IGNORED

Agard

Ivorguy

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone know why Sky reporting that Agard might start?

Have I missed announcement somewhere?

On the official site:

Head coach could alter his starting XI tomorrow.

Lee Johnson has hinted he could change his team for City’s visit to Nottingham Forest tomorrow (3pm) – the club’s third match in an eight-day spell

I thought Agard might've started v BHA....but I think it would've been a difficult decision after Jimmy's brace v MKD.

Wouldnt surprise me today though, having said that, we have a week before Cardiff, so opportunity to let Jimmy have a blast for 60-65, then unleash Agard.

Wonder if Agard's missed penalty and his demands to take it may influence LJ's decision.

While the pen was irrelevant in terms of the game, and so the miss was too. The fact that he went against orders makes that same miss more meaningful, specially with a new coach at the club . LJ didn't seem best pleased so I'd be a little surprised if he started, even though JK could maybe do with a rest . I'm hoping for Baker and either Little or Ayling to be fit after ZV's chasing Tuesday. I think he will be good, but sitting out a game or two will do him no harm.  

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone know why Sky reporting that Agard might start?

Have I missed announcement somewhere?

I'd see this as a guess on Sky's part.

It is certain that Vyner won't start so either Little or Aylng will. If Baker is fit he'll be back too (though my guess is sadly not).

Any further change would be more likely to see Wilbraham come in rather than Agard, I think.

No problem him starting, though hope he never takes a penalty for us ever again; missed his last two (Yeovil last season and Brighton), and for me that is him out of the running for them for good.

Still; been playing well in his cameos, and the fact he won it in the first place was good work - just had it to Tomlin next time, Kieran.

56 minutes ago, samo II said:

No problem him starting, though hope he never takes a penalty for us ever again; missed his last two (Yeovil last season and Brighton), and for me that is him out of the running for them for good.

Still; been playing well in his cameos, and the fact he won it in the first place was good work - just had it to Tomlin next time, Kieran.

But Tomlin's penalty v Charlton was atrocious!

No guarantees whoever takes them.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But Tomlin's penalty v Charlton was atrocious!

No guarantees whoever takes them.

It went it, so while it might sound dismissive to say; who cares?

Tomlin's kick might have been crap, but in a pressure game, it got us three points.  Agard might have been only going for a consultation, but he fluffed it; he should certainly not be taking any more spot kicks any time soon.

Agard has now twice stepped up and failed to find the net for us, as has Pack once, and while he might not win points for style, Tomlin has scored two (one for us, one for Bournemouth) since the turn of the year, so it should be his responsibility until he misses.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

It went it, so while it might sound dismissive to say; who cares?

Tomlin's kick might have been crap, but in a pressure game, it got us three points.  Agard might have been only going for a consultation, but he fluffed it; he should certainly not be taking any more spot kicks any time soon.

Agard has now twice stepped up and failed to find the net for us, as has Pack once, and while he might not win points for style, Tomlin has scored two (one for us, one for Bournemouth) since the turn of the year, so it should be his responsibility until he misses.

Fair enough, although I'd say they both fluffed their penalty but Tomlin got lucky.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough, although I'd say they both fluffed their penalty but Tomlin got lucky.

The state we're in; we need all the luck we can get.

And while I don't disagree, I do think penalties are a skill, and more often a mental one than technical one, and as much as I do like Agard, I think he lacks the composure for spot kicks, while Tomlin's self confidence is such i have zero doubt he'll score each time he goes up for one, just like JET.

If it came down to a last min pen to win today, I know who I'd rather have taking it.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

The state we're in; we need all the luck we can get.

And while I don't disagree, I do think penalties are a skill, and more often a mental one than technical one, and as much as I do like Agard, I think he lacks the composure for spot kicks, while Tomlin's self confidence is such i have zero doubt he'll score each time he goes up for one, just like JET.

If it came down to a last min pen to win today, I know who I'd rather have taking it.

Well I do agree with you there.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well I do agree with you there.

End of the day; I'd have O'Donnell taking them if he had a good record on then - it's all about the results until we're safe.

Thankfully Tuesday's nightmare and that miss haven't tripped us up on that quest, but I do hope if we get another pen this season that whoever takes it slams it home - never good for moral to miss them, unlucky or not.

Archived