IGNORED

Who do we risk losing in the summer ?

Major Isewater

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Why do you say this ? 

I understand for Baker that Villa may want him view his Championship experience ( clever move by them :whistle2:) and he's on high wages  but Tomlin ?

Way down the list at Bournemouth  :blink: and despite lip service from the player and his parent club i'm sure that he will be on his way in the summer .

It's probably more down to us to push the boat out to sign him or bring in quality from else where to take his place .

Tomlin was a regular in a team which almost made the Prem last season. Half a season doesn't suddenly change that.

Most of our players wil be looked at.

Koge

Bryan

Smith

Flint

Freeman

Reid 

Pack

The list is long. We are building with young players exactly for this reason. If we make it they will have a year under there belt and most seem to be enjoying being unshackled by 3-5-2. Even Wes has gone away and is playing well....Long may it continue and it makes a serious change? Doesn't it!?

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Most of our players wil be looked at.

Koge

Bryan

Smith

Flint

Freeman

Reid 

Pack

The list is long. We are building with young players exactly for this reason. If we make it they will have a year under there belt and most seem to be enjoying being unshackled by 3-5-2. Even Wes has gone away and is playing well....Long may it continue and it makes a serious change? Doesn't it!?

Really don't see top Championship teams looking at too many on that list really, and if they did we could ask for a pretty penny, unless we wanted rid, again unlikely.

I include Kodjia in that too, he has scored a good few goals but as LJ pointed out he needs to work on a lot of things and would be an expensive buy - because I am sure we would look for a hefty fee, when more " complete" options would be available. My fear is that as he improves we may not be able to keep him at the end of next season , unless we go up, and I significantly doubt that will happen.

Wouldn't be surprised, will probably want first team action, now we have O'Donnell that will be limited providing he stays fit. He's signed a new contract fairly recently and likely to be on decent wages so that could be freed up for elsewhere. Either find someone else for a #2 or Max didn't do a bad job when called upon.

Unless there are rediculous offers tabled for either Kodjia or Smith then we cannot let them leave. 

You don't progress by selling your best players. Unless of course the fee is so high that it allows a replacement that is better. 

We know the going rate for strikers in this league. And we really ought to have Korey in a similar bracket. Minimum 8/10 preformances week-in, week-out and our Captain.

By the same theory, I'd listen to serious offers from anyone for anyone, so long as the offers allowed us to replace with better, proven players.

Sticking with what we have, these players are only going to get better playing at this level.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't be surprised, will probably want first team action, now we have O'Donnell that will be limited providing he stays fit. He's signed a new contract fairly recently and likely to be on decent wages so that could be freed up for elsewhere. Either find someone else for a #2 or Max didn't do a bad job when called upon.

I say send Max on loan for a year

On 01/03/2016 at 15:59, Major Isewater said:

All talk is of new additions to the squad but will we lose some of our first teamers in the summer ?

Joe Bryan must surely be on the radar of Everton at least ? 

Would Kodjia be on Pulis shopping list ? 

Joe Bryan to Everton? Must be watching a different City team to me. Struggled thus year, although recently improved. 

The only player we own who is likely to be a target for other clubs is Smith and what a loss that would be 

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Really don't see top Championship teams looking at too many on that list really, and if they did we could ask for a pretty penny, unless we wanted rid, again unlikely.

I include Kodjia in that too, he has scored a good few goals but as LJ pointed out he needs to work on a lot of things and would be an expensive buy - because I am sure we would look for a hefty fee, when more " complete" options would be available. My fear is that as he improves we may not be able to keep him at the end of next season , unless we go up, and I significantly doubt that will happen.

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Eh? No

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-eyeing-2million-summer-7479843

So says the Mirror!

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Paper talk, particularly as Pulis has indicated that this may be his last season at West Brom, and 2m!! No chance would we except that from a massively wealthy EPL given the new TV deal.

Sunderland? Maybe if they come down, that could be a goer depending on who stays and who goes IF they get relegated.

16 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Who do we risk keeping in the summer?

All but Smith, Bryan and Kodjia

This season is the end of the Bristol City DNA

We can do so much better but we are Bristol City

Let's continue with the same old shit for another 100 years. No worries.

Make mine a pint of whatever he's drinking   guiness.gif

21 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Paper talk, particularly as Pulis has indicated that this may be his last season at West Brom, and 2m!! No chance would we except that from a massively wealthy EPL given the new TV deal.

Sunderland? Maybe if they come down, that could be a goer depending on who stays and who goes IF they get relegated.

We will agree to disagree about who may be looking and bidding on many of our players as it seems does the Mirror regarding the original comment!

Yes it is a possibility Pullis has had enough of WBA, however new management is not 'necessarily' a barrier even if he does leave as we have already seen here. Are they really interested who knows but 24 goals in 120 appearances from CB is a very powerful reason. As for 2m City will negotiate a better deal of course as we will not be having to sell until the right number is hit.

My original point was clubs will be looking at our players, League 1 Champs, playing good football after the dismissal of SC and gaining experience many/most under 25, which is how the club are looking to bridge the gap between earnings and spending. It seems the Mirror have something or are pulling story's out their ass, but the stats are a powerful incentive for anyone, between us and the top ten in the prem to be at least be interested in looking in Flints case  

Archived