IGNORED

Who do we risk losing in the summer ?

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

All talk is of new additions to the squad but will we lose some of our first teamers in the summer ?

Joe Bryan must surely be on the radar of Everton at least ? 

Would Kodjia be on Pulis shopping list ? 

Everton now have money they won't be interested in Bryan.

I love Flint but if he scores a few more, I wouldn't be surprised if some bids come in. He's surely impressed some defensively as well as we've had some solid defensive displays and unless you're one of those teams we've given up 4 to, then he's probably looked comfortable. If a good bid came in, then I wouldn't be too upset to see him go, assuming we've got the cover lined up. 

Korey surely will have interest but he's our captain and hope we don't have to sell. Give him a pay rise immediately. 

Baker will have interest. He's not out player but you have to assume keeping him will be close to impossible if rumours about his wage are correct. I'd love to see him stay though. 

Kodjia is an interesting one. Will we get large bids for him? If not, then no reason to let him go. He's only going to be better in his second season with a full summer training session. We are looking to build and shouldn't be in selling mode unless we get well above fair offers. 

Kodjia and Smith are the only 2 I realistically see moving up in the summer, but as said before we shouldn't be in a position where we have to sell so Kodjia we can hold out for a good offer and Smith we should be trying to get to sign a new contract anyway, a club or two may be interested in Flint but given how important he is to us and how short we will be for CB's in the summer he be let go for anything other than a ridiculous offer.

Kodjia and Smith are the two I would least like to see go, and probably the two we're most likely to have to fight to keep. Smith in particular is such a complete player in his position, I could see him at a lower end Prem team.

Holding onto both of them is as important as new signings in my opinion. I can't see how we can progress by selling them.

If McCarthy and Dyche and a couple more bought our better players last time we were relegated, I reckon McCarthy and a few other midtable managers in this league would be interested in some of our players this season too, whether we stay up or not

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

If McCarthy and Dyche and a couple more bought our better players last time we were relegated, I reckon McCarthy and a few other midtable managers in this league would be interested in some of our players this season too, whether we stay up or not

Did Ipswich pay a fee for any of the players they signed from us previously?

I know Skuse was OOC & Anderson was part of the swap deal for JET but did they pay for Gerken?

This time around he won't get a cheap deals, so he'll probably look elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Did Ipswich pay a fee for any of the players they signed from us previously?

I know Skuse was OOC & Anderson was part of the swap deal for JET but did they pay for Gerken?

This time around he won't get a cheap deals, so he'll probably look elsewhere.

Good point. Paying a big fee is another matter. Still, wouldn't be surprised to see some interest in the players doing so well now. They have all shown such excellent attitude as well as ability

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Good point. Paying a big fee is another matter. Still, wouldn't be surprised to see some interest in the players doing so well now. They have all shown such excellent attitude as well as ability

Trouble is a lot of these supposed "bigger clubs", Wolves, Blackburn, Forest, Ipswich etc don't tend to be in a position to want / be able to pay a decent fee (or what I'd be looking for), for the likes of Kodjia, Smith & Flint!!

They all seem to be looking abroad or to the lower leagues (in the hope of a Vardy) or even the OOC players that are out there.

But of course, all it takes is for the players agent to get wind that their player is interesting one of the above clubs & knowing that the player can get a better wage at one of those clubs & then we have an unhappy player on our hands & then we have problems!!

3 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Joey Bryan, based on what? He's done absolutely nothing this season.

Scored the winner at Boro. That's hardly ' absolutely nothing'.

Hit the post, which led to our equaliser on Sat. That's hardly ' absolutely nothing'.

That's 4 pts (or 6) he's had a large part in. We could be 4 pts, not 8, ahead of the trapdoor.

He has had a poor season in comparison to last year, but doesn't look out of place in the Championship on the whole. I'm with him on this one.

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

We should try to do a similar thing this year depending on who goes down, Jordan Cousins from Charlton would be a great 3rd choice centre mid

27 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Scored the winner at Boro. That's hardly ' absolutely nothing'.

Hit the post, which led to our equaliser on Sat. That's hardly ' absolutely nothing'.

That's 4 pts (or 6) he's had a large part in. We could be 4 pts, not 8, ahead of the trapdoor.

He has had a poor season in comparison to last year, but doesn't look out of place in the Championship on the whole. I'm with him on this one.

Cross for Wilbs v QPR.

Pass to Kodjia for his second goal at Dons.

Joe's cv is coming on nicely

I could see a team like Burnley coming in for Korey Smith, I think he suits their style of play and team dynamics. I wouldn't be surprised if someone enquired about the likes of Flint, Kodjia, but we don't need to sell. Perhaps keeping our key players at the club (including Tomlin & Baker) should be a priority in early summer before we think about other signings, then if we know they are definitely leaving we can think about bringing in replacements. 

14 hours ago, Shtanley said:

We should try to do a similar thing this year depending on who goes down, Jordan Cousins from Charlton would be a great 3rd choice centre mid

That's the thing, if we are going to go for promotion next season(not that I think we will) like lansdown has said then we need to be looking for better players than we already have. Making the likes of pack our third choice. Saying that it seems that was the plan last summer and look what happened then 

I hope someone puts a bid in for any one of our players soon.

Can't wait for a response of either 'no thanks', 'never heard of you', 'you must be joking', 'i demand to be your top paid player', 'he is worth three times that' or 'i asked my dad and he just laughed'. 

Oh to be on the giving end not the receiving end for once would help fix a number of scars....

3 hours ago, WsM-Red said:

I could see a team like Burnley coming in for Korey Smith, I think he suits their style of play and team dynamics. I wouldn't be surprised if someone enquired about the likes of Flint, Kodjia, but we don't need to sell. Perhaps keeping our key players at the club (including Tomlin & Baker) should be a priority in early summer before we think about other signings, then if we know they are definitely leaving we can think about bringing in replacements. 

There is very little chance of Tomlin and Baker being at AG next season

23 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

There is very little chance of Tomlin and Baker being at AG next season

Why do you say this ? 

I understand for Baker that Villa may want him view his Championship experience ( clever move by them :whistle2:) and he's on high wages  but Tomlin ?

Way down the list at Bournemouth  :blink: and despite lip service from the player and his parent club i'm sure that he will be on his way in the summer .

It's probably more down to us to push the boat out to sign him or bring in quality from else where to take his place .

40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why do you say this ? 

I understand for Baker that Villa may want him view his Championship experience ( clever move by them :whistle2:) and he's on high wages  but Tomlin ?

Way down the list at Bournemouth  :blink: and despite lip service from the player and his parent club i'm sure that he will be on his way in the summer .

It's probably more down to us to push the boat out to sign him or bring in quality from else where to take his place .

I agree he will be gone from Bournemouth in all likelihood, but I would expect wages to be a bit of a snag for us. Don't misunderstand I would love to have him here , he has made a huge difference and is always talking to the players around him offering guidance.

Archived