IGNORED

Best Album of the 80s

Mike Hunt-Hertz

34 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Crocodile by Echo and the Bunnymen

Or Kilimanjaro by Teardrop Explodes

Both great albums.

I would add The Stone Roses, The Smiths debut, Sound Affects by The Jam, George Best by The Wedding Present, to name but a few.

Edit: De La Soul: 3 Feet High And Rising

34 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Bugger!! If you can remember the date of the White Room you weren't there man, you just weren't there.

:P

Don;t worry man it's what happens as we age, your justified and your ancient  :P.... i'll just grab my coat..

On 10/03/2016 at 20:04, glynriley said:

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood

Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4

Big Country - The Crossing

The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta & Synchronicity

Oh my god, I have forgotten all about Marillion, don;t think I have listened to them for 15-20 years... and I loved them as a kid..... time to goto google play and download !!!!   thanks for the memory jolt.

A great decade and the one I first really began to obsess with music.

At the start if the decade my favourite albums would probably have been John Foxx - Metamatic and the first Psychedelic Furs album.

Midway through it would be The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead, and by the end I was just playing dance 12" white labels. 

The 80s album I probably listen to the most these days is Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth*. This has some very deep and personal significances for me.

* Not the album with the single of the same name on it. That came later.

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At the start if the decade my favourite albums would probably have been John Foxx - Metamatic and the first Psychedelic Furs album.

Midway through it would be The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead, and by the end I was just playing dance 12" white labels. 

The 80s album I probably listen to the most these days is Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth*. This has some very deep and personal significances for me.

Julian Cope...legend. Read his autobiography a few years ago. The bloke's appetite for drink and drugs was phenomenal.

11 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Back in Black - AC/DC - 2nd biggest selling album EVER

I must admit, I was surprised to discover its status as 2nd biggest seller behind Thriller.  Although, the Oracle of Truth only puts it 2nd on claimed, not certified, sales.

Still a load of cack in my view, mind.  The album that is, not Wikipedia.

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Only got to see Cope live once, at the Studio, mid 80s I would guess.  Brilliant performer.

Archived