IGNORED

MOTD ..Reading/Palace COPPELL

WhistleHappy

I still think that some of our problems/issues can be traced back to the day Coppell walked out.

But, we need to let it go, it was almost 6 years ago...the guy is a human being, the abuse he has been given over the years by City fans has been well over the top at times. He took a job, he didn't like it, he moved on. Surely lots of people on here have done the same?

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I still think that some of our problems/issues can be traced back to the day Coppell walked out.

But, we need to let it go, it was almost 6 years ago...the guy is a human being, the abuse he has been given over the years by City fans has been well over the top at times. He took a job, he didn't like it, he moved on. Surely lots of people on here have done the same?

Exactly...and if fans actually knew the reason he left, and didn't presume, they wouldn't do it...plus they would show their anger towards someone else, who promised one thing and gave another, plus kept bloody interfering in a job he knows nothing about...then a nice big pay off to keep quiet and sweep it under the bridge so no one notices.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Exactly...and if fans actually knew the reason he left, and didn't presume, they wouldn't do it...plus they would show their anger towards someone else, who promised one thing and gave another, plus kept bloody interfering in a job he knows nothing about...then a nice big pay off to keep quiet and sweep it under the bridge so no one notices.

Look at all those top jobs afterwards, too.

Director of football at Crawley and um...**** all else.

My problem was that he ever took the job in the first place seeing as he showed zero interest in it, not even bothering to start when he was appointed until the following season.

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was just about to let go,and forget all about it. 

But you had to bring it up again didn't you?!

:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Exactly...and if fans actually knew the reason he left, and didnt presume, they wouldn't do it ...plus they would show their anger towards someone else, who promised one thing and gave another, plus kept bloody interfering in a job he knows nothing about...then a nice big pay off to keep quiet and sweep it under the bridge so no one notices.

No idea about what or who this post refers to, but if I was involved in something similar I think I'd probably be so ashamed incase the truth ever came to light - I'd leave town and find myself a little island somewhere to live on. ;)

37 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Interesting who's on the pitch too. Given our striking problems this season, seeing a certain Simon Cox starting in a quarter final makes you wonder about why he never even got a look in here.

It was all part of cotts master plan to get himself fired. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Look at all those top jobs afterwards, too.

Director of football at Crawley and um...**** all else.

My problem was that he ever took the job in the first place seeing as he showed zero interest in it, not even bothering to start when he was appointed until the following season.

The point is Graham...people fail to remember that SC didn't want this job.

A certain person went chasing him and convinced him to do it.

He saw what he did at Reading and spoke about Reading FC being the blueprint he wanted to follow.

SC explained that he didn't want the job, but would only consider it if he could do it his way with no interference...that was the deal.

He still wasn't convinced...but was promised x amount of £'s and told he could do it his way.

He said he had prior engagements...but still was told he was wanted and could do it his way.

When on board...the reality was far from promised...

That Mckinnes article recently was pretty much how it was...under many managers here.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

He saw what he did at Reading and spoke about Reading FC being the blueprint he wanted to follow.

SC explained that he didn't want the job, but would only consider it if he could do it his way with no interference...that was the deal.

He still wasn't convinced...but was promised x amount of £'s and told he could do it his way.

He said he had prior engagements...but still was told he was wanted and could do it his way.

That Mckinnes article recently was pretty much how it was...under many managers here.

This

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Cotterill being the latest victim of such tactics. 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

There in his capacity as an ex-manager for both clubs - I wonder if we were one of those teams playing tonight -would he have the cheek to do the same? ....:laugh: :)

Sorry.

I have tried to hold back, but both you and Mad Cyril are idiots.

There. That's told you.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

He could ask for, expect and demand all he wants. But, for me the man who brought us Nicky Hunt and particularly Damien Stewart  can F off as quick as he did decide to with absolutely no complaints from me. 

He wasn't the only one to 'smell a rat'. 

39 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Lawrenson during that row between Gunter and Zaha: "where's Boutros Boutros Ghali when you need him?"

Erm, about six foot under Mark.

Lawrenson did say something sensible - "it takes 2 hours to get out of the car park"

I thought our home support was bad, but **** me, Reading were non-existant. Full house, FA Cup quarter final, in the game past 80 mins, and I think I heard them sing/chant twice. Don't let us get like them, cider reds

Archived