IGNORED

Rotherham the biggest threat ?

Ashtonwurzel

9 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Rotherham need to win 6 from 12 to get to 47 points.

Not likely ?

It's one of those threads that ignores all the teams around Rotherham. Example, we win 4 games to their 6, they are still behind us.

More a case of, this is all in our hands now. We've got the 8 point gap between the relegation zone and us. Let other teams worry about what's behind them for a change and we just need to carry on with our form.

I'm a lot more happier than I was and long may it continue.

COYR

Can't believe the fickle few are now convinced that we are as good as safe when a few weeks ago we were apparently doomed.

Neither is true yet. 

And the Warnock haters celebrating their demise are at best premature and at worst pig sh*t thick... if anyone can keep them up it will be him.

Hopefully he won't though. Or if he does he will catch the Franchise. In a perfect world they would drop. 

12 hours ago, Superjack said:

Can't believe the fickle few are now convinced that we are as good as safe when a few weeks ago we were apparently doomed.

Neither is true yet.

The "fickle" many, including me.

The reason is not the mere passage of a few weeks and some good results but rather:

New manager

New formation and tactics

New signings

All of which combined have turned us from one of the worst teams in the division to a half-decent one.

Whilst it is a truism that we are neither safe nor down until either is a mathematical certainty I fail to see how recognising the huge improvement in the team and the resultant points gained counts as being "fickle". 

All things are possible - We could be relegated - We could stay up - Rotherham the same scenario.

All things are not probable.

Am I fickle because I genuinely believed around Christmas and New Year that we were destined and now, because of several factors, am optimistic that we will probably stay up? Although the possibility does remain.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

All things are possible - We could be relegated - We could stay up - Rotherham the same scenario.

All things are not probable.

Am I fickle because I genuinely believed around Christmas and New Year that we were destined and now, because of several factors, am optimistic that we will probably stay up? Although the possibility does remain.

Best thing to say is we've given ourselves an excellent chance to stay up. Luckily the bottom 3 are all pure garbage so don't need to win that many games to stay up.

3 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Best thing to say is we've given ourselves an excellent chance to stay up. Luckily the bottom 3 are all pure garbage so don't need to win that many games to stay up.

It's not just the bottom three who are " garbage " , i believe that there are very few good  teams  in this division but many talented individuals who can turn a match .

We have a good team and a great spirit who should n't be anywhere near the relegation places but were thanks to the inadequacies of our old manager .

From now on we should only get better .

23 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do have to play MK in a week or two as well so win that and who knows?

Would we mind losing to them on 5th April if we were safe by then and it helped send MK down?

Why send MK down in favour of Rotherham ?

Not the old "franchise" argument still surely ?

Its funny how people look back at good old Wimbledon so fondly nowadays - they were anti footballing thugs.

I think out of the current bottom 3, Rotherham are the most likely to pull of a 'Great escape'. However, looking at their run in, they have some very tough games.

Sheff Weds -A

Borough - H

Derby - H

Ipswich - A

Leeds - H

City - A

Dons - A

Forst - H

Huddersfield - H

Wolves - A

Blackburn - H

Hull - A

I can't see them getting more than 15 points there, and I think that's being generous. That would mean city only need 3 wins, or 2 wins, 2 draws and a better goal difference.

If we get 10 points between now and the end of the season, they need 19 to guarantee being above us. The other 2 teams in the relegation zone are both 12 points behind us. So if we get 10 points between now and the end of the season, they will need 23 to guarantee being above us - no chance.

1 hour ago, WsM-Red said:

I think out of the current bottom 3, Rotherham are the most likely to pull of a 'Great escape'. However, looking at their run in, they have some very tough games.

Sheff Weds -A

Borough - H

Derby - H

Ipswich - A

Leeds - H

City - A

Dons - A

Forst - H

Huddersfield - H

Wolves - A

Blackburn - H

Hull - A

I can't see them getting more than 15 points there, and I think that's being generous. That would mean city only need 3 wins, or 2 wins, 2 draws and a better goal difference.

If we get 10 points between now and the end of the season, they need 19 to guarantee being above us. The other 2 teams in the relegation zone are both 12 points behind us. So if we get 10 points between now and the end of the season, they will need 23 to guarantee being above us - no chance.

That's a pretty good run of games for Rotherham imo and I think that they will leap frog MK Dons who will get relegated

Archived