IGNORED

LJ is just not seeing it

Redmycolour

Just why cant he see we're in desperate need of a striker.sorry dont rate Kodyia.he wont pass The ball.he tries to walk it into the net.Wilbs is not good enough for championship.we let Burns out on loan.WHY.Agard knows where the net is but not being given the chance.but not with penalties.come on LEE before its too late.I know a few wont agree.but im entitled to my opinion.

You don't rate a striker who has scored 12 league goals in 33 starts playing his first season of English football (better than 1 in 3) in a relegation threatened side? Ok, there are flaws to his game, if there weren't he wouldn't be here, but he's a far better option than Wilbraham or Agard.

Lee probably would like a striker, but who out there is realistic? Name a striker who is attainable, affordable and will come here who you reckon will score more goals than Kodjia between now and may.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You don't rate a striker who has scored 12 league goals in 33 starts playing his first season of English football (better than 1 in 3) in a relegation threatened side? Ok there are flaws to his game, if there weren't he wouldn't be here, but he's a far better option than Wilbraham or Agard.

Lee probably would like a striker, but who out there is realistic? Name a striker who is attainable, affordable and will come here who you reckon will score more goals than Kodjia between now and may.

The answer to your question is there is no one I reckon lee probably thinks this squad is good enough to keep us up(I agree) and we will only see someone come in an emergency, the summer we will see more people in then!!!

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You don't rate a striker who has scored 12 league goals in 33 starts playing his first season of English football (better than 1 in 3) in a relegation threatened side? Ok there are flaws to his game, if there weren't he wouldn't be here, but he's a far better option than Wilbraham or Agard.

He won't because he can't, but it's unreasonable that LJ hasn't found this four-leaf clover on loan just yet. Boooooooooo

13 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Just why cant he see we're in desperate need of a striker.sorry dont rate Kodyia.he wont pass The ball.he tries to walk it into the net.Wilbs is not good enough for championship.we let Burns out on loan.WHY.Agard knows where the net is but not being given the chance.but not with penalties.come on LEE before its too late.I know a few wont agree.but im entitled to my opinion.

Don't rate our top scorer and think Agard should be given a chance....?

Without Kodjia we would be in a far worse situation. We do need another striker but where can we get one better than we have at this stage?

Yeah our lack of goals is definitely Kodjia's fault, let's ignore that him and Flint are the only players at the club that ever look like scoring. I'd be interested to know if there is another player in the league that has scored a greater share of his teams goals than Kodjia..

Meanwhile the midfield should be ashamed.

Reid 0, Bryan 1, Smith 0, Pack 0, Tomlin 1 penalty and Luke 'never scored a goal at Ashton Gate' Freeman one massively deflected goal that he should take no credit for.

But yeah, let's blame Kodjia.

Precisely.  My guess is that Lee and the others know full well we need a second striker with experience, but the problem is who and from where

How people can dismiss Kodjia is truly beyond me.  In his first season at this level, in a strange country (where football fans don't rate a 12goal scoring forward, and even with part of the season still to come), and then in a side that has struggled all season,  I think he has done remarkably well.

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He won't because he can't, but it's unreasonable that LJ hasn't found this four-leaf clover on loan just yet. Boooooooooo

Exactly, if we stay up I can see us spending big on a forward. Lansdown obviously likes Lee (I'd wager a fair bit more than SC!) and will want to give him the best possible chance next season, especially if he wants 20k+ crowds regularly.

Hopefully Lee can tempt them and our wage budget is a bit more malleable than last summer..

I agree; it is utter madness that in the single calendar month (none of which was inside the transfer window) that LJ has been in charge we've not gone out and brought in one of the many in-form strikers with experience at this level that are both available and willing to move clubs with 11 games left to a team still in a relegation scrap, more so when our only striker with any real game time under his belt has only scored three times in his last four games.

I mean, why not sack him now and get it done with, eh?  He clearly "doesn't get it", even after we've won three of his five matches.

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Remember when we bought Agard, rather quickly to fill a gap, Rotherham just promoted to the Championship and with him scoring freely for them in league1, didn't rate him as a championship player and offloaded to us.

I think it was pragmatic. We knew he wasn't as good as Baldock but would score goals in that league. The Baldock sale offset our expenditure on Freeman, Smith etc and was a wise move. We probably knew Baldock was going all summer. 

Kodyia? Kodjia has scored 12 league goals, with a ratio of 1 goal per 2.58 games.

That is a very decent record at this level for a first season with a team in a relegation dogfight. 

If you'd be happy to write off the 14 points that his 12 goals have won us then that would put us on 23 points, bottom of the league with a GD of -36. Triffic.

He's not going to get it right every time which is why he plays for Bristol City and not Barcelona. As for our other options, if they were better than JK, they'd be starting. They're getting minutes, but they're not doing anything with them. 

We've had 4 men in charge of this team over the course of thisseason and all of them choose to start with Kodjia. More than a coincidence.

If there's a player that has individually contributed more to our league position whilst carrying the same level of pressure and expectation I'd like to know who they are. 

45 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Utter drivel. I'm entitled to my opinion.

36 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah our lack of goals is definitely Kodjia's fault, let's ignore that him and Flint are the only players at the club that ever look like scoring. I'd be interested to know if there is another player in the league that has scored a greater share of his teams goals than Kodjia..

Reid 0, Bryan 1, Smith 0, Pack 0, Tomlin 1 penalty and Luke 'never scored a goal at Ashton Gate' Freeman one massively deflected goal that he should take no credit for.

Well there is a topic on here called interesting watch from Friday or Saturday. It's a piece called know your opponent by Cardiff focusing on Bristol City as we were their next opponent. I'm quite sure it stated Kodjia has the highest percentage of goals for his team in the division at something like 39%. So the answer would be no one has a greater share of goals for his team. All from a guy that didn't speak much English at the start of the season, never played academy football, doesn't get service, never played so many games let alone so many over the winter months and is being asked to play a style(lately) that doesn't suit him. So I agree completely. How anyone can try and slate Kodjia is beyond me. Wilbs had a decent rate for a 36 year old. Flint is an amazing asset for scoring, after that it gets utterly dire. Agard hasn't shown too much to be honest. I'd give him a go on the wing but where is our midfield? Joe Bryan, Luke Freeman, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith, and Bobby Reid have 1 midfield goal between them. Joe Bryan and Derrick Williams have 1 each from wingback spot. Add Elliott Bennett and Mark Little to it and we have 4 goals to anyone that has played close to a midfield spot. This from 35-36 games and is awful. 1 from 9 ratio yet it's Kodjia's fault we aren't scoring? 

If we stay up, we need a major midfield overhaul. I like most of our midfield but not most as starters. The midfield needs to be more of a threat scoring and playmaking. Defenders have gotten better. Need someone to push/cover/pair with Kodjia. Basically this team has about 4 or 5 good championship starters here for next season. Kodjia, Smith, Flint, Golbourne and O'Donnell. I'd be looking to replace everyone else. I'd keep Tomlin and Baker if I could but will be tough to acquire them permanently. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You don't rate a striker who has scored 12 league goals in 33 starts playing his first season of English football (better than 1 in 3) in a relegation threatened side? Ok, there are flaws to his game, if there weren't he wouldn't be here, but he's a far better option than Wilbraham or Agard.

To be honest it's the right sentiment but for the wrong reason, it's not Kodja's fault he's working hard and scoring at a good rate, BUT we do desperately need another striker , at times in the last two home games it has been so easy for the other teams as we are not offering any great threat , have more time than many for wilbs and Agard  but we lack quality at the top end and it could yet prove very costly, LJ should not waste time on worrying too much about upsetting the boys , I believe there biggest wish is to still be championship players at the end of the season and whatever it takes, do it now , you should strengthen when your strong and even with yesterday's god awful day we still are ahead of the game , for now!

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

This.

We have the lowest number of different scorers in The Championship (10) and 6 of those have scored only once.

Clearly this is all the fault of our major goal threat.

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

I don't believe you

YOU RATE AGARD!

You want to take up another sport

JK has more goals than Nicky Maynard in his first full season, by 2 goals and he hasn't got to the end yet.

55 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Kodyia? Kodjia has scored 12 league goals, with a ratio of 1 goal per 2.58 games.

Andre Gray scored 16 in his first season at this level and warranted £9m bids. Still Kodjia's crap according to some delusionaries. 

Kodjia is really good, but he needs the pressure taken off of him.

Wilbraham is very good but his age is starting to get the better of him.

Agard needs more time to become the best player that he can be.

The rest are just out of the academy.

City absolutely need one more quality centre forward. It's so obvious.

37 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well there is a topic on here called interesting watch from Friday or Saturday. It's a piece called know your opponent by Cardiff focusing on Bristol City as we were their next opponent. I'm quite sure it stated Kodjia has the highest percentage of goals for his team in the division at something like 39%. So the answer would be no one has a greater share of goals for his team. All from a guy that didn't speak much English at the start of the season, never played academy football, doesn't get service, never played so many games let alone so many over the winter months and is being asked to play a style(lately) that doesn't suit him. So I agree completely. How anyone can try and slate Kodjia is beyond me. Wilbs had a decent rate for a 36 year old. Flint is an amazing asset for scoring, after that it gets utterly dire. Agard hasn't shown too much to be honest. I'd give him a go on the wing but where is our midfield? Joe Bryan, Luke Freeman, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith, and Bobby Reid have 1 midfield goal between them. Joe Bryan and Derrick Williams have 1 each from wingback spot. Add Elliott Bennett and Mark Little to it and we have 4 goals to anyone that has played close to a midfield spot. This from 35-36 games and is awful. 1 from 9 ratio yet it's Kodjia's fault we aren't scoring? 

If we stay up, we need a major midfield overhaul. I like most of our midfield but not most as starters. The midfield needs to be more of a threat scoring and playmaking. Defenders have gotten better. Need someone to push/cover/pair with Kodjia. Basically this team has about 4 or 5 good championship starters here for next season. Kodjia, Smith, Flint, Golbourne and O'Donnell. I'd be looking to replace everyone else. I'd keep Tomlin and Baker if I could but will be tough to acquire them permanently. 

I initially considered this to be harsh, but you are right, next season is huge for the likes of freeman, bryan, ayling, williams etc. They were too good for league 1, but will have had this season to get used to the championship. Next season they have to turn into good championship players.

practically speaking, we need someone like judge in midfield with corey smith, and we probably need to take a view on little, fielding, agard and wilbs on whether they are the future for us. If we had matt smith, nahki wells and kodjia, and tomlin to pull the strings, that would be a considerable upgrade on what we have had this season, and thats the sort of quality we will need to compete.

We desperately need a playmaker who chips in with the odd goal in our midfield. Without JK we would be dead and buried. The stats for our midfield is really grim. I believe we have the lowest number of shots on goal from our midfield than any other team in the championship coupled with the lowest number of goals and that's where our proles are and not from JK.

Don't rate 'Kodyia' but bemoaning Wes going out on loan. Wow, I'm done. 

While we're at it lets get that Tomlin out and give Bobby some more games..

By the way, only five players in the league have score more goals than the striker you're moaning about. Our problem all season has been that we are not dangerous from anywhere else in the team other than the odd corner. 

I think this "not seeing" by LJ, as you put it, can be understood as "man management." I reckon one reason he has not insisted, or "banged on," publicly about needing to get in a goal scorer because he is acutely aware of the impact of this on the forwards we have here. 

That, and the other reasons mentioned above, ie, there are few if any better options available to loan; and the rest of the team need to contribute.

I get your frustration, I think we all share it. But even if he was publicly talking about bringing goalscorers in - and you then could see that LJ "sees it" - that won't necessarily bring a goal scorer in anymore than saying nothing. Last summer shows us that

Archived