IGNORED

Did they ever happen?

sglosbcfc

I'm sure that lady ventilated her mams at the Mansfield game.

I can remember an away game at Ninian Park, sometime in the 80s or 90s, where we scored and some lad came out of the shithouse, celebrating with his strides around his ankles! I so hope this was not an alcohol fuelled hallucination.

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I saw one...10 1NCH. Seriously.

FU 2. Couple of weeks ago on my way back to work around here. Even funnier is the fact that the bloke driving must have been about 6ft plus driving a smart car.

1. 1986 Wembley final, a busty young blonde lady gets her baps out during the game. As I wasn't yet a teenager and was at the game with my parents I just went beetroot and room as many sneaky looks as I could, I'm sure that happened?

Yes. There were two females. One of whom still attends todays. Her naturalist tendancies ceased decades ago.

2. Around 1988 ish, away match at Aldershot, mid week possibly Leyland Daf Trophy, IRA bomb scare and the City fans (about 300) had to make our way into a park for 15 mins whilst the ground was checked. I think I have that right?

We were moved across the terrace due to an electric fault with the stadium lighting.

4. City v Cardiff late 80s I think, the Cardiff fans lifted/tore down the huge red iron gates that prevented away fans from getting at home fans. If my memory is correct they lifted them in unison and they suddenly fell forward and then all hell let loose.

89 was the opposite way around. The Police were forced into the gates by City's firm till they opened.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

FU 2. Couple of weeks ago on my way back to work around here. Even funnier is the fact that the bloke driving must have been about 6ft plus driving a smart car.

FU2 used to be the plate of Fiona Richardson.

I think I remember only about 16 years ago, we were at home to Northampton (won 3-1?) and a clearance went into the Williams, over the head of a bloke carrying food and drink. He watched to make sure it wouldn't hit him... Only for the ball to hit the roof, square off a stair and hit him square on; with the contents of his hands to go up in the air

Over the years, I've convinced myself I dreamt this because no one I spoke to remembers it ... I'd have been about 11 at the time

21 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I've seen so many City matches over so many years and yet some strange non football directly related memories lodge in my mind, but my question, did they actually happen or is it the old mind playing tricks -

1. 1986 Wembley final, a busty young blonde lady gets her baps out during the game. As I wasn't yet a teenager and was at the game with my parents I just went beetroot and room as many sneaky looks as I could, I'm sure that happened?

3. Around 1990ish, Blackpool away, their toilet 'facilities' were simply a wooden wall that you p*ssed on. Not sure what you did if you wanted a number 2, were female, disabled or all three!

Anyone remember any of the above or am I finally losing it?

1. Definitely Mansfield (I didn't go to the Bolton game)

3. Correct. Similar to the Wolves South Bank. The one loo just had 2 walls. No door. Half a basin. No water. No roof. I've never clung on so much in my life.

So I didn't imagine any of he incidents bar possibly the Aldershot one. Doesn't anyone remember having to leave the stadium for a bomb scare?

Another one I've just thought of, Northampton away at the County Cricket ground in 1989, City come out in the Cobblers all blue away kit! The ref said our kit clashed with their maroon and white. Rob Newman was holding his shirt to the City fans as if it had dog s*it on it, ha.

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

So I didn't imagine any of he incidents bar possibly the Aldershot one. Doesn't anyone remember having to leave the stadium for a bomb scare?

Another one I've just thought of, Northampton away at the County Cricket ground in 1989, City come out in the Cobblers all blue away kit! The ref said our kit clashed with their maroon and white. Rob Newman was holding his shirt to the City fans as if it had dog s*it on it, ha.

Remember the game....lost 2-0, ground like downtown Beirut and got back to car to find I had a puncture! Happy days.

I remember a JPT/AutoWindscreen/Sherpa Trophy game back when Danny Wilson was manager. The game was drawn & went to extra time which had golden goal. Within 30 seconds of the restart we won a corner & Danny Coles scored. I remember a guy walking out the Williams gangway with 2 cups of tea as hundreds of City fans headed towards him he looked totally bemused at what was going on.

Another one in the same competion when we played Bournemouth. They brought on as a sub player (can't remember his name) who looked about 5 stone overweight he lasted about 15 mins & got took off again at that very moment one of those people who used to wander around the ground selling pasties out of their white trays was walking up the sideline by the away dugout it genuinely looked like he had seen an opportunity to get a quick sale.

I'm certain that I've seen a player get dropped by the stretcher guys too. Think it was Brentford - Early 00s? 

11 hours ago, robintherobin said:

I'm pretty sure the Jacki flick was against Wolves, 17th March 1992.

We won 2-0 and he scored both goals in the final ten minutes.

Definitely vs Ipswich - it was right in front of me and I spoke to a couple of Ipswich fans after the game in town and they couldn't believe the skill they had witnessed...

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 23:28, poland_exile said:

a mate of mine told me about a time when he was a kiddy stood in the grandstand enclosure and some right sort was getting her charlies out in the seats - I'm reckoning we had a serial flasher in the 80s.

My moment of madness relates to Jacki v Ipswich. Clear as day I remember him pelting along and flicking the ball over his head like Pele did in Escape to Victory. No-one i know remembers this, though i think in recent times people have come forward on this forum saying they also remember this. Till then, for years I thought I had gone mental. 

I remember the Jacki moment clear as a bell mate. There was a discussion on here about it a while back, in my head it was on the left wing, in front of the Williams as he headed towards the Open End, someone else remembered it on the other side of the pitch - can you settle that argument?

There was a topless young lady against Brighton over Christmas in the late 80s, think it was 5-3. 8 goals and 2 bouncing boobies.....I was in dreamland, it was Christmas all over again!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Definitely vs Ipswich - it was right in front of me and I spoke to a couple of Ipswich fans after the game in town and they couldn't believe the skill they had witnessed...

You were either in the Park End then, or the Park End end of the enclosure. Or you were a ball boy. Or, least likely, playing right full back for Ipswich that day

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Which stand were you in.....

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 18:52, solihull cider red said:

I think I remember only about 16 years ago, we were at home to Northampton (won 3-1?) and a clearance went into the Williams, over the head of a bloke carrying food and drink. He watched to make sure it wouldn't hit him... Only for the ball to hit the roof, square off a stair and hit him square on; with the contents of his hands to go up in the air

Over the years, I've convinced myself I dreamt this because no one I spoke to remembers it ... I'd have been about 11 at the time

Don't remember it at the football, but a pint laden bloke got taken out with a head shot at the rugby a few years ago....

Archived