IGNORED

Johnson Had A Dream

BCFC J

Come on, let's get this going. There's enough brains on this forum to think of suitable words.

The way the '8 men had a dream' song is sung in the droany tone with a slow tempo is increasing tiresome and lacklustre, half of the nippers that sing it weren't even around to see it.

Can someone link the video of Wednesday fans singing 'Carlos had a dream' at Blackburn in here? That is what we should be doing. Would be great fun. 

If we can get a song together we'll try and get this going in H Block in the Atyeo on Tuesday.

UTC.

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't like this song much when Wednesday sing it. Besides, it would be better if we came up with something original rather than changing the words of another song - no different to if we started singing "we're the city boys making all the noise everywhere we go" which THANKFULLY we don't sing 

Don't go giving anyone ideas PF! 

Johnson had a son is what we could be singing

Johnson had a son, he's only five foot one....

If we could work in a line about "not mucking up the equilibrium of the group" somehow, that would be good

We could also try referencing that Johnson had a son and a brother. The Johnson family....

I remember the play-off match at BS3 v Sheffield United. Away fans in A Block of Dolman and one of their fans starting singing an Opera in a great baritone voice. Surreal moment. 

I've always thought Stranglers " Nice n' Sleazy" could be adapted. And as Hugh went to Bristol Uni and lives in Bath there's a tenuous local connection.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Exactly. Not many. Most songs are rip offs of other clubs songs 

I'd say we have a fair few actually.. Depends how you classify it though - some are totally unique to us in lyrics but a tune potentially shared by other clubs.

Based on other teams visiting AG, we have a wider repertoire than most away fans.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'd say we have a fair few actually.. Depends how you classify it though - some are totally unique to us in lyrics but a tune potentially shared by other clubs.

Based on other teams visiting AG, we have a wider repertoire than most away fans.

I'm judging it on unique lyrics and tunes. Not just city as well. Most  songs at every club and every game are the same tune.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The best chants/songs are spontaneous not "invented" on here.

Ive yet to hear anything composed on otib sung or chanted at AG.

Last season there was a chap on here who's name I can't remember - came up with a song "we are Bristol city the only team in town..." That caught on at away games and in the Williams last season. I believe he actually posted it on here first before going on a one man crusade to get that song heard, belting it out on his own in the dolman!

10 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Always loved it, always will.

Sound brilliant and forever gives me goosebumps.

Palace also sing it with ole ole ole ole eagles.

Same - also, we sing that uniquely. We pause between "Bristol" and "City" and the "City" is a higher note whereas most clubs sing the second word on a lower note. I like that, sounds better and sets us apart from other clubs. Why did we start doing this I wonder?

I don't actually hear many clubs sing any version of that chant surprisingly. If they do it's very occasional, we sing it more than any other club I've heard I think.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

If we could work in a line about "not mucking up the equilibrium of the group" somehow, that would be good

We could also try referencing that Johnson had a son and a brother. The Johnson family....

Johnson had a son

He's only five foot one

He couldn't wait to get back to BS3

Now we're winning away

In this division we'll sta-a-ay

Once we had Gary, now we've got Lee

(coat on, sneaking out...!)

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Your uncle is the scout

Your father is the manager

You only play with each other

The Johnson family

I'll get my coat.

49 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Do we have any truly original songs? Used but now its just singing what bigger teams do on you tube and sky. Nothing new has been done for seasons.

Why do we need another original song? 

We already have our anthem "drink up thee cider" . It's unique to Bristol City.  No other club use it 

Archived