IGNORED

hands up anyone....

Son of Fred

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Even if Kodjia was to get injured, we might be okay. Agard and Wilbs, Wilbs and Tomlin, Tomlin and Agard, they're all combinations that could work. If this did happen then I only really see us getting a back up player for those we already have, or we'd get Wes back.

That would seem to me to be the best option ATM. The loan window`s open till the end of March anyway and we should be all but safe by then. If we did get anyone in, I think it should be a player we`re looking to sign permanently in the summer TBH.

10 hours ago, harrys said:

Only 5 players in this division have scored more than JK, that includes top players like Hernandez, Wells, Grey and McCormack, bear in mind the fact that JK doesn't take penalties it is a tremendous return for his first season

Would have a few more I'd say with an experienced/proven striker for him to play off.I'm concerned Lee is going to leave this one until close season-with a knock or two and a dodgy few games results wise this could be major problem in the making...

13 hours ago, harrys said:

Only 5 players in this division have scored more than JK, that includes top players like Hernandez, Wells, Grey and McCormack, bear in mind the fact that JK doesn't take penalties it is a tremendous return for his first season

This is a point I've made a few times. New team,Country, League and most of all language. When we signed him I doubt anyone would have expected him to play as much as he has , or for such a good return, lets not forget it's been in a struggling team for much of the time as well. If things continue to go well  maybe we don't NEED a striker, but an option would be good and I think if JK did get injured we could have a goals drying up. 

Matt Smith is an interesting one. While I didn't think he would be the choice as our one loan to get goals now, with us making a better fist of things and if LJ is looking to replace Wilb's for next year then a Loan with agreement to buy may be an option. In fact I think if we have any targets not playing this year then I think it would be a good way to go , rather than getting someone fit for another team.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is a point I've made a few times. New team,Country, League and most of all language. When we signed him I doubt anyone would have expected him to play as much as he has , or for such a good return, lets not forget it's been in a struggling team for much of the time as well. If things continue to go well  maybe we don't NEED a striker, but an option would be good and I think if JK did get injured we could have a goals drying up. 

Matt Smith is an interesting one. While I didn't think he would be the choice as our one loan to get goals now, with us making a better fist of things and if LJ is looking to replace Wilb's for next year then a Loan with agreement to buy may be an option. In fact I think if we have any targets not playing this year then I think it would be a good way to go , rather than getting someone fit for another team.

The Smith one is tricky for Fulham. If they go down they`ll have to have a clearout but would look at him and see a player that`s done it in League 1. They`ve got no chance of keeping McCormick or Dembele so could see him as one to hang on to. I`d love him here though.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Even if he plays not a single minute more for Fulham this season, I do not see Matt Smith moving to us in loan.

With Fulham having slipped below us after their loss to Boro yesterday, I cannot see the benefit to them of lending any help to a fellow relegation threatened team (which it is clear they are if we still are).

I don't buy the concept we couldn't afford his wages, as come next year and our increased capacity I think we'll be competitive on that front, and I personally think he would be an asset at this level to us, and I also think the successful spell he had at the club last year would be a real bonus in trying to persuade him to move here.

However; it would be foolish to the point of negligence by his current club to let him go right now to us.  Better wait until summer when they'll be desperate to sell and shift players off the wage bill in order to avoid sanctions again, and to allow the new man to build.  I cannot see Smith wanting to stay another season there when he will obviously once again be a 4th or 5th choice striker, and what with his former manager now at the helm here, as well as many players he knows, I think that if we are still in this league we'd be a good option for him.

Archived