IGNORED

Rotherham the biggest threat ?

Ashtonwurzel

Thing is I just don't think Rotherham have the quality to go on the kind of run we have. On top of which, even if Rotherham prove me wrong, mk dons now have to overhaul us too.

To my mind there is absolutely no question that our biggest threat is ourselves.  If we keep it together, nobody will catch us. If we fall back into what we were doing earlier in the season or against Brighton, that's where the threat lies.

43 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

They've won 8 games all season, Its an extremely difficult task. Hopefully they have more away games than home though as I can see them winning most of their homes games.

Next 2 home games are Boro and Derby, sandwiched between trips to Sheff Weds. and Ipswich.

It's not inconceivable they could lose all 4 of them.

Going to be a bumpy ride for a few of weeks, but I think we've got enough about us to keep or head above water. Beating Rotherham at home in early April will be the clincher, I hope.

58 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

They've won 8 games all season, Its an extremely difficult task. Hopefully they have more away games than home though as I can see them winning most of their homes games.

Really?  I think people are getting a bit carried away.  They've beaten a fairly mediocre Brentford team on Saturday but that's only their sixth home win all season (two more than us admittedly) and I think it's a bit premature to take as evidence they've turned the corner.  As glynriley says, their next four fixtures are tough.  One win from those four would be an achievement but also nowhere near enough.  If they can take more than 6 from Boro, Derby, Sheff Weds and Ispwich, I'll start to see them as a threat but I just can't see it. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Really?  I think people are getting a bit carried away.  They've beaten a fairly mediocre Brentford team on Saturday but that's only their sixth home win all season (two more than us admittedly) and I think it's a bit premature to take as evidence they've turned the corner.  As glynriley says, their next four fixtures are tough.  One win from those four would be an achievement but also nowhere near enough.  If they can take more than 6 from Boro, Derby, Sheff Weds and Ispwich, I'll start to see them as a threat but I just can't see it. 

Plus we have "secret agent" Warnock busy wrecking any togetherness and team dynamics they had in the changing room.

2 hours ago, Buckobcfc said:

being self employed may I ask what is a paid holiday?

Sure, us mortals employed by someone else are entitled (if in our contract) to paid leave, the self employed normally go on holiday with the tax savings they make with copious claims!!! :thumbsup:

As commented in another post I think we are the only team we should fear.

With recent results, quality in the team, Kodjia finding the net and momentum if we concentrate on what we need and have to do then we will be safe.

If the old City starts turning up ( defeat from jaws of victory) then jangly nerves could offer an escape route for other basement huggers who get on a roll.

I think Bolton and Charlton probably already down, but Rotherham could overtake MK or Fulham (who are dropping like a stone currently), sure we'll be OK though. Re next season LJ says we will strengthen but we will lose Baker and Tomlin who have made the difference for us (as well as Golbourne but fortunately we'll still have him), so we'll probably need 5 or 6 players in the Summer especially if loans are to be restricted as planned next season.

26 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Sure, us mortals employed by someone else are entitled (if in our contract) to paid leave, the self employed normally go on holiday with the tax savings they make with copious claims!!! :thumbsup:

Doesn't have to be in a contract, its European law that is seen by some as pesky red tape.

5 hours ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Stupid thread.

North Korea is THE biggest threat.

Followed by Putin, Obesity and cyclists.

Smell the coffee guys ............

:punish:

Uncle TFR

To me it feels like China.. they are building a lot of islands around here and that weakling Obama is doing nothing about it. Get the insane Trump in; he'll sort em out.

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Christ.  Let's not get into that debate.  It's got its own thread elsewhere...

Has it.. where be?

3 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

I'm struggling with this also. I can only imagine that it's a holiday you have paid for in some form or another. I think.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seriously? Is that some sort of new fangled thing? I like it.. who do I vote for? is it applicable for the self employed?

Archived