IGNORED

One advantage that LJ has

Portishead Puffin

Having read that article about DMC and the "hoards of Zulus" at training, I really believe this very small squad almost gives LJ a clean slate to build on. He doesn't have to clear too much "deadwood" and has room in the squad to develop the youth players as well. Not many managers at any club get that sort of start and it should allow him to put his mark on the club much quicker than usual. I am really hoping he can prove a success from here. 

He'll have scope to manoeuvre in respect of transfers by the fact of having the loan players in & likely to leave, so he'll already have to replace Tomlin & Baker (2 first team starters) & then Pearce (squad player).

So already he'll have 3 spaces to fill (if we decide to not make their deals permanent or their clubs allow us too).

I would expect Mark Ashton to be already working on such deals, with the input of LJ & the club to be fully aware of who will be out of contract at the end of this season & who could already be available to us.

I would expect this summer to be a fairly busy one & for the club to get most of their business done nice & early & for most of those deals to be permanent transfer in light of LJ's recent comments about bringing in loan signings.

I would of thought that LJ has previously had to exploit the loan system in his other managerial positions due to a restricted budget but considering what was supposedly available to Cotts last summer, MA / LJ should have a fairly healthy transfer budget to work with this summer.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

He'll have scope to manoeuvre in respect of transfers by the fact of having the loan players in & likely to leave, so he'll already have to replace Tomlin & Baker (2 first team starters) & then Pearce (squad player).

So already he'll have 3 spaces to fill (if we decide to not make their deals permanent or their clubs allow us too).

I would expect Mark Ashton to be already working on such deals, with the input of LJ & the club to be fully aware of who will be out of contract at the end of this season & who could already be available to us.

I would expect this summer to be a fairly busy one & for the club to get most of their business done nice & early & for most of those deals to be permanent transfer in light of LJ's recent comments about bringing in loan signings.

I would of thought that LJ has previously had to exploit the loan system in his other managerial positions due to a restricted budget but considering what was supposedly available to Cotts last summer, MA / LJ should have a fairly healthy transfer budget to work with this summer.

Really hope we do all we can to sign both on permanents:fingerscrossed:, that's of course if they want to stay?

I know they will cost top dollar, but if we're serious about becoming an established Championship side at the right end of the table these are the sort of players we should be aspiring to sign. It's not my money too spend though!:D

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Having read that article about DMC and the "hoards of Zulus" at training, I really believe this very small squad almost gives LJ a clean slate to build on. He doesn't have to clear too much "deadwood" and has room in the squad to develop the youth players as well. Not many managers at any club get that sort of start and it should allow him to put his mark on the club much quicker than usual. I am really hoping he can prove a success from here. 

And most importantly he inherited a together dressing room, which is very unusual for clubs in the position that we were in.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And most importantly he inherited a together dressing room, which is very unusual for clubs in the position that we were in.

Indeed but there was no reason for it to be disjointed we can't fault the players effort this season

which is so refreshing to say for a change

Archived