IGNORED

Highlights now up...

cityexile

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Guess McCormack was rather quiet at the end after his shushing celebration.

I love those sort of premature celebrations coming back to haunt players. This is my personal favourite..... Carsten Janckers celebration in this game.

Posted: Sat 12 Mar 2016 
Author: Mark Perrow

image: johnson43213-3003004_478x359.jpg

Lee Johnson

Lee Johnson

Image by: jmpuk.com

Head coach lauds bumper travelling support after dramatic late win.

Lee Johnson urged Fulham to “check the foundations” at Craven Cottage after Lee Tomlin’s last-gasp free kick sent just shy of 4,000 travelling City fans into raptures in West London.

A bumper away following of 3,916 Bristolians were briefly silenced by Ross McCormack’s exquisite opener, but their team drew level through Marlon Pack’s first goal of the season before Tomlin won the game in dramatic fashion. 

Head coach Johnson, whose double substitution at the interval turned the game in his side’s favour, was quick to dedicate the victory to the City supporters.

“They would’ve enjoyed that win today and it’s great to score a goal in the last couple of minutes in front of them – it was the perfect day,” he told Bristol City Player HD.

“I think they need to check the foundations because there were 4,000 fans bouncing up and down around the ground, and I’m sure I saw the ground shaking!

“I’m really pleased because I just wanted to win for everybody else. Everybody has stuck with us and now we’re going into that Bolton game on the up, rather than on a downer.”

Johnson’s decision to withdraw Luke Freeman and top scorer Jonathan Kodjia at half-time, introducing Bobby Reid and debutant Peter Odemwingie, was the catalyst for the comeback.

“What is it Del Boy says – ‘fortune favours the brave’?” he joked. “I would’ve made three (changes) if I’d had my way but obviously you have to leave yourself a substitution in case you get an injury.

“They really had a foothold in that midfield and we couldn’t get near them – we were chasing shadows and we needed more ability and quality on the ball on the pitch.

“At half-time we had to make sure we got something on to the pitch that was going to be effective and I think the lads that came on were superb. We spent pretty much the whole half in their half.

“The lads have been really good today and shown unbelievable character – that’s the third game in seven days and they’ve been tough, intense games.

“You have to keep going and make sure you don’t lay down and die, and we didn’t. They (Fulham) probably thought the game was won at half-time and we used that as motivation.

“At half-time I was really upset, but at the end of the game I said ‘that is it – that is the tempo, that is the power, that is being close to each other, that is the one-touch passing and that is the quality that’s required’.

“But we’ve got to make sure we turn up every game. If you don’t, I’ll make bold decisions like I have today.”

“We’ve got to make sure we turn up every game. If you don’t, I’ll make bold decisions like I have today.”

Lee Johnson

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/johnson-urges-fulham-to-check-the-foundations-at-the-cottage-3002841.aspx#8S8GR8VoueO8jB8t.99

3 hours ago, bris red said:

Haha look at Mccormack the fat little fo0ker giving our lot the 'shhh' after his goal. We had the last laugh today sunshine!!

I can top that. Read Lonergan's lips after he picks the ball out of the net from Marlon's stunner. Priceless!

11 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Got to say that their version of the highlights is an entertaining watch - great commentary, if you're a City fan!

"Well... I don't 'ave to tell you what's 'appened there."

Also loved him saying that he wasn't sure Bryan was fouled after he was pole-axed by two Fulham players. Magick.

Archived