IGNORED

Only 6 points from 12th !

Ashtonwurzel

7 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Amazing how close the bottom half of the Division is. Teams like Reading and Leeds not safe yet.

As I have said before I still feel Blackburn maybe the surprise team to drop into the bottom 3.

All in all things look so much better for the Good Guys from AG.

And were only 19 points from the play offs with 14 games left funnier things have happened :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, cwmbran red said:

And were only 19 points from the play offs with 14 games left funnier things have happened :laugh:

Yh, like John Ward speaking like that and Rovers dropping into non-league. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

17 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Amazing how close the bottom half of the Division is. Teams like Reading and Leeds not safe yet.

As I have said before I still feel Blackburn maybe the surprise team to drop into the bottom 3.

Reading and Leeds are definitely safe. Just that the bottom 3 are getting cut more and more adrift as we bunch up above them. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Super said:

Exactly. I would take 21st now.

I get where you are coming from but for me the rest of the season is all about finishing as strongly as we can so LJ can point to our record since he arrived to any potential signings in the Summer. If we can average somewhere around 1.75 points per game in that period then he can say "we already have the players to mount a top half challenge, with you we can aim even higher".

26 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I get where you are coming from but for me the rest of the season is all about finishing as strongly as we can so LJ can point to our record since he arrived to any potential signings in the Summer. If we can average somewhere around 1.75 points per game in that period then he can say "we already have the players to mount a top half challenge, with you we can aim even higher".

Oh yes I certainly want that but it's all about staying up this season and make sure we don't go through another terrible pre season again. Lessons learnt hopefully.

38 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Whereas the board can say 'we might be able to without'. There's a balance to be had. 

3 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Neither Reading or Leeds will go down.....Now Blackburn,very possible.current form dire.

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When all the ridiculously optimistic prediction threads were on here after last season I giggled at the 'we'll finish first' and 'we'll defo make the play offs' etc posts and predicted a 17th place finish. 

I still think that could be spot on...

I said at the end of the season we'd be fine, roll on into last summer (and I'd sobered up) I looked at this division and said then, "as long as we stay up" we can build steadily and not get carried away like last time. 

So a good end to this season , for momentum , would be better than a slow steady season with no worries or excitement. Few good wins and start to climb the table a little and next season looks a whole better prospect. New man in charge, better organised off the field for signings etc :fingerscrossed: , some good young players will only be better and the man at the top willing to fund good additions...... Bloody hell I've just talked myself into renewing my season ticket. :chant6ez:

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When all the ridiculously optimistic prediction threads were on here after last season I giggled at the 'we'll finish first' and 'we'll defo make the play offs' etc posts and predicted a 17th place finish. 

Was a little optimistic with 15th...sadly.maybe next season!

39 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Brentford are the team who I think will be looking nervously over their shoulders.  Although they've got 40 points at the moment, they appear to be nosediving down the table

I've been thinking the same but they only need to pick up 2 more pick wins and there probably safe I reckon, luckily for them. Lost 7 drew 2 and won 1 of the last 10.  In freefall but should just scrape by.  50 Points should be our aim just to be on the safe side then we can look to midtable depending on how many games are left.  Ultimately a top 12 (top 10 would be great) finish will make our recuitment that much easier in the summer so that should be our target if we can get safe asap.

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

So three more points and we're definitely safe too? Nice.

It's not that points total to be safe, but those teams aren't going to lose an 11 point lead below them to teams that would need to pretty  much double their points haul for the whole season in 15 games.

and yes I would say we're pretty close to being in that group of teams that would need a major catastrophe for us to go down. 

18 minutes ago, RedSA said:

It's not that points total to be safe, but those teams aren't going to lose an 11 point lead below them to teams that would need to pretty  much double their points haul for the whole season in 15 games.

and yes I would say we're pretty close to being in that group of teams that would need a major catastrophe for us to go down. 

And you`d like to think we`ve had ours!

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I set out thinking I'd love a season where we settled at 17th and weren't panicking about relegation. So I'd still be very happy with 17th - just wish it was an easier ride.

But LJ may prove to be an inspired long term appointment. Let's wait and see.

Archived