IGNORED

European City of Sport 2017

Selred

5 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

What a ridiculous choice.

Apart from Ashton Gate, there is no facilities to watch sport in Bristol.

Apart from the Downs and a few golf courses, there is next to nowhere to play sport.

Are the panel being ironic???

No problem. They've identified a patch big enough to host any sporting event.

ashton_vale-1415376778.jpg

So the council - who've spent the last 30 years screwing up any plans City, Rovers and Glos have to improve there facilities - are celebrating this annoucement.

latest?cb=20150301063637

3 minutes ago, London expats said:

No doubt uncle George will take all the credit, The council have done nothing but screw all sports plans for this city for years.

Now they have the nerve to celebrate this !

Sorry just seem to have rewritten Tomarse reply !!!!!!

Well its what we're all thinking. Excuse my french but an absolute f**king joke this is. Up there with the Green award.

23 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

What a ridiculous choice.

Apart from Ashton Gate, there is no facilities to watch sport in Bristol.

Apart from the Downs and a few golf courses, there is next to nowhere to play sport.

Are the panel being ironic???

Well they did pick Stoke before us.....

2 minutes ago, SCARLETFEVER said:

Why the negativity - this could be the precursor to the Winter Olympics followed by the World Surfing Championships

Ice scatting on Ashton Vale for sure.

My biggest gripe with this is that certain people at the club seem to be slowly getting into bed with red trousers. I appreciate that pretty much everyone who was around back when he played a major part in stopping AV is no longer with us, but surely it should have been passed on to current staff all that he did, and what a two faced back stabber he is. 

The sooner we get that man out in May the better. 

29 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Well, looking at Stokes team this year, does it mean that next season we'll have a side of Barcelona rejects?

Yes please!

I think the Gasheads will laugh their heads off if we signed their rejects.....

27 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Some important background to this.

There is no competition to "win". You APPLY to become a European City of Sport. 

In fact I'm led to believe they are something like 17 of them across Europe in 2016.

George is electioneering. 

A pretty quick google confirms exactly that.

"City of Sport" is actually just one of a number of titles awarded by the non-profit organisation known as the European Capitals and Cities of Sport Federation (ACES Europe).

The main award is the "European Capital of Sport" this is awarded to municipalities of over 500,000 population - the current capital is Prague and in 2017 it is Marseille.

To be a "European City of Sport" you must have between 25,000 and 499,999 people - there are currently 17 across Europe, mostly in Spain and Italy but...OMG IT INCLUDES TILBURG...QUICK GET A FRIENDLY SORTED...sorry, got carried away.  

Anyway, it basically seems meaningless, you don't actually get a prize, you're not special and you're behind Marseille.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Well its what we're all thinking. Excuse my french but an absolute ******* joke this is. Up there with the Green award.

I actually thought that it is a bigger joke than the Green award.

We are after all a city with a lot of Green councillors and an obvious focus on environmental issues.

What we certainly are not is a city that places any emphasis on sport whatsoever, either in participating or spectating. As others have stated no comparable sized British city has inferior sporting facilities for either.

Have a guess who the lead Bristol city councillor is for sport? Daniella Radice!

A total ******* joke.

32 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

A pretty quick google confirms exactly that.

"City of Sport" is actually just one of a number of titles awarded by the non-profit organisation known as the European Capitals and Cities of Sport Federation (ACES Europe).

The main award is the "European Capital of Sport" this is awarded to municipalities of over 500,000 population - the current capital is Prague and in 2017 it is Marseille.

To be a "European City of Sport" you must have between 25,000 and 499,999 people - there are currently 17 across Europe, mostly in Spain and Italy but...OMG IT INCLUDES TILBURG...QUICK GET A FRIENDLY SORTED...sorry, got carried away.  

Anyway, it basically seems meaningless, you don't actually get a prize, you're not special and you're behind Marseille.

Best post all day. GF will go around shouting it from the rooftops, adding how he managed to achieve it and what it'll do for Bristol... 

Sweet FA.

#GeorgeOut 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

My biggest gripe with this is that certain people at the club seem to be slowly getting into bed with red trousers. I appreciate that pretty much everyone who was around back when he played a major part in stopping AV is no longer with us, but surely it should have been passed on to current staff all that he did, and what a two faced back stabber he is. 

The sooner we get that man out in May the better. 

Who should we get behind?  Going to be a crowed field again. I was a Labour party member for 25 years but I can't  bring myself to vote for Marvin while Corbyn nasty party is running Labour. I fear am not alone has a Labour supporter who won't be voting this time around , so I fear GF may get back in due to this. 

Archived