IGNORED

Korey Smith

Between heaven and hell

What a player this young man is, his energy levels are phenomenal.

I  have been raving about him for weeks to my kids about the ground he covers and the way he always seems to be involved in the game by breaking up opposition play etc.

Yesterday my god one minute he's charging into our near post to cut out a dangerous cross then in the blink of an eye he's fighting for the ball in the middle of the park absolutely superb, I really can't remember the last City player I've seen with so much energy, bounce and drive.

Man of the match most weeks for me, does all the crap stuff brilliantly.

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

A new, improved contract needed ASAP !!

This guy is the heartbeat of our team and if he can add goals to his game, which I suspect he will now it appears been given license to get more forward. He has to be on other Club's radars, a quality player 

Right up there in central midfielders I've seen over the years

Tremendous athlete who covers ground as quickly as I've seen , add the fact he's always on the move, reads the game well , has good technical ability and a real snap in the tackle... 

Looks alright doesn't he !!

Reminds me a bit of a young Paul Ince 

Seems like a nice lad too with zero ego

Would be the last player I would want to see go atm 

Make him a central core of our side for next 5 yrs plus !

He was excellent yesterday, as others have said - does the ugly, simple stuff superbly.  Knows his game and does it very, very well.

Seemed to be a midfield triangle with Pack acting more as the passing player, with Tomlin acting as playmaker ("Number 10").  Not being a regular I don't know if that's the recent formation under LJ, but works really well if so.  The key to his role is tactical and positional discipline, which he seems to have.

On his way to being a truly top City player - Gary Shelton springs to mind, for older viewers ;)

Manager he likes.

MOM most weeks.

He and his partner have just had a baby and are settled in the area.

Every chance of being player of the season for this and future years (I`d have given him it last year TBF but understand why the team got it).

Fans love him and he`s appreciated.

Will probably be made captain next season.

Can`t think of a better time to offer him a new contract and for him to be happy to sign it.

Got to admit that he wasn't a player I noticed in the City v Oldham game in Nov 2013, but it only took 2 games in 14/15 season to realise what a good player he was, and what we had missed the previous season.

Hoping the LJ connection will bode well for a new contract, and I'm sure he will be captain if we keep hold of him.

Just needs to add creative contribution to be the complete midfielder....and we are seeing signs of that in the past two weeks.

3 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

What a player this young man is, his energy levels are phenomenal.

I  have been raving about him for weeks to my kids about the ground he covers and the way he always seems to be involved in the game by breaking up opposition play etc.

Yesterday my god one minute he's charging into our near post to cut out a dangerous cross then in the blink of an eye he's fighting for the ball in the middle of the park absolutely superb, I really can't remember the last City player I've seen with so much energy, bounce and drive.

Man of the match most weeks for me, does all the crap stuff brilliantly.

Gerry Gow ? 

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

He was excellent yesterday, as others have said - does the ugly, simple stuff superbly.  Knows his game and does it very, very well.

Seemed to be a midfield triangle with Pack acting more as the passing player, with Tomlin acting as playmaker ("Number 10").  Not being a regular I don't know if that's the recent formation under LJ, but works really well if so.  The key to his role is tactical and positional discipline, which he seems to have.

On his way to being a truly top City player - Gary Shelton springs to mind, for older viewers ;)

Very similar in stature/style to Shelts..very consistent.

IMO, Korey is as near to a modern day Gerry Gow as we could get. Gerry wouldn't be able to play the way he did in the modern game, he would never finish a match!

To compare Korey to the mighty Gerry Gow is the biggest compliment I can give the lad, he's even got GG's song.

We HAVE to keep him!

One of the best midfielders in the league?

Sounds over the top but he has been that good. Yes there are players that can defend better, break up play better. Better with the ball at their feet, pass the ball better but as an all round player you'd struggle to find an improvement.

Oh for a team of Korey Smith's.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

One of the best midfielders in the league?

Sounds over the top but he has been that good. Yes there are players that can defend better, break up play better. Better with the ball at their feet, pass the ball better but as an all round player you'd struggle to find an improvement.

Oh for a team of Korey Smith's.

It would be 0-0 every week.....;)

Archived