IGNORED

Cracking little player...

spudski

it'd be fascinating to come back to this in ten years. So many kids who excel at this age end up never quite making the grade.  There's still so much that depends on luck, his ability to stay focussed and committed and how he copes when he starts to come up against players in higher age groups at a stronger level than he is used to.  Still, cracking talent and best of luck to him. 

Got a lot more skill now than i ever had in a lacklustre career of school yard football...

Seems like he does it a little too much though, can't help but think if he doesn't control the show boating in a few years once the lads all develop physically he'll get caught out way to many times.

He looks good - I suppose like everything, ball control is a wonderful asset, but is worth a hell of a lot less without composure. 

Not that I am a coach and some of the lads Master Hutchinson was playing with appear significantly bigger than him, but I am surprised that age group (u13?) is playing on such a large pitch. Since the drive the produce more technically gifted footballers in England, results being less important at the respective age groups, I would have thought a smaller pitch would have encouraged better technique and quickness of thought as there is less time on the ball.

Having said that, none of the video suggested anyone was getting long on the ball anyway.

Happy to be shot down by someone who knows!

2 minutes ago, awbb said:

He looks good - I suppose like everything, ball control is a wonderful asset, but is worth a hell of a lot less without composure. 

Not that I am a coach and some of the lads Master Hutchinson was playing with appear significantly bigger than him, but I am surprised that age group (u13?) is playing on such a large pitch. Since the drive the produce more technically gifted footballers in England, results being less important at the respective age groups, I would have thought a smaller pitch would have encouraged better technique and quickness of thought as there is less time on the ball.

Having said that, none of the video suggested anyone was getting long on the ball anyway.

Happy to be shot down by someone who knows!

Is there a chance that he could be playing in a older age group?

Some of those lads certainly seem a lot bigger than him!!

5 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Currently on loan since Christmas from Cheltenham to AFC Telford.

So, flying high then. 

And being released at the end of the season. 

Funny. Can you remember how excited we all were to sign a player who turned down a contract extension at Arsenal to join little old us!

Archived