IGNORED

MK Don Fans Video of our second goal

Paul Cheesey

10 hours ago, pride of the west said:

The stadium seemed half finished to me in terms of the concourse and the bit dividing lower and upper tier. Presumably that's Corp boxes not fitted out yet?

No that's by design so you can still watch the game while in the concourse.

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

On a related note, this guy is leading Channel 5's coverage of the Championship next season. Enjoy.

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

On a related note, this guy is leading Channel 5's coverage of the Championship next season. Enjoy.

Got a bit confused 

What game was he on about 

Was it Today's Game ???

:blink::gaah:

• Admin
23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got a bit confused 

What game was he on about 

Was it Today's Game ???

:blink::gaah:

I particularly liked his rant about Robinson needing to stop changing the team so often, immediately prior to saying he thinks Robinson should change the team and maybe even the formation for their next game. And he really doesn't get what parking the bus is. Going away and having 11 shots to the home team's 3 is NOT parking the bus. We actually parked the bus on them all over the pitch apparently :blink:

I don't get this whole "soulless shitbowl" thing, our new stadium after it's finished will look like so:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

had there not have been the houses around the back of the Ateyo stand I imagine we too would have carried around the design to have a bowl too. Old Trafford is a bowl design, the Etihad stadium is a bowl, the Emirates is a bowl, King Power Stadium is a bowl.... what's the hate towards a bowl layout when it's probably the best functional stadium design for entering and leaving? I honestly have never understood the whole dislike of it all.

30 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't get this whole "soulless shitbowl" thing, our new stadium after it's finished will look like so:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

had there not have been the houses around the back of the Ateyo stand I imagine we too would have carried around the design to have a bowl too. Old Trafford is a bowl design, the Etihad stadium is a bowl, the Emirates is a bowl, King Power Stadium is a bowl.... what's the hate towards a bowl layout when it's probably the best functional stadium design for entering and leaving? I honestly have never understood the whole dislike of it all.

Soulless and bowl almost rhyme....Also I think dilapidated sh1t holes had more atmosphere, according to some, particularly MK's, former home at Plough Lane, :laugh:!

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

I think one of the main points to come back from fans ("us") was that we don't want a "soulless bowl" look-and-feel.  Your graphic above shows that AG will have a different look for all the stands.  Even if (when allegedly) the houses behind the Atyeo are purchased I hope the club will put in another "different" stand.

Stadium MK (vomitous name), which I actually really liked, was identical all around.  You could have blindfolded me, walked me around the ground 3 and 3/4 times and led me into the ground.  When I took the blindfold off, I'd have no idea which stand I was in. I'd have to lean over a couple of rows and shout 20 seats down to the next guy to ask.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Soulless and bowl almost rhyme....Also I think dilapidated sh1t holes had more atmosphere, according to some, particularly MK's, former home at Plough Lane, :laugh:!

Ashton Gate is the bowl-less soul of 21st century football, authentic, historic, rooted in 120 years of south Bristol community and history, with, er, a Heineken lounge, and some of that necessary corporate brand stuff

We are bowl-less soul!

2 hours ago, Spike said:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

It's just the vinyl/compact disc thing mate, crap old grounds where you got wet, caged in, trunchoened, coined, crushed, bricked, nicked and appalling food and drink are like the crackly old records that got scratched and warped and you had to get up to change them over halfway through and listen to every bloody note on them and you could pour over the sleeve and liner notes and they took up so much space to store and we loved and miss them and say they sounded so much warmer than soulless cds, which are bland and designed to simply empty our wallets for the same thing we've already got and you don't have to listen to the crap songs cos you can skip and they were made in Swindon which is bland and skulless and .... etc, etc.

One day, many years from now, people will be reminiscing about the glory days of early 21st century football but I will be long gone by then

2 hours ago, Spike said:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

It's the lack of imagination in the architecture in many cases; the King Power, Riverside, St Marys, Liberty and Madejski Stadiums are all virtually indistinguishable from each other apart than the colour of the seats.  The designs are bland and generic, lack identity, and therefore can also feel a little soulless.  It also doesn't help that these stadia are naturally associated with the modern era of football, when atmospheres aren't what they once were. 

Old Trafford and the Emirates are not good examples because they are both unusually large and architecturally distinct - you recognise them instantly.  I actually think MK is one of the best new arenas and is more distinct than many new stadiums, primarily due to the additional tier.  It's also built to a much high specification than many new grounds, which tend to have a "budget" feel and warehouse appearance (see Cardiff City Stadium and Madejski in particular).  MK's problem is more it's lack of spectators.

However, I don't subscribe to the theory that new stadiums cannot generate an atmosphere.  In fact a bowl design should in theory create a better atmosphere than a traditional four-sided stadium.  Anyone who saw the Wales v Belgium game at Cardiff will know that it is perfectly possible to create a fantastic atmosphere in a new ground.  The Welsh fans were incredible.

The New Ashton Gate is bowl-ish, but with the large two-tier West Stand and separate Atyeo stand it still retains a uniqueness that makes it very much ours.  The specification, like MK, is also very high.  The club also deserves a lot of credit for imaginative touches like the legends pictures in the Dolman and the banners in the South Stand concourses.  It all helps us avoid the "soulless bowl" accusation.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

ashtongatenew1.jpg

Were you are MK?  It feels vastly different inside and out compared to AG.  From the outside MK feels like a vast shopping centre, its just that they play football inside, rather than stock soap powder and the like - the uniformity and vastness of the place is quite depressing imo.

Our rising West Stand provides a very different 'feel'.  The sense that there is (at least one) conventional stand is the trump card here.

There is nothing to like about MK imo, unless ample parking turns you on.  I will add, though, that the disabled facilities are very good, as are the staff (very friendly and helpful).

Archived