IGNORED

LJ is just not seeing it

Redmycolour

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Maybe I, and others expected a striker that LJ could deliver with his massive amount of contacts :) 

Looks like we've managed to secure Adam Matthews. A good player and current international in a position we needed from a Premiership side. Good enough evidence of his contacts?

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

Maybe I, and others expected a striker that LJ could deliver with his massive amount of contacts :) 

You might have to wait. You might want to adjust your expectations. You could do with paying attention to all that he says, unless you are merely interested in having a pop 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks like we've managed to secure Adam Matthews. A good player and current international in a position we needed from a Premiership side. Good enough evidence of his contacts?

I'm not in the LJ bashing camp by any means but SC was close to securing Matthews before he got the chop.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

I'm not in the LJ bashing camp by any means but SC was close to securing Matthews before he got the chop.

I remember that actually, wasn't sure if it was Matthews or someone else. Wasn't SC after Tomlin too? I suppose it's a good thing if there's continuity with player identification/scouting under different management.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes evidence that he does not have contacts to bring in a player where we need one, with Little and now Ayling back fit, is this our most pressing position to fill with the limits on loans

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Yes evidence that he does not have contacts to bring in a player where we need one, with Little and now Ayling back fit, is this our most pressing position to fill with the limits on loans

I really rate Matthews and he's an improvement in what we have at right back. Little hasn't quite looked the same to me since his injury and Ayling will take a while to get fit. I think LJ will use Ayling as a defensive midfielder as he alluded to last week. For me, it's a sensible signing and improvement on what we have which will only help us.

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

If the striker is simply not there or available, to then not loan someone like Matthews is 'cutting-off-nose-to-spite-face' isn't it?!!!!!

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really rate Matthews and he's an improvement in what we have at right back. Little hasn't quite looked the same to me since his injury and Ayling will take a while to get fit. I think LJ will use Ayling as a defensive midfielder as he alluded to last week. For me, it's a sensible signing and improvement on what we have which will only help us.

Don't disagree its a good signing, but what worries me is we seem to be more lacking in other areas and the impact this has on us to make further loan signings

21 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Don't disagree its a good signing, but what worries me is we seem to be more lacking in other areas and the impact this has on us to make further loan signings

In my eyes it was probably a position second in priority only to a forward that needed fresh impetus. Problem is I can't think of any forwards who are available, fit or realistic. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I remember that actually, wasn't sure if it was Matthews or someone else. Wasn't SC after Tomlin too? I suppose it's a good thing if there's continuity with player identification/scouting under different management.

Macheda supposedly 

Kodjia is a great player to have, he just isn't a lone striker build, he's the second striker who breaks the line whilst the other striker is being marked up kind of striker. The idea that he's the right striker for us with 1 up top is wrong, he's got a lot to offer but he needs to be given a bit more freedom and he won't get that as a lone striker, or at least not in a team where he's the only real threat.

Our real issue is the midfield, just look at them:

• Korey Smith - 0 goals in 33 games. Great defensively but offers nothing in the scoring department
  • Lee Tomlin - 1 goal in 7 games. 
  • Bobby Ried - 0 goals in 21 appearances
  • Luke Freeman - 1 goal in 34 appearances
  • Wes Burns - 1 goal in 17 appearances
  • Marlon Pack - 0 goals in 37 appearances

So our whole midfield has scored less goals combined than Flint!! One more goal from Flint and he's scored twice as many goals as our midfield combined. Add that to the fact that Wilbs has only scored 6 in 23 and it makes you wonder why we keep using Agard as a sub too as he has made 19 sub appearances and only score 3 to go with his 6 starts.

Our problem with goals is certainly not Kodjia, hell if we didn't have him we'd be smack bang bottom and in the shit big time! Our issue is our midfield doesn't contribute and unless you have a 30 goals a season striker then you can't get away with that. We need a goalscoring midfielder or two, some box to box players who not only can defend but also create and score. All this talk about a striker and I'd just be happy to see Freeman actually find a scoring touch or for us to have loaned in a midfielder who can convert, hopefully Tomlin will find a few and Freeman will also contribute, otherwise we're always going to struggle with goals, Kodjia is not the issue.

3 hours ago, nathredwood said:

I got as far as Kodyia and stopped reading. I assume. THE. rest of the post. WAS. absolute nonsense. LEE!

I know what you mean and share your sentiment, but you didn't really stop reading the post did you :whistle:?

Come on. You can tell us.

You read the whole post and then decided to reply because you were angry and disagreed with what RMC said ;).

For what it's worth, so was I:grr:.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know what you mean and share your sentiment, but you didn't really stop reading the post did you :whistle:?

Come on. You can tell us.

You read the whole post and then decided to reply because you were angry and disagreed with what RMC said ;).

For what it's worth, so was I:grr:.

And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky PHILINFRANCE!

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That shows that the club are advancing , coach changes , club keeps on going with it's plan .

Good news from my point of view .

Yes very true.

On Agard, he's not good enough to start at this level but he's a perfect impact sub. He's dangerous in and out of possession; he drags defenders away with his pace, is always a threat on the break and with his tenacity is a good defender from the front. If he's happy to continue in that role, I would keep him this summer if we possibly can.

4 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Yes very true.

On Agard, he's not good enough to start at this level but he's a perfect impact sub. He's dangerous in and out of possession; he drags defenders away with his pace, is always a threat on the break and with his tenacity is a good defender from the front. If he's happy to continue in that role, I would keep him this summer if we possibly can.

19 sub appearances, 3 goals... not much of an impact :/

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

19 sub appearances, 3 goals... not much of an impact :/

Seeing as at least ten of those appearances came when he appeared after the 80th minute I'm not sure of your point..

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as at least ten of those appearances came when he appeared after the 80th minute I'm not sure of your point..

Well an impact sub makes an impact... he isn't making an impact in his games. He made an impact against Leeds and West Brom but his other goal came from starting. I think Agard would be better off at a club starting games, he'll never find form at us sitting on the bench, it should be the youngsters who are eager and enthusiastic coming off of the bench when we're struggling to score.

It also still doesn't matter if he's here or not, the issue isn't so much our strikers but our midfielders. 3 goals from our midfielders combined, if Flint scores in our next match he'll have scored more goals than our entire midfield combined twice over, the same as Wilbs and twice as many as Agard. It's fair to say if Flint and Kodjia both got injured at the same time we'd be screwed as we only have 4 players in our entire squad who have scored more than 2 goals this season. We need midfielders who can do more than make a pass and do some defending, we need midfielders who can actually contribute and in turn stop putting so much pressure on our strikers to carry everyone and get us points.

On 7 March 2016 at 14:38, Thatch35 said:

The squad isn't good enough, not enough goals being scored! If the midfield are not scoring a decent new striker could be the difference between relegation and staying up.

I don't believe the manager is either, but we need to get behind them its our only chance of survival we vaguely have.

Archived