IGNORED

It's all about us

Major Isewater

Our destiny is now in our hands , we just have to do better than the teams below us and we will be In a fantastic position to kick on next season.

No shert shilock i hear you cry  but perhaps now we can look up and cease worrying whether Bolton get wound up or Charlton change their coach again etc .

i feel we are on the edge of something really good here and all the negativity that stunk the club out since the summer debacle is consigned to the dustbin.

City are back .

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Our destiny is now in our hands , we just have to do better than the teams below us and we will be In a fantastic position to kick on next season.

No shert shilock i hear you cry  but perhaps now we can look up and cease worrying whether Bolton get wound up or Charlton change their coach again etc .

i feel we are on the edge of something really good here and all the negativity that stunk the club out since the summer debacle is consigned to the dustbin.

City are back .

Well said Major .

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

City are back .

Come on, Kodjia scored twice at the weekend, can we give him a break please?

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I am still concerned that one unplanned heavy defeat could undo all of our hard work since SC's departure. As we have seen already this season, this team have a fragile sense of confidence. When it's up their good, when it's down they can't string 2 passes together.

Let's hope they keep their confidence up then

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I am still concerned that one unexpected heavy defeat could undo all of our hard work since SC's departure. As we have seen already this season, this team have a fragile sense of confidence. When it's up their good, when it's down they can't string 2 passes together.

big difference now is there is light at the end of the tunnel. before they knew nothing was going to change anytime soon and nothing could change the way they played. now there are options,eg,if we are getting battered at the back,a sub will come on to help out ,maybe changing things up front but giving the back line belief help is there if they need it.

have to put my hand up,wasnt impressed at LJ joining but so far have seen/heard nothing but good since he arrived,even if it was due to Pembo,LJ hasnt changed it.

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I am still concerned that one unexpected heavy defeat could undo all of our hard work since SC's departure. As we have seen already this season, this team have a fragile sense of confidence. When it's up their good, when it's down they can't string 2 passes together.

All heavy defeats are unexpected. No team goes out to get stuffed.

But...the loss of confidence came through the 3-5-2 failing in the Championship and SC refusing to change it. If we could all see it, so could the players. Since he's gone and the flat back four was reintroduced results have improved significantly along with the teams confidence.

11 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

With our fighting spirit and more compact formation i really can't see us falling to a heavy defeat .

The confidence was fragile because we were getting beaten too often and the same eleven were sent out on suicide missions otherwise described as 3-5-2 and were completely shattered and demoralised.

It must have taken balls to keep going out there twice a week and stick to the manager's plan even though they knew the probable out come.

All Credit to these lads they are top lads and top pros .

We are really lucky to have them.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Here here Major. 

One of the nice things during this season is you know everyone's giving their all and nobody's stealing a living.

Some players have limitations and some need to work on aspects of their game, but all play their socks off for us.

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Did you copy & paste that statement from asschat ?

Right back at you, if we wan't to be up there and challenging next year like SL said then I think we'll be in the highest several spenders for certain. If we had signed Dack in January our spending would've been close to £5m

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Right back at you, if we wan't to be up there and challenging next year like SL said then I think we'll be in the highest several spenders for certain. If we had signed Dack in January our spending would've been close to £5m

Yes I do agree .

I think as fans we deserve it, especially after last summer's disaster.

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

So not even two thirds of a Gray then?

Why would we spend this summer when SL wouldn't spend the summer gone?

Next season is all about us, you better believe it.  I can see us finishing top 2 next year.

City and Sunderland to battle for the top.

I've said it before, but the script is written for LJ to surpass his father.

Give the season a couple of months, and if we're doing as well as I expect, the Gate will be rocking with at least 22k each week.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

All heavy defeats are unexpected. No team goes out to get stuffed.

*Rolls eyes* Just knew a typical otib dig would be made over this part of my post. 

Ok, no one wants to be heavily beaten, but often it is likely that a team will be beaten e.g. Chelsea vs Man City's teenagers yesterday. 

We aren't out of trouble just yet and there are still teams to face who could stick 3 goals past us if we aren't on our game. I think we all need to be realistic that our season very much hangs in the balance.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

With our fighting spirit and more compact formation i really can't see us falling to a heavy defeat .

The confidence was fragile because we were getting beaten too often and the same eleven were sent out on suicide missions otherwise described as 3-5-2 and were completely shattered and demoralised.

It must have taken balls to keep going out there twice a week and stick to the manager's plan even though they knew the probable out come.

To be fair other than Fulham at home we haven't been battered playing 352. We were always pretty competitive. Problem was 352 made us more susceptible to be open to at least conceding a goal which made winning that much harder. Note we have switched to a back 4 we aren't conceding so giving us a better chance of winning games

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Here here Major. 

One of the nice things during this season is you know everyone's giving their all and nobody's stealing a living.

Some players have limitations and some need to work on aspects of their game, but all play their socks off for us.

Spot on, the pair of you.  They were great recruits from an attitude perspective.  I could imagine them being pretty open in their views of any Big Time Charlie's coming into the club.  From LJ's recent comments I think he is well aware of the bond this squad have.

We are lucky.

• The title was changed to It's all about us
19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on, the pair of you.  They were great recruits from an attitude perspective.  I could imagine them being pretty open in their views of any Big Time Charlie's coming into the club.  From LJ's recent comments I think he is well aware of the bond this squad have.

We are lucky.

SC did something right then.

Not saying he shouldn't have gone mind..

3 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I'm not actually sure I agree with this.  Confidence is always an issue when a team is losing, but I don't think that is particularly the case with this team more than it is any other.  I don't recall us particularly struggling to string passes together.  Generally speaking, a heavy defeat has been followed by a decent result (Wolves after Fulham, QPR after Derby).  Even towards the end of Cotterill's reign, we saw a very good performance at West Brom.  At no point during the season has the team been consistently poor or failed to compete.  I'd say that, despite the struggles, the confidence has actually held up pretty well - in fact more than you might have expected.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

SC did something right then.

Not saying he shouldn't have gone mind..

Out of curiosity, have you ever been to Loon Plage?

Not too far away is also Oye Plage, and further down the coast in La Baie de Somme, a large and magnificent beach, Fort-Mahon Plage, well worth a visit if you are in the area - and be sure to try the raie (skate).

On 22/02/2016 at 15:36, OddBallJim said:

We aren't out of trouble just yet and there are still teams to face who could stick 3 goals past us if we aren't on our game. I think we all need to be realistic that our season very much hangs in the balance.

Just saying, we aren't safe and we have lots to do to ensure we are. 

Archived