IGNORED

European City of Sport 2017

Selred

3 hours ago, Selred said:

So it's been awarded to Bristol, interesting to see Colin Sexstone was involved in the project.

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what is it, and did anyone know Stoke was this years City?

How many people outside Bristol knew we were green capital. 

Stuff like this are vanity projects for people in power who have a big ego  to massage. It don't achieve anything for normal people ,Bristol green capital passed most people by .

17 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Who should we get behind?  Going to be a crowed field again. I was a Labour party member for 25 years but I can't  bring myself to vote for Marvin while Corbyn nasty party is running Labour. I fear am not alone has a Labour supporter who won't be voting this time around , so I fear GF may get back in due to this. 

Marvin is our best chance of getting GF out I believe, he gets my vote. Might need to be a necessary evil for those unsure about Corbyn. 

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

My biggest gripe with this is that certain people at the club seem to be slowly getting into bed with red trousers. I appreciate that pretty much everyone who was around back when he played a major part in stopping AV is no longer with us, but surely it should have been passed on to current staff all that he did, and what a two faced back stabber he is. 

The sooner we get that man out in May the better. 

I,m with you 100% on this Dolly, bang on! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Well its what we're all thinking. Excuse my french but an absolute ******* joke this is. Up there with the Green award.

I see this as similar to the european culture award - these things seem to always go to baskets cases in terms of the subject.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I see this as similar to the european culture award - these things seem to always go to baskets cases in terms of the subject.

Look forward to the knocked up in 10 minutes website for it.. That'll cost the taxpayer £250k 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I actually thought that it is a bigger joke than the Green award.

We are after all a city with a lot of Green councillors and an obvious focus on environmental issues.

What we certainly are not is a city that places any emphasis on sport whatsoever, either in participating or spectating. As others have stated no comparable sized British city has inferior sporting facilities for either.

Have a guess who the lead Bristol city councillor is for sport? Daniella Radice!

A total ******* joke.

We've got the biggest screen to watch sport in Europe…

I would like to actually see a conservative mayor, decades of  Labour, Lib Dems, and now Fergy have all shown they do not have the interest of the city at heart... maybe time to give the Tories a chance to see if they can finally get this city bloody moving.

16 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Best post all day. GF will go around shouting it from the rooftops, adding how he managed to achieve it and what it'll do for Bristol... 

Sweet FA.

#GeorgeOut 

Too kind.

Although the first time I read this I thought "GF" meant girlfriend (cos I is down with da kidz).  Thought you must have a missus with a passion for meaningless European accolades and rooftop bawling.

• Admin
18 hours ago, eric04 said:

Some important background to this.

There is no competition to "win". You APPLY to become a European City of Sport. 

In fact I'm led to believe they are something like 17 of them across Europe in 2016.

I think seeing as Stoke are previously holding the title and now we are, it's easy to see who is behind the bid at Bristol Sport

How Bristol even has the cheek to apply is embarrassing in itself

19 hours ago, Selred said:

So it's been awarded to Bristol, interesting to see Colin Sexstone was involved in the project.

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what is it, and did anyone know Stoke was this years City?

Remember boys and girls, it is very likely that Bristol City Council will no doubt give a distorted level of emphasis to the 'BIKE'.

No doubt they will invite the Tour de France over, close the streets and have a bike race around the City, etc.

Watch this space.

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

No thanks!

Better to have the muddle headed idiots that have always ruled Bristol so badly, rather than a clear headed Tory with a good business brain.  If the Tory was successful it would be a disaster for all the muddle headed idiots who kept voting for the current idiots - they won't like being put into a better position by a bloody Tory!!

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I think seeing as Stoke are previously holding the title and now we are, it's easy to see who is behind the bid at Bristol Sport

How Bristol even has the cheek to apply is embarrassing in itself

A article in the Bristol Post centres on opportunity regarding City of Sport. There are disparities across the City particularly in the South.

If sporting opportunity for children increases by 1% in BS3-4 etc in any manner that is a good thing.

BCFC could get involved. The Community Trust could have a role. BCFC once ran a City wide kids football tournament.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Too kind.

Although the first time I read this I thought "GF" meant girlfriend (cos I is down with da kidz).  Thought you must have a missus with a passion for meaningless European accolades and rooftop bawling.

Ah. Sorry to disappoint but my 'missus' is a 6ft redhead with a bigger beard than Brian Blessed. He does however have a passion for rooftop bawling... normally when he's had a litre of Cheddar Valley and England Rugby have won the six nations (it doesn't happen often thankfully).

As for writing GF, I find if I write that red trousered barntop's full name, a little bit of sick come up my throat...

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ah. Sorry to disappoint but my 'missus' is a 6ft redhead with a bigger beard than Brian Blessed. He does however have a passion for rooftop bawling... normally when he's had a litre of Cheddar Valley and England Rugby have won the six nations (it doesn't happen often thankfully).

As for writing GF, I find if I write that red trousered barntop's full name, a little bit of sick come up my throat...

Thus my assumptive nature is revealed. Apologies. 

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

I would like to actually see a conservative mayor, decades of  Labour, Lib Dems, and now Fergy have all shown they do not have the interest of the city at heart... maybe time to give the Tories a chance to see if they can finally get this city bloody moving.

Have you actually looked at how the votes stack up in Bristol?

There are hardly any Tories, that's why unlike the rest of Southern England we have 3 Labour MPs.

If you want a Tory then move to North Somerset or South Glos, it's full of them.

Only Ferguson or Rees can win the election, everyone else is wasting their time even being on the ballot paper.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

There are hardly any Tories, that's why unlike the rest of Southern England we have 3 Labour MPs.

If you want a Tory then move to North Somerset or South Glos, it's full of them.

Only Ferguson or Rees can win the election, everyone else is wasting their time even being on the ballot paper.

CRASS ALERT: for the below

I know which is why this city sucks so much compared to many others for infrastructure. When your onto a sure thing you don't buy them dinner or flowers, you just **** them, often and repeatedly if they let you... if we want the dinner and flowers we need Labour to know we are not a sure thing, and they can't keep F*cking us for nothing in return.

Come on, I can the prospectus when the council applied for this award. The following suitable venues make Bristol a potential Olympic city, the docks or feeder canal a great venue for rowing, boxing at the Colston Hall, Arnoldfini for gymnastics, golf at Ashton court pitch and putt. Tennis at Clifton, sailing at Portishead marina, athletics at Filton and drug testing labs in St Pauls.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on,dispite continually failing this great city of ours people keep voting labour in and lib dems before them,we will never learn I fear

Archived