IGNORED

On their way

Ashtonwurzel

3 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

El-Abd, Wagstaff, Wilbraham and Osborne will all leave. Agard will probably be sold, along with Fielding (possibly) and I can see Reid and Burns being released too. Williams is more likely to sign a new contract and I hope Korey does as well.

Reid started Saturday didn't he? Still part of the first team. Agree about Burns though.

I would guess that Fielding will kept for as long as he's happy at the club, we've been after a decent back-up / competition for our number one for a few seasons & now we have it I can't see us just letting it go again!!

I don't know who's out of contract this summer but I would guess that El Abd, Osbourne, Wagstaff, Wilbraham & Burns maybe looking at finding a new club this summer.

The others will probably be kept unless the club have better options available to them.

54 minutes ago, Super said:

Reid started Saturday didn't he? Still part of the first team. Agree about Burns though.

Reid probably started because the  squad is so small and there was no realistic alternative. Although he had a good game I can't see him being a first team regular next season. If he stays, it will only to be as a squad player so he might want to go

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Has Wilbs got another clause that says we have to offer another year if he plays a certain number of games? Whether he wants to sign or not is another matter of course.

I think he does and to be fair he could still do the job he is right now for another season but will he be happy with that or will an option for a 2 years contract with a lower league team be an option. He does seem to like us though.

He can be Matt Smiths back up !!

3 hours ago, Kodjia said:

El-Abd, Wagstaff, Wilbraham and Osborne will all leave. Agard will probably be sold, along with Fielding (possibly) and I can see Reid and Burns being released too. Williams is more likely to sign a new contract and I hope Korey does as well.

If we just release them that'd be crazy, must be a team out there willing to buy Reid, Burns I can understand letting go for nothing but not Reid.

3 hours ago, Kodjia said:

Didn't wilbs have a clause saying if he played a certain amount of games he gets another year. If so he's probably going to be here next season.

2 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Reid looks like a good bet for the future, LJ likes him, so cant see him going anywhere. 

I had to laugh when Radio Bristol announced the replacement for the injured Korey Smith at Forest as 'young Bristolian Academy product Bobby Reid.'

Young? One for the future? Does every one think he's still about 19?

Bobby's just 2 years younger than the City captain he replaced.

If he stays let's hope he can claim a regular starting place before he's 30.

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

He's only down the pecking order because we've got Baker and Pearce on loan.

What about when their loans finish???

I think he's down the pecking order because we've signed better players to replace him.

By his own admission this season was a struggle for him from the start, and it may well be L1 is his level.

I expect us to sign more central defenders in the Summer, and I'd imagine Williams' future at AG is very much up in the air.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I had to laugh when Radio Bristol announced the replacement for the injured Korey Smith at Forest as 'young Bristolian Academy product Bobby Reid.'

Young? One for the future? Does every one think he's still about 19?

Bobby's just 2 years younger than the City captain he replaced.

If he stays let's hope he can claim a regular starting place before he's 30.

Auden Flint only started playing league football at 21/22, so some players are late developers.

I think Reid is inconsistent, but to be fair to him, of the seven games he's started this season we've won four, drawn one and lost two, which suggests he can't be utterly terrible.  

Don't have a problem with him as a squad member; sure he's a pretty cost effective option compared to a number of players at other clubs performing a similar role.

6 hours ago, Kodjia said:

Don't want a bet on all that, do you?

With Baker and Tomlin unlikely to be with us next season we'd have a squad of 12 if all those players you suggested left.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Don't want a bet on all that, do you?

With Baker and Tomlin unlikely to be with us next season we'd have a squad of 12 if all those players you suggested left.

tbh I think Fielding and Agard will stay but I hope that we do offload as many players who aren't in LJ's plans as possible this window

City have an option to offer Reid and Burns a 1-year extension at terms agreed at the start of their contract.  If the club offer that agreed term, then if they choose not to accept, then any club taking them on will need to pay development compensation.

Personally I think we will definitely offer Wes a new deal, Bobby I hope so.

21 minutes ago, samo II said:

Auden Flint only started playing league football at 21/22, so some players are late developers.

I think Reid is inconsistent, but to be fair to him, of the seven games he's started this season we've won four, drawn one and lost two, which suggests he can't be utterly terrible.  

Don't have a problem with him as a squad member; sure he's a pretty cost effective option compared to a number of players at other clubs performing a similar role.

You could be right but Bobby Reid has been on City's books for about 15 years, has he not? Plenty of time, even since he got his first pro. contract, for his potential to be assessed?

Rather different from a bloke who steps out of the tough world of non league football at 21/22 and then takes every challenge and step up in his stride.

Reid and Flint are chalk and cheese - Flint's had to work like hell for his success, 23 year old Bobby has been comparatively molly coddled and is still living on perceived potential.

Do you think City would be looking to sign BR if he was at a L1/2 club now?

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You could be right but Bobby Reid has been on City's books for about 15 years, has he not? Plenty of time, even since he got his first pro. contract, for his potential to be assessed?

Rather different from a bloke who steps out of the tough world of non league football at 21/22 and then takes every challenge and step up in his stride.

Reid and Flint are chalk and cheese - Flint's had to work like hell for his success, 23 year old Bobby has been comparatively molly coddled and is still living on perceived potential.

Do you think City would be looking to sign BR if he was at a L1/2 club now?

Possibly not, but I was just tempering the perspective that he's of no value; he's put in some good performances this season, and I think he'll rightly get a shot to show what he can do the remainder of the season, and also rightly either sign on for longer or not this summer off the back of it.

Not saying he's the messiah, but not saying he's a naughty boy either; he's in the squad and starting in winning teams at the moment, so I'll reserve judgement until the summer - not like we're likely to sign much more cover before then, and Gladwin going back, plus Wes being out on loan means he'll get his chance.

And as I do for every player, I hope he takes it.  If not, sure he'll leave.

59 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think he's down the pecking order because we've signed better players to replace him.

By his own admission this season was a struggle for him from the start, and it may well be L1 is his level.

I expect us to sign more central defenders in the Summer, and I'd imagine Williams' future at AG is very much up in the air.

The only other player signed permanently is Golbourne, a left back.

I think it was a struggle for all of our defence this season from the start until we changed to a back four, which Williams has not yet had a chance to play in.

He certainly struggled as a wing back, but I think he may still have enough to offer as a centre back or a full back in a back four.

As you say though, It all depends if we do sign central defenders in the summer.

6 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Williams is a must keep. He is still young but a good left sided centre back and one that will get better. Yes baker and Pearce are better but we have only brought them in to steady the rot and keep our league status. Williams is longer term and people shouldn't be so quick to dismiss him

And he`s the only cover we`ve got for Scott barring Joe who`s wasted back there.

Archived