IGNORED

Steve Lansdown net worth up to $1.91 billion (2016)

TheCulturalBomb

11 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

As reported by Forbes newly released list. Lets hope a few million hits the summer transfer market. Now the #959 richest person in the world up by nearly 100 on last year.

Forbes - Steve Lansdown

Doesn't it say somewhere in that report (I've not read it again) that this is the result of some poor investment performances last year..! 

**** me. I wish I could make a few poor investments like SL! 

This just reiterates that Wael's wealth compared to Lansdown's is basically irrelevant; at billionaire level, there is nothing in football that Wael could afford to do that Lansdown couldn't, even if he was technically richer. The only difference is we have a massive head start in terms of progress on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Doesn't it say somewhere in that report (I've not read it again) that this is the result of some poor investment performances last year..! 

**** me. I wish I could make a few poor investments like SL! 

Bristol Sport being one em I'd guess.  Look at Peter Hargreaves, I swear all he does is go home and counts his money. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I just hope that following the completion of a redeveloped Ashton Gate, achieving Category 1 status for the Academy is next on Steve's shopping list.

Very good shout. Cat 1 status accadamy is key now. If you have that you are laughing. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I just hope that following the completion of a redeveloped Ashton Gate, achieving Category 1 status for the Academy is next on Steve's shopping list.

What is the difference between Category 1 and Category 2? What do we need to spend ?

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Where's Wael??

Wael that would be a good question.

Wael have to wait and see if some magic accounting takes place at SGR

Wael I'll go and get my coat

There are 50 home grown UK billionaires. The UK population is about 50 to 60 million. By my reckoning, that makes SL one in a million (give or take a few here and there. I dunno. You do the math).

Steve: you are one in a million. 

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What , exactly , is missing from our Academy that would need to change to get Cat 1 status? Was it full size indoor pitch or did I dream that , can't be too much and the step up could be massive  for us. Will proximity of other Academies count against us ?

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What , exactly , is missing from our Academy that would need to change to get Cat 1 status? Was it full size indoor pitch or did I dream that , can't be too much and the step up could be massive  for us. Will proximity of other Academies count against us ?

I think it's down to amount of funds allocated to the academy per year, something like £2.5M + is the going rate for cat 1.  Also there needs to be a ratio of around 1 coach for every 8 players at the academy.  I'm sure there are other stipulations. 

This is quite a good write up on the differences between cat 1 and a cat 3 at Watford http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/9877884.What_is_the_difference_between_a_Category_1_and_3_Academy_/?ref=rss

OK.... IF Steve L TURNED UP ON YOUR DOORSTEP AND SAID ......

Hi, I always wondered if other people were as wealthy as me what they would do with the money. So I'm here today to hand over half of my readies to you, its to do with whatever you wish to do...anything goes and it is yours to keep no matter what - here you go, a cheque for just under £1billion .... enjoy! 

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR BILLION??? 

7 hours ago, howey_ducky said:

I think it's down to amount of funds allocated to the academy per year, something like £2.5M + is the going rate for cat 1.  Also there needs to be a ratio of around 1 coach for every 8 players at the academy.  I'm sure there are other stipulations. 

This is quite a good write up on the differences between cat 1 and a cat 3 at Watford http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/9877884.What_is_the_difference_between_a_Category_1_and_3_Academy_/?ref=rss

Thanks for the link.  The article also mentions that floodlit grass pitches, an indoor surface and match analysis suites are compulsory for Cat 1 status.  I doubt we have these facilities at Failand?

I'd love it, if secretly Steve was like Di Caprios portrayal of Jordan Belfort.

Actually, beneath the calm image, is a party animal. 

As for what I'd do with my money, probably go into land ownership and property development. Essentially a license to print money if you ever were able to generate the start up capital in the first place. 

13 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

There are 50 home grown UK billionaires. The UK population is about 50 to 60 million. By my reckoning, that makes SL one in a million (give or take a few here and there. I dunno. You do the math).

Steve: you are one in a million.

Here you go mate, you dropped this:

s

5 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I'd love it, if secretly Steve was like Di Caprios portrayal of Jordan Belfort.

Actually, beneath the calm image, is a party animal. 

As for what I'd do with my money, probably go into land ownership and property development. Essentially a license to print money if you ever were able to generate the start up capital in the first place. 

tbh most billionaires are really dull, they have to be to be that successful, its the upper echelon millionaires that are probably more bananas 

Archived