue that. Stop imitating fans like Leicester.

I don't think we're that bad for copying as fan bases go. It's the nature of the times now, a witty chant goes on Twitter, Instagram and shared everywhere - it sounds good, it's funny or whatever and people copy it. It's just more accessible now.

This hasn't always been the case as it's an Internet thing  so you wouldn't know what Man United or Leeds were singing unless you played them.

On 21/02/2016 at 11:44, Phileas Fogg said:

Last season there was a chap on here who's name I can't remember - came up with a song "we are Bristol city the only team in town..." That caught on at away games and in the Williams last season. I believe he actually posted it on here first before going on a one man crusade to get that song heard, belting it out on his own in the dolman!

We are Bristol City the only team in town

There used to be the rovers but now they have gone down

They only need one goal,  they couldn't managed that

And now they're in the non-league they'll have to MIND THE GAP!

• The title was changed to Johnson Had A Dream
On 21 February 2016 at 17:29, Robbored said:

Why do we need another original song? 

We already have our anthem "drink up thee cider" . It's unique to Bristol City.  No other club use it 

How about, drink up Lee's cider?

Meaning that he'll be able to concentrate fully on the job of Head Coach, in a clear, sober way. Contemporary and responsible. Have I just ticked two of the pillar boxes?

Archived