IGNORED

Maybe That's Why Cotterill Didn't Put The U21s On The Bench Then?

Jack Dawe

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Sorry fella...but i'm going to disagree with your comment.

What 'weaknesses' does Vyner have, that showed up so much over his past game, that Brighton would have seen...apart from them knowing he was young and it was only his second game?

A miscontrol on the chest from a poor pass from the keeper, and a perfectly timed through ball that would have had any seasoned pro struggling led to two goals...what else was wrong with his performance that said he wasn't ready?

I'll take that bet, that Vyner and others from the Academy aren't pushed through quicker. I can see LJ blooding more than any other manager we've had. He'll have the Academy training and getting closer to the first team....you just watch ;-)

I don't know whether you went to the game or have just seen the goals on TV, but he was regularly caught out of position and/or beaten by the players down Brighton's left as well as the errors relating to the goals, the lad was put under intense pressure and had obviously been targeted by the opposition, not his fault and sure he'll bounce back and learn from the experience but needs to play first team football at a lower level before he's put back into the fray of the Championship.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't know whether you went to the game or have just seen the goals on TV, but he was regularly caught out of position and/or beaten by the players down Brighton's left as well as the errors relating to the goals, the lad was put under intense pressure and had obviously been targeted by the opposition, not his fault and sure he'll bounce back and learn from the experience but needs to play first team football at a lower level before he's put back into the fray of the Championship.

Fair points fella...but he's going to make mistakes...just like Pearce...who as a seasoned pro made just as many positional errors.

New to the team, playing alongside a defence that 3 out of 4 are new or not regular.

Playing against a well drilled side...who obviously pressed high on the defence as they did their homework.

Two injuries leading to the changes. We know Vyner would be a Sub if Ayling or Little were fit.

I'm glad LJ isn't scared at blooding these lads. Imo, Vyner should be used. He will only get better.

Disgraceful from Cotterill quite frankly, especially after the naming 6 subs against WBA leaving a space empty.

Could've given a lad from the academy a chance at least to be around the first team (not necessarily to play) and travel with the squad for some experience but he couldn't even do that.

I'm amazed that people are still defending him despite his appalling record this season and his refusal to change things/players just to make a tired point to the board. The squad have proved more than capable of being organised, playing good football under good management in recent weeks (Brighton aside). All he did was hurt the clubs chances of survival, no one person is bigger than the club

15 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Shawn McCoulsky just got a goal back, Ipswich team contains the likes of Jay Tabb and Luke Varney

CcYj5E0WAAEQKGE.jpg

Not filled the bench?

Surely that's enough reason to crucify the manager in a 20 page thread.......

:whistle:

On 2/29/2016 at 15:17, spudski said:

Very strong Ipswich side against a very young City side...men against boys really.

Kane Smith was a trialist for Ipswich.

The U21's have done really well recently...a blip...like the first team against Brighton.

I didn't realise you could play so many experienced players in an U21 game, I think Ipswich have 5 or 6 there? Sems to make a mockery of the meaning of these games really.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I didn't realise you could play so many experienced players in an U21 game, I think Ipswich have 5 or 6 there? Sems to make a mockery of the meaning of these games really.

I believe you are allowed to field 3 over 21's in these games, may be wrong but am sure have seen that somewhere before

On 2/24/2016 at 23:36, spudski said:

Well said fella...exactly how I feel about it on here too.

No one has an agenda...and even if they did...how are they going to affect anything that happens to a manager at a Club? Total codswallop I agree.

People have opinions...and some find it hard to deal with others they disagree with.

It gets to a point where they actually hunt the same people down to disagree with them...even if other fans are saying the same things.

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

superb word and totally underused on this forum

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If you've ever been " walloped " by a cod you'd know why people are reluctant to be reminded of it .

Spudski is ignorant of the pain he's causing to countless individuals who are reading this forum .

is it related to a 'cod-lot' in any way? :noexp:

Archived