IGNORED

Egg Chasers

Esmond Million's Bung

4 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

The joke that is the rugby championship. The team that has essentially pissed the league for the five years has not gone up. Joke. 

it's the rules, so they knew what they were signing up for, bottling has been inexcusable none more so than last season, where their game management in the last 5 minutes was appalling.

24 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I think they'll do it this year. Though If I was the coach I'd be resting all the big guns until the play offs start. No point winning the title if they then balls up the play offs.

Going to watch the Cornish pirates game and thoroughly looking forward to it.

They generally have this season and only used the star players when required. They also seem to have stepped up defensively more. There isn't any Worcester like team this season. If they don't win it this season they never will 

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I think they'll do it this year. Though If I was the coach I'd be resting all the big guns until the play offs start. No point winning the title if they then balls up the play offs.

Going to watch the Cornish pirates game and thoroughly looking forward to it.

What annoyed me a few years ago was when Cornish beat Bristol in the PO Final, then announced they weren't going up as they were quite happy in the Championship.

1. What was their fans' reaction and 2. Why couldn't Bristol have taken their place in the Prem?

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Isn't the Prem having a 2-team expansion soon? And then pulling the ladder up on promotion/relegation? Utter shite if you ask me but ONCE Bristol get there they'll be a force to be reckoned with, no doubt about that in my mind. 

Nope it's staying as it is. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

What annoyed me a few years ago was when Cornish beat Bristol in the PO Final, then announced they weren't going up as they were quite happy in the Championship.

1. What was their fans' reaction and 2. Why couldn't Bristol have taken their place in the Prem?

2012? I thought it was the semi and Pirates lost to London Welsh in the final. Doubt Pirates current ground in Penzance would meet the standard anyway.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Usually I roll my eyes at people morning about other clubs being mentioned on here, but really? Rugby? Surely there's a non football forum this should be moved to?

(Sorry, got a Headache and feeling a but grouchy as a result as otherwise would let this side without a moan!!)

Cheer up you miserable xxxxxx. 

9 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

There should be two up and two down. Top of the table goes up automatically and a play off for the other spot.

The whole rugby playoff system is a farce.

Agreed. Playoff games only brought in to extend the season (ie more money). Being 1st in the league means nowt. At least give 1st place a guaranteed final spot if they want to continue mucking about with the playoff stuff.

12 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Usually I roll my eyes at people morning about other clubs being mentioned on here, but really? Rugby? Surely there's a non football forum this should be moved to?

(Sorry, got a Headache and feeling a but grouchy as a result as otherwise would let this side without a moan!!)

I'm probably wasting my breath but don't knock it till you tried it, maybe you have? But I for one had never been to a rugby match before I got a free ticket though the ST offer when SteveL got involved. It's very, very different to football (the crowd as much as the game) but I've only missed one home game this season, really hope Bristol do it. Not just because they are 'our' team more than ever now, but Bristol as a city would benefit from Premiership rugby.

15 hours ago, Tomarse said:

They generally have this season and only used the star players when required. They also seem to have stepped up defensively more. There isn't any Worcester like team this season. If they don't win it this season they never will 

Agreed. Defensively better and no other outstanding team like a London Welsh or Worcester should surely mean they do it this season.

Yorkshire have the second best attack in the division (after Bristol) and Bristol managed to restrict them to scoring only 7 pts at home yesterday.

14 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

To be honest when I posted it I did think that will piss somebody off but i'm sure that if it offends that much the mods would move it, one out of two ain't bad.

Had this problem whilst coaching Field Hockey in the States. Won the league by a mile (lost 1 game all season) but then lost in the first round of the play-offs in over time to the team ranked 8th. The 2 teams that reached the final we had beaten both home and away with an aggregate score off 22-3 !!

Gutted.

12 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

There should be two up and two down. Top of the table goes up automatically and a play off for the other spot.

The whole rugby playoff system is a farce.

It is a farce, the trouble with your suggestion is that the premiership only grudgingly let one team up from the championship, there's no way they'd allow two. One up one down with no playoffs would be the the fairest solution but would the championship clubs be willing to do away with the playoffs?

On 28/02/2016 at 18:05, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I see our egg chasing cohorts have already secured a play off place, let's hope that their annual bottling ceremony is postponed this year.

More bottling than Thatchers :(

Archived