IGNORED

Crap journalism in The Post

Major Isewater

On 24 February 2016 at 13:27, robinreliant said:

I used to buy the Post and Western Press way back. 1970 ish. The spelling THEN was absolutely Atroshus.

I have to say that isn't my memory.

In my time Peter Godsiff and then Richard Latham both wrote intelligent, well researched pieces on City that were well worth reading.

Since the latter departed it has been utter shite, written by a series of "journalists" with absolutely zero feeling for the club who seem to think that they never need to ever bother checking what they write.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In my time Peter Godsiff and then Richard Latham both wrote intelligent, well researched pieces on City that were well worth reading.

Since the latter departed it has been utter shite, written by a series of "journalists" with absolutely zero feeling for the club who seem to think that they never need to ever bother checking what they write.

That may well be but proof reading wasn't very good at all.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely agree but let's also remember Herbie Gillam in the WDP

On 24 February 2016 at 12:07, Port Said Red said:

I thought you were referring to point 5? Everything I have read on here, saw in the highlights and in the chatroom last night put Vyner at the centre of our problems. Yet the post thought he produced an "Assured display"?

On 24 February 2016 at 12:07, Port Said Red said:

I thought you were referring to point 5? Everything I have read on here, saw in the highlights and in the chatroom last night put Vyner at the centre of our problems. Yet the post thought he produced an "Assured display"?

They said he deserved keeping Little out of the side due to his assured display against MK Dons.

On 2/24/2016 at 16:01, Maesknoll Red said:

Quite apart from the shit the EP prints, I never click the links anymore, as the site, with its ads and loading speeds which transport me back to the days of dial up net access, making me liable to commit serious damage to what ever innocent device I am trying to view it from.

I get the same slow loading speed, but don't get the ads as I have Adblock Plus, download it it's free and very good.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:34, Rudolf Hucker said:

A dreadful article made worse by the pop-up adverts which blight that site. Oh and apparently, some of us did booo (Baldock) although it was pantomime villain style boooing and barely worthy of mention in a match report.

One thing I did learn from reading that article is that The Post remains a truly shit publication.

Years ago we used to cut up the newspaper into 6 inch squares and hang them on a piece of string and call it toilet paper!!So well worth buying if you run out of loo paper!!!

8 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

If an English teacher made a spelling error, would parents call into question their ability to do their job? No.

I'm a software developer. I wish my customers were as accommodating as you :P

"It compiles. What more do you want? "

On 24 February 2016 at 11:29, Major Isewater said:

For those who are wondering , they have rectified the mistake i highlighted .

According to the original article we    were unable to " shit " out the opposition ! 

There is still the small matter of our match at " Notting " Forest to consider .

In the days long before word processing even the compositors at the Evening Post were capable of hilarious clangers.

"Mike Gibson topped a hot shit over the bar"

Archived