IGNORED

Sorry LJ you got that horribly wrong

Londoner

I like everyone would like to see youngsters getting a go, being brought up from the youth sides.

But like I and some others said prior to the game, Brighton utilise their wide players Murphy and Knockeart....so why oh why would you play a kid with next to no experience?

Dont get me wrong, Little is not the saviour far from it.....but he has experience, and judging by the goals seen on tv Vyner is to blame for the first, third and arguably the second....sorry, but what a massive  howler playing the kid. Against MK he did well but made mistakes that weren't punished by a poor side, today he was punished....you must learn. But phase the kid in, LJ should know that.

I hope this doesn't destroy his confidence, but you cannot play against a top top side at this level with someone with no experience....A real shame.

Also I completely disagree with his idea that this was a "free game", this was for me an important game....the opportunity to virtually seal our survival, I think you got it completely wrong tonight.

i don't mean to be the baerer of negativity but I'm very disappointed, today was not the game to play Vyner. 

Hopefully we can forget about today, but more big games coming up.

No win situation for LJ, he keeps a lad in who makes his debut in a winning side just 4 days earlier & we lose & he's wrong for playing him!!

He could of brought ML back in & we still lose & he would of been wrong for dropping Vyner!!

No matter what, LJ was fighting a losing battle & someone would of been jumping all over him!!

Drop Vyner & he would of been accused of ruining Vyner's confidence as how can you drop a youngster who makes his debut in a winning side & you never change a winning side scenario!!

Who'd be a football manager or should that be who'd be LJ managing at Bristol City FC?

I guess it was only a matter of time before he did something wrong in someone's eyes, I'm just surprised it's taken so long!!

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

No win situation for LJ, he keeps a lad in who makes his debut in a winning side just 4 days earlier & we lose & he's wrong for playing him!!

He could of brought ML back in & we still lose & he would of been wrong from dropping Vyner!!

No matter what, LJ was fighting a losing battle & someone would of been jumping all over him!!

Drop Vyner & he would of been accused of ruining Vyner's confidence as how can you drop a youngster who makes his debut in a winning side & you never change a winning side scenario!!

Who'd be a football manager or should that be who'd be LJ managing at Bristol City FC?

I guess it was only a matter of time before he did something wrong in someone's eyes, I'm just surprised it's taken so long!!

The only difference is Vyner played a big part in their first 3 goals.

Must have been questions over Little's fitness surely?

Just a really really bad day at the office when everything went wrong. When the other team score four with three shots on target, well, it is not going to be your night.

Need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and get on with it. Still eight clear.

Ayling back in training this week.. Him and Baker back would make a massive difference. 

Tonight was a bad day at the office but the bottom 8 failed to win and we are still 8 points clear of the drop with one less game to play.  

13 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The only difference is Vyner played a big part in their first 3 goals.

And how was LJ to know that? 

What's to say ML wouldn't of made the same mistakes along with the own goal he scored once he actually got on the pitch?

So your argument doesn't stand because at least Vyner didn't actually put one into his own net which ML managed to do in less time on the pitch.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & as I said, LJ was already on a loser before the game even kicked off!!

Sadly some people just can't wait to beat him with that stick though, can they?

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

LJ just said on Radio Bristol that Little wasn't fully fit

Which is fairly obvious but had the score been 0-0 at HT you keep the kid on; if you are 2 down and he was at fault, arguably, for both the first two goals is it correct to risk him for the first 15 or so minutes of the second half as well? 

I think on balance he should have stayed in the dressing room at the end of the first 45. And thats not power of hindsight because you already have enough evidence not least you shield the lad from a shattering of confidence as the OP says. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

LJ said in interview after, question marks remained over Little's fitness, heel and groin, so risk him or stick with Vyner who was part of a winning side keeping a clean sheet.

He also said that he doesn't make excuses for modern day footballers because modern footballers will take and believe those excuses, I thought this was not only funny but absolutely true.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

What's to say ML wouldn't of made the same mistakes along with the own goal he scored once he actually got on the pitch?

So your argument doesn't stand because at least Vyner didn't actually put one into his own net which ML managed to do in less time on the pitch.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & as I said, LJ was already on a loser before the game even kicked off!!

Well he is the head coach so you could argue it is his job to know that, or at least try and predict it. Brighton play down their wings, and they are very strong - putting a young lad there it's not too hard to predict he would struggle.

I think Little although not the answer long term is reasonably solid, and I think he did a lot better down that side than Vyner after he came on, the weird own goal is irrelivent really.

I see Little was injured but I was still very surprised Vyner came back out at the first half - not just due to his performance, but also for the confidence of the lad. I'm sure all pros have had games like that though and if he's going to make it hopefully he will have learnt more from that hour than he has in a long time, and come back better for it.

People are not "bashing" LJ because they can't wait to, they seem fair enough in this thread anyway, they are raising a legitimate point - this is a discussion forum after all...

Hopefully Little and Baker will be back for the next game.

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

My post wasn't a dig at the lad, far from it....young and learning his trade.

Like others have said maybe little was still injured, but personally 2 games in 4 days against Murphy and Knockeart was going to be a nightmare waiting to happen.

The dig seemed more at LJ rather than ZV but what choice was LJ left with?

As I said, he was in a no win situation, ZV was clearly LJ's best option available to him & having done okay on Saturday he clearly felt that he could cope with it again but with NB missing & AP also having to come in to the back four against a team 4th in the table it was hardly ideal.

I also got my updates from Sky TV & from the updates that were given it hardly sounded like we allowed Brighton a tonne of chances & others have alluded too, it was just a bad day at the office, we're in no worse a position than we were at the start of the game.

LJ & ZV will have both learnt a lot from this game & lets hope that we have other options available to us come Saturday.

I don't think we had alot of choice given the injuries other than perhaps I think Wagstaff could have possibly done a job there but it could have equally been disastrous, you can never know. The whole team were not with it though, with some of that down to a positionally organised Brighton team.

Hopefully they will have recorded the game just for the horror show factor. Their goals, in my opinion, came from nothing. We just seemed to be the congenial host who invited them to a good meal.

We had good spells in the game but still don't take our chances. Brighton, well we got a footballing lesson.

Just got to hope it's a lesson learned.

Given the rather thin nature of the squad it seemed LJ had no real option because of Little's fitness. 

Don't think LJ did a huge amount wrong tonight. Individual lapses and a huge difference in fitness between the two teams was how I saw it. 

Oddly enough that was the first time all season that I thought we looked noticeably less fit than an opposition team, and it comes after LJ made a comment about 'once we get up to fitness', or words to that affect after the game on Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry but the proof is in the performance, responsible for 3 goals today and I, like many, were worried the moment the team sheets were read out? Why? Cos the play through the wings.

This wasn't against the likes of Fulham, Ipswich, Leeds etc....if there is one team in this league that will utilise the wide men time and time again it's Brighton, LJ SHOULD of known that and realised we need to be as solid our wide as possible.

I have no issue with LJ on the whole, but I thought this was a very basic error....at MK he made mistakes that weren't punished....I personally didn't think he was quite as solid as was made out....today he was battered. 

If little was crocked fair enough, the evidence of coming on was that he wasn't....to start with Vyner, against Brighton always had the potential to be a disaster, people were saying it before the game!!! And so it proved.

Archived